Poll: Brady and Rodgers - Retire or Return?

Poll: Brady and Rodgers - Retire or Return?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady - Will he retire or return?

• Retire
    • Return
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)
  2. 2. Aaron Rodgers - Will he retire or return?

• Retire
    • Return
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/2022 at 05:42 PM

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Rodgers is clearly returning. Will it be on GB or someone else is the question.

Brady -- I get the rumors but I'll believe it when I see it. I think the guy just likes to play and can still play at an elite level. His legacy is obviously secure but I'm not even sure that's what drives him.

This. 

Also, people laughed when Brady said years ago that he wanted to play until he was 45. Well, he'll be 45 in August, coming off another elite year. My best guess is he comes back for one more year, unless Gisele lays the hammer down. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers will be playing in 2022. It's a question of where.

Brady, I'm not so sure about. Tampa is teetering on the edge of a cliff and their window to win a SB is closed, particularly because it lacks the salary cap to replace their ageing players with fresh blood from free agency. If he wants to win that eighth ring, I think he'd be better off going to another team in 2022, because I think he won't win it with Tampa Bay, but the question is where can he go that will have the salary cap to absorb his salary and put the other pieces around him to take him to the Super Bowl. I don't see him going to an AFC team because he'll have to go through some combination of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen and Herbert to get to the Super Bowl. The NFC teams he could potentially go to are a short list. Gisele wants him to retire from football, as well. 

Brady is foolish to not retire...  he has done everything you can over two hall of fame careers.  At 45 not only should he be retired, he's already on the back nine of his life!  Seriously everyone acknowledges he's the best to ever play the game.  At this point, it is actually selfish to his family.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Brady is foolish to not retire...  he has done everything you can over two hall of fame careers.  At 45 not only should he be retired, he's already on the back nine of his life!  Seriously everyone acknowledges he's the best to ever play the game.  At this point, it is actually selfish to his family.

I think Brady has arguably had 3-4 HOF careers.  I would be interested to see someone do that breakdown.  Aaron Rodgers is going to the HOF with (currently) 1 SB.  Brady has been to 10 and won 7.

Eli is going to the HOF because he has 2 SBs.  Brady has done that 3 times with an extra SB to spare.  If a QB went 1-3 in the SB, he'd likely be a HOFer.  

I think Bradys motivation was to play for a really good team with enough cap space to bring in players he wanted like Groningen and AB.  The warm weather of TB was a real bonus to his age.  

He did all this was to win and prove to everyone that it was him, not Belichick responsible for all thos rings in NE.  He’s proven that and the insensitive is gone,  After 22 years the pull of family and time with his kids may be stronger than another year of NFL life

Rodgers doesn’t want to be part of a rebuild which he’s expecting due to their cap issues.  He’s not ready to retire, he’ll move on to a good team in need of a QB.  Imagine he replaces Brady in Tampa

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The poll should be where will KAaron Rodgers play next season?

Broncos

Dolphins - Tua isn't the one.

Buccaneers- if Brady retires 

Titans - if they trade Ryan Tannehill 

Raiders - if the trade Derek Carr

49ers - for Trey Lance then Packers trade Love.

If the Packers offered Aaron Rodgers straight up for ZW, would you accept?  Let's say that Rodgers agreed to play for 4 more years.

• Thumb Down 2

45 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Geez, Brady threw for the most yards he's ever had in regular season.  Of course this was a 17 game season so 2011 is probably his best season as far as that stat.  But still an unbelievable season.

Still works out at over 5k yards if you adjust for the extra game.