OT: Baseball is back

Lith

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Opening Day expected to be April 7.  Trades/Free Agency to resume as soon as the agreement is ratified, which could be by tomorrow.

Interesting that union leadership voted unanimously against the agreement, but players supported it.

This basically happened with the recent NFL agreement as well. Players are realizing that the executives of the union and player reps are mostly looking out for the Top 10% and not the young player or non-star. It's actually a good thing I think for sports. 

• Upvote 4

I know there are a lot of baseball fans on here and I have been a fan of the Canadian teams and watch at times but if there is a more illogical sport I don't know what it is.

6 weeks and an ungodly 30 plus ex games.  162 regular season games..... and then one game playoffs....then 3 out of 5...then ....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know there are a lot of baseball fans on here and I have been a fan of the Canadian teams and watch at times but if there is a more illogical sport I don't know what it is.

6 weeks and an ungodly 30 plus ex games.  162 regular season games..... and then one game playoffs....then 3 out of 5...then ....

Don't forget,  grown men constantly grabbing their crouch. @joewilly12

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Actually very surprised that strike is over given the animosity and distrust shown by each side towards one another. Thought there was going to be a looooong protracted lockout. Happy for baseball fans but doesn’t move the needle for me at all 

• Upvote 1

i cant wait. as a long suffering Mets fan i now have an owner trying to buy a championship. its nice to feel what Yankee fans have always felt. that no FA was ever off there list. well it used to be like that but i think Hal is a lot cheaper than his father. Cohen is going to blow right passed him. it will be fun to watch the privilege Yankee fans who think its there birthright to win all the time lose FA to the Mets. lol