Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

10 minutes ago, David Harris said:

My mock drafts just got a whole lot easier. 

Edge at 4

WR Wilson at 10

Definitely possible.  Other options could be a OL, QB desperate team wants #4 and we trade

down (#9 SEA?) and pick up another #2

• Upvote 1

Love our start.  Boo to those bitching 1 minute in.

Remaining needs in no particular order:

1. DT to stop run and clog the middle.  Jones from SF?
2. LB who can cover RBs and TEs, fill running lanes

3. Edge.  Smith from Green Bay?  

4. Starting corner who can play zone & man

5. Starting Safeties

6. Starting + #2 Tight End

7. #1 WR potential (draft or trade) + solid vet for depth

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Well....

1. A difference maker #1 WR would be nice.

2. A LB or two would be good.

3. Some DBacks might be good too.

4. A TE would be nice.

5. Backup QB....

6. Edges.....

7. Better kicker.....

Yeah, no shame for the two signings so far, but it's not like we've solved our talent deficiency, lol. 

We still pretty much need everything.

Thus far (and it's early) the Jets are prioritizing offense and seemingly trusted, veteran guys who know the system and/or know Zach Wilson.  It seems to me like the Jets want to solidify the offense around Zach with experienced players who they don't need to develop or worry about.  A solid RG upgrade and bringing back one of Zach's most familiar pass-catchers is a really prudent start to FA.  The Jets haven't swung for the fences with a dramatic talent upgrade here, just seemingly solidifying the foundation around ZW as he heads into the all-important second year.

If the Jets add a veteran WR who is at least decent (Robinson, Chark, Gage, etc.) and a TE then I'd say the writing is on the wall that this will be a heavy defense Draft for the Jets.  It wouldn't be surprising after the Jets used every single 1st and 2nd round pick for the past 2 seasons on offense.  We'll see...

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Maybe make a run at a guy the the DC coached in Atlanta - Foyesade Oluokun (yes, I had to cut and paste it: now say his name five times fast ...) But the guy is very mobile and can tackle. Might be a good complement to Williams and Mosely. Should not be outrageously expensive. 

3 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Maybe make a run at a guy the the DC coached in Atlanta - Foyesade Oluokun (yes, I had to cut and paste it" now say his name five times fast ...) But the guy is very mobile and can tackle. Might be a good complement to Williams and Mosely. Should not be outrageously expensive. 

signing with Jax $45 mil