Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Seeing/hearing 0 jets WR rumors. #10 pick would have to be guaranteed to be a WR. Wilson or London? 

Still need a safety, edge, cb and wr. Depending what else they do in FA could shape the draft. Thibs and Sauce would be a dream scenario right now at 4 and 10. Hopefully they bring in some veteran WR help tho 

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Still need a safety, edge, cb and wr. Depending what else they do in FA could shape the draft. Thibs and Sauce would be a dream scenario right now at 4 and 10. Hopefully they bring in some veteran WR help tho 

at this point the jets could go different ways in the draft.  They could easily go edge/cb and then have 3 day 2 picks to address wr/TE.  Early round 2 is a nice spot to grab those positions.  

5 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

To everyone worried about CJ not being a TE1. He is not, there are about 5 total in the NFL, but every team needs a reliable guy at the position and he is one.

Read the tea leaves on others getting franchise tagged and similar FA deals. That’s business, baby. CJ is a solid pickup that’s obviously a targeted need.

We will get another in the draft. I don’t want a rookie TE working with the likes of Griffin, Kroft, and Wesco. 

He is a big bodied type that can square up to his qb to provide a target, and can be that safety net a young guy needs for bail outs. Something the Jets have not had.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Interesting. 

Why not? 

Old, oft-injured nowadays, would rather draft Sauce Gardner, roll out Bryce Hall and continue his development, sign Marcus Williams for the back end, throw MC in the slot again.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

As implied above, at this point any big more big signings by the Jets are going to require cap management, which JD has avoided thus far (and his record shows it).  With cap management, a player’s cap hit (and dead cap) gets deferred to future years:  for example if their contract is 3 years/$30mm, the cap hit in year 1 would be less, perhaps much less, than $10mm.   We all see the need for these players that are being signed, but that shows us how bad the roster is.  It feels like we still need a lot more, but at some point we will rely on on the draft.   That is why i am feeling that WR, EDGE, CB, TE1 and LB will be addressed in rds 1-3 of the draft.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetty said:

I think we are going to draft a WR now even though I really wanted Allen Robinson. 

You couldn’t justify paying what Robinson will be looking for after the contract Kirk just received. He was also pretty bad last year, even if his QB was trash. I loved him heading into last year’s offseason but now there’s some red flags.

Davante Adams is the only WR that may become available that I’d go all in for. He would demand crazy money but he’s as elite as it gets.

Cooper was the guy but we f*cked that up. 

• Upvote 2