Jump to content

Jameson Williams


FidelioJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People discard Jameson Williams due to the injury and he is already doing some light drills and looking good.

Same people want drake london who can't run a 40 due to his broken ankle or hammy or whatever is wrong with him.

I'd take Williams over London all day every day.....and twice on sundays.

Williams gets open, leaves opponents in the dust and can take a 5 yard pass to the house.  London out jumps people for the ball.

Williams played in the SEC loaded with great defensive players.  London played in the putrid pac 12

To me, the pick at 10 should be this guy or Wilson, assuming they go edge at 4.

BUT - where it gets interesting is if they take Ickey at 4. That would mean to me they go edge at 10. And then I’m not sure what they do about WR. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slimjasi said:

To me, the pick at 10 should be this guy or Wilson, assuming they go edge at 4.

BUT - where it gets interesting is if they take Ickey at 4. That would mean to me they go edge at 10. And then I’m not sure what they do about WR. 

That’s the problem with going OL at 4, they still need an edge and now they’re not in control of who they get.  They’re probably ‘hoping’ karlaftis makes it to 10 if they go OL at 4 and then as you said wr is still a question.  If they go edge at 4 it makes their draft way more flexible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To me, the pick at 10 should be this guy or Wilson, assuming they go edge at 4.

BUT - where it gets interesting is if they take Ickey at 4. That would mean to me they go edge at 10. And then I’m not sure what they do about WR. 

My guess is Joe would trade up into the first from 35 to grab one of Williams/Wilson/London/Burks/Olave/Dotson.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

My guess is Joe would trade up into the first from 35 to grab one of Williams/Wilson/London/Burks/Olave/Dotson.

This is another reason I prefer taking the edge at 4 - I don’t want to have to trade up for a WR. 
 

If the jets stay at 10, they most likely get the second WR off the board. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2022 at 11:14 PM, Paradis said:

Pickens >>> Williams. 

decidedly

I like Pickens a lot.  I think he may be the perfect sleeper of the class if he stays healthy when all is said and done.  He gets separation, has hands, route running, top-end speed & YAK.  Prototypical size for a WR @ 6’3“ 205lbs

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To me, the pick at 10 should be this guy or Wilson, assuming they go edge at 4.

BUT - where it gets interesting is if they take Ickey at 4. That would mean to me they go edge at 10. And then I’m not sure what they do about WR. 

Probably have to trade back up into the 1st but there will still be good to better than good guys around that range looking at projections.  Jahan Dotson is very good.  Christian Watson is a bit of a risk but with huge upside. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 1:45 PM, Augustiniak said:

That’s the problem with going OL at 4, they still need an edge and now they’re not in control of who they get.  They’re probably ‘hoping’ karlaftis makes it to 10 if they go OL at 4 and then as you said wr is still a question.  If they go edge at 4 it makes their draft way more flexible.

There may be some decent edge options at the top of round 2 if they go OL and WR in round 1 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 2:18 PM, Jet Nut said:

I like Pickens a lot.  I think he may be the perfect sleeper of the class if he stays healthy when all is said and done.  He gets separation, has hands, route running, top-end speed & YAK.  Prototypical size for a WR @ 6’3“ 205lbs

 

If we can get Wilson or Williams in the first and Pickens is sitting there in the 3rd that would be a heist

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, FidelioJet said:

Normally I would agree.  

But from everything I'm hearing there really isn't a consensus guy that's going to be there at 4. 

I don't care what anyone says I simply don't believe we're going OL at 4 and I am thoroughly convinced it's edge/wr at 4 and 10.

Which means if they're not going to take Thib, might as well take Williams and then the best edge at 10.  I just think the gap between the best edge is less than the gap between the Williams and the other wr's.

 

I'd have no problem taking my favorite WR at 4, but I don't see it happening. 

Douglas has talked openly about favoring line play above all and has taken two first round OL already. Meanwhile, Saleh is openly all about the pass rush. 

But I think WR at 10 is the plan if they can't trade for a star and I would like them to take Williams, if he's there. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This feels like, he drops, gets on a good team and becomes a pro bowl player his rookie season.

Yup....I can just see it now.

While we have Drake London (who I like) winning a few toss ups and getting some key first downs as his highlights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 7:34 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd like to take him but only if we also add another WR we can rely on to be available for the entire off-season.

It's a risk adding a recently injured player to our roster but I'm willing to take it for a high reward player.

Exactly how I feel. We cannot come out of the first round without any help for Zach from day 1 of training camp. We've seen what happens to rookies when they miss significant time in camp - they spend the whole season catching up. If we do grab Williams, we need to double dip and grab a WR in the second round too. Not sure if the team will do that. Also, if he is going to be fully healed by June, what makes anyone think he won't be gone by pick #10? If the medicals check out and we want him, we have to take him at #4. I would take JJ at #10 - that would be a really nice haul. I was just listening to a podcast that had an NFL scout say JJ was the best pure pass rusher this year and I've now heard that from several people.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I think most of the WRs will turn out okay. But only see Williams being a notch above with his speed. 

Agreed, which is why you take him.

There's certainly talent, which is why if the Jets traded down I would be okay - and take a WR next (even if Williams is on the board) but don't take someone else over him if you're picking at 10.  You're trying to a win a championship, it's guys like Williams that if they hit - are the reasons why you win Super Bowls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will those of you that want Jameson Williams as our first receiver picked be OK when Zach has no-one to throw to early in the season because one or two of our receivers are dinged up and the others can't get open, or will you be trashing him for not making plays? Will you be OK if Zach's confidence dips because of this? It's not just a matter of being patient until Williams is better - this is a real scenario that could hurt Zach's development and confidence. It's essential we have a first round receiver that can help immediately IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Will those of you that want Jameson Williams as our first receiver picked be OK when Zach has no-one to throw to early in the season because one or two of our receivers are dinged up and the others can't get open, or will you be trashing him for not making plays? Will you be OK if Zach's confidence dips because of this? It's not just a matter of being patient until Williams is better - this is a real scenario that could hurt Zach's development and confidence. It's essential we have a first round receiver that can help immediately IMO.

So you're already assuming Davis, Moore and the TE's are hurt?  And that they won't be if the Jets draft Drake London?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Will those of you that want Jameson Williams as our first receiver picked be OK when Zach has no-one to throw to early in the season because one or two of our receivers are dinged up and the others can't get open, or will you be trashing him for not making plays? Will you be OK if Zach's confidence dips because of this? It's not just a matter of being patient until Williams is better - this is a real scenario that could hurt Zach's development and confidence. It's essential we have a first round receiver that can help immediately IMO.

There's no guarantee that any first round reciever will immediately help. It even took moore half the season to come into his own. Take the better long run player imo. It's a marathon. Not a sprint.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Will those of you that want Jameson Williams as our first receiver picked be OK when Zach has no-one to throw to early in the season because one or two of our receivers are dinged up and the others can't get open, or will you be trashing him for not making plays? Will you be OK if Zach's confidence dips because of this? It's not just a matter of being patient until Williams is better - this is a real scenario that could hurt Zach's development and confidence. It's essential we have a first round receiver that can help immediately IMO.

If one two of our WRs are already banged up to the start season, it's time to start looking at the training staff. 

You have Davis, Moore, Berrios, J. Smith, Mims, 3 TEs, Carter...you should be fine until Williams is ready. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, FidelioJet said:

Easily the best WR in this draft.  

And perhaps the riskiest too.

The Jets really cannot afford to take risks on injured or injury-prone players based on slight differences in possible upside.

No reaches, no risks.  Sure things or as close to sure things only.

I don't want to see Zach floundering in Dec. with no decent WR's because they're all hurt again, like last year.

I take the safe choice, I take Wilson.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you're already assuming Davis, Moore and the TE's are hurt?  And that they won't be if the Jets draft Drake London?

 

You have to assume at least one of our WRs is dinged up by the end of the first month - it seems to happen to most teams that don't have depth the most. You can use our last several years as evidence. If you draft a WR that can play right away you don't have to worry about going to your practice squad. I really like Jameson Williams too, but I only take him if they think 1. He is head and shoulders above the others 2. He will be healed and able to participate in some way, shape or form in training camp. Drake London or Garret Wilson, or Olave could easily become the best receiver in this draft - they are all comparable. You pick the guy that matches up best with Wilson. I think Drake London provides him with a big body that can shield defenders and catch with his hands. He also does get very good separation IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

There's no guarantee that any first round reciever will immediately help. It even took moore half the season to come into his own. Take the better long run player imo. It's a marathon. Not a sprint.

This right here. If you think his injury won’t be a factor long term then you take Jamo Williams as he is the best receiver in this draft.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If one two of our WRs are already banged up to the start season, it's time to start looking at the training staff. 

You have Davis, Moore, Berrios, J. Smith, Mims, 3 TEs, Carter...you should be fine until Williams is ready. 

Just look at the last few seasons - WRs are always in harms way and getting hurt. What if Moore or Davis goes down. Are you OK judging Zach on one of those two, Berrios and Mims or Smith? I'm not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This right here. If you think his injury won’t be a factor long term then you take Jamo Williams as he is the best receiver in this draft.

he's definitely one of them, not sure he's the best. You can't teach height and London can make the tough catches by bodying out linebackers and corners. He can also go up and get the ball in the redzone. The other guys don't have that same skill set. One guy isn't better than the others, it's just what type are you looking for. I would grab Williams over the other speed guys, but take London if I want a workhouse guy with elite hands. IMO he was the most dominant receiver in college last year - absolutely dominated the D when he played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

he's definitely one of them, not sure he's the best. You can't teach height and London can make the tough catches by bodying out linebackers and corners. He can also go up and get the ball in the redzone. The other guys don't have that same skill set. One guy isn't better than the other, it's just what type are you looking for. I would grab Williams over the other speed guys, but London if I want a workhouse guy with elite hands.

Why do you not have the same injury concerns for London as he is currently injured and can’t run a 40 yard dash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And perhaps the riskiest too.

The Jets really cannot afford to take risks on injured or injury-prone players based on slight differences in possible upside.

No reaches, no risks.  Sure things or as close to sure things only.

I don't want to see Zach floundering in Dec. with no decent WR's because they're all hurt again, like last year.

I take the safe choice, I take Wilson.  

I completely get this thought.  The logic is solid.

But I will say he's worth the risk  - you win Super Bowls with true impact players - that's the only way it gets done.  Wilson is not that type of prospects.  Williams is.

Seriously, I get what you're saying - I understand it - just don't agree with it. 

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wilson is not that type of prospects.  Williams is.

Agree to disagree.  We need both good AND available.  Williams is too risky. 

Wilson is the top prospect at WR in the draft for most folks for good reasons.  He's not some JAG prospect.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agree to disagree.  We need both good AND available.  Williams is too risky. 

Wilson is the top prospect at WR in the draft for most folks for good reasons.  He's not some JAG prospect.

 

There’s no compelling reason I’ve heard for Wilson #1 other than “since everybody’s  (Kiper, McShay, Brugler, etc.) saying it, it must be right”. 

His RAS score suggest a mediocre athlete and his tape is not that of a top-10 player.  Not even close.

Being “twitched up” and healthy isn’t enough for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There’s no compelling reason I’ve heard for Wilson #1 other than “since everybody’s  (Kiper, McShay, Brugler, etc.) saying it, it must be right”. 

His RAS score suggest a mediocre athlete and his tape is not that of a top-10 player.  Not even close.

Being “twitched up” and healthy isn’t enough for me.

He's a jack of all trades type who is a really good scheme fit for us, a great route runner, and a YAC monster. I don't think he's a spectacular prospect, but he has the chance to be a very good NFL WR, IMO. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agree to disagree.  We need both good AND available.  Williams is too risky. 

Wilson is the top prospect at WR in the draft for most folks for good reasons.  He's not some JAG prospect.

 

I think we already Wilson on the roster in Moore.  I would much rather London over Wilson too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think we already Wilson on the roster in Moore.  I would much rather London over Wilson too.

 

I was higher on London earlier in the process, but him not running bothers me and I don't think he fits in our offense as well as Wilson does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...