Jameson Williams

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know if there's any truth to this but if Williams will be ready to go this summer Jets would be insane not to take him 10, heck at this point I would take him at 4.  Easily the best WR in this draft.  

I'm with you brother.  One of the most explosive WRs I've ever seen.  A taller and faster DeVonta Smith.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’d take him at 4 if we have any fears he won’t be there at 10 and he might not be.

Yes, it seems like there are a handful of Edge's that will be solid at 10.  If Williams wasn't in this draft I would say wait until 10 for a WR - as there are a lot clumped together.  

Just take Williams.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'm with you brother.  One of the most explosive WRs I've ever seen.  A taller and faster DeVonta Smith.  

Just stop and think about this for a minute....as a maybe...

With him on the outside, Moore on the other side - Davis in the slot...

You draft Breece Hall at 35

You draft McBride at 38

The OL is already set - If those guys hit near their potential you have a championship caliber offense.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just stop and think about this for a minute....as a maybe...

With him on the outside, Moore on the other side - Davis in the slot...

You draft Breece Hall at 35

You draft McBride at 38

The OL is already set - If those guys hit near their potential you have a championship caliber offense.  

This is the most beautiful thing these eyes have ever seen.  Joe D will get it done.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, it seems like there are a handful of Edge's that will be solid at 10.  If Williams wasn't in this draft I would say wait until 10 for a WR - as there are a lot clumped together.  

Just take Williams.

The value fall off after 2nd Rd + amount of WR needy teams makes taking a WR with 4 or 10 almost unavoidable.

RD 1 should be Edge + Wr And I’m hoping J Williams is that Wr

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know if there's any truth to this but if Williams will be ready to go this summer Jets would be insane not to take him 10, heck at this point I would take him at 4.  Easily the best WR in this draft.  

I have read and heard some talk about this guy and how he is head and shoulders above everyone else but they think he might drop to the second round. I'm not sure honestly but he is supposed to be good. Real good. If we take him I'm all for it cause Joe believes health is not a concern

20 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have read and heard some talk about this guy and how he is head and shoulders above everyone else but they think he might drop to the second round. I'm not sure honestly but he is supposed to be good. Real good. If we take him I'm all for it cause Joe believes health is not a concern

I don’t think teams are nervous about an ACL.  I think he’ll be gone by mid first round at the latest.  

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes. We don’t have access to his doctors. And medical professionals in the injury.   From what I read the injury itself shouldn’t be a concern.  
Yes, I JD talks to his doctors and the concerns are minimal / then he shouldn’t hesitate. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think 4 is a bit high for a speed guy with a recent injury history but I would take that chance at 10.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Normally I would agree.  

But from everything I'm hearing there really isn't a consensus guy that's going to be there at 4. 

I don't care what anyone says I simply don't believe we're going OL at 4 and I am thoroughly convinced it's edge/wr at 4 and 10.

Which means if they're not going to take Thib, might as well take Williams and then the best edge at 10.  I just think the gap between the best edge is less than the gap between the Williams and the other wr's.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He’s benefitted by missing all the post-season nonsense so the Internet Draft Community doesn’t get sad about an underwhelming three cone or some sh*t, and they get to project relative superman status onto him with minimal risk. If he busts, it’ll be because “welp, he couldn’t overcome the knee.” 

Douglas can’t draft this guy because Douglas can’t miss on either of his firsts. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s benefitted by missing all the post-season nonsense so the Internet Draft Community doesn’t get sad about an underwhelming three cone or some sh*t, and they get to project relative superman status onto him with minimal risk. If he busts, it’ll be because “welp, he couldn’t overcome the knee.” 

Douglas can’t draft this guy because Douglas can’t miss on either of his firsts. 

Nah.

He was always the clear #1 WR coming out before the injury.   People just got panicked about the injury but now news is coming out that he'll be 100% this summer - so there's obvious renewed interest.

Joe's past suggests he goes for the home run early, rather than the safe pick...

Wilson, Becton - even trading up for AVT wasn't the safe move.  

If they don't end up trading for a WR, Williams will be the pick. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd like to take him but only if we also add another WR we can rely on to be available for the entire off-season.

It's a risk adding a recently injured player to our roster but I'm willing to take it for a high reward player.

Jameson at 4 or 10, and C. Walker at 35 if he lasts that long.

12 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

The value fall off after 2nd Rd + amount of WR needy teams makes taking a WR with 4 or 10 almost unavoidable.

RD 1 should be Edge + Wr And I’m hoping J Williams is that Wr

Can you imagine coming away with J Johnson II and Williams with both 4 and 10 in the 1st round ???  I will be cleaning myself up...

• Upvote 1