Travon Walker heavy betting favorite to be the 1st pick

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

no production... all projection

His 1st year as an end he had 6 sacks and 36 QB pressures   He wasn't asked to pin his ears back and rush the passer. All those Georgia lineman get assignments on what blockers to hold up, while the linebackers made the plays. He also played a limited number of snaps. They constantly rotate thier d-lineman. That's why J.J left for FSU look what happened to his numbers when he did.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know this years QB class is considered weak but they do need one.

I’d love it, but they probably wait until the end of the round to take one, and then let that guy sit behind Goff for the year. But you never know with QBs, teams fall in love all the time…

• Upvote 1

There’d need to be a weird scenario where Detroit is taking Willis at 2 and someone else tops Houston’s board (one of the corners probably, maybe one of the tackles).

I think it’s really unlikely. The Houston scenario is even harder to rationalize than the Detroit one. But possible.

26 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I cant imagine him getting past the Lions.  Having the Michigan boy stay in state, playing for a defense minded HC who probably adores what Hutch brings to the table, be very surprised if he fell any further.

100% if he falls to 2 dan campbell is biting the knee caps off every person in his vicinity in that draft room in order to draft this kid. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.ce1a17f993010d5e62d7abe1bf292a1c.png

Interesting, will Hutch fall in our laps?

If I were a betting man, I might throw some money at Thibodeaux dropping a little bit. Beat guys from the Jags, Lions, Giants, and Texans all have reports that their respective orgs won’t take him. And footballguy is saying the Jets will take Ekonwu or Gardner (with Thibodeaux conspicuously absent) at 4. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I were a betting man, I might throw some money at Thibodeaux dropping a little bit. Beat guys from the Jags, Lions, Giants, and Texans all have reports that their respective orgs won’t take him. And footballguy is saying the Jets will take Ekonwu or Gardner (with Thibodeaux conspicuously absent) at 4. 

And it could be the jets take whomever the Texans don’t.  

I highly doubt Walker goes #1 overall. My projection is still and HAS been for quite a while- Neal, Hutch, Thib. IN THAT ORDER. It's been that way for me for about 2-3 months. Call me crazy but those top 3 have not changed- IMHO. 

There is a good chance Ekwonu goes #3 to Houston. But I think in the end the Jets will have to decide between Ekwonu, Gardner or one of the top remaining Pass Rushers on the board (JJ, Walker). Highly doubt they are looking to draft Hamilton or any WR that high. 

If the chips fall this way, its my impression that the Jets have Ekwonu higher on their board than Gardner...and considerably higher than JJ or Walker. He will probably be the pick...and unless s**t hits the fan with Becton, Fant will most likely be trade bait and/or allowed to test FA after this year. Sure, might not be the best scenario, bur you gotta love the player the Jets will be getting in Ekwonu. And if the Becton/Ekwonu combination ends up being dominant and the Jets use the money they freed up from the Fant contract to sign a quality starter AND netted a draft pick, nobody will care that we took ANOTHER O-lineman in the first round by 2023.  

IF Ekwonu goes #3 to Houston. I think the pick at 4 is Thib. I think the Jets have him ranked below Ekwonu on their board but on par with or just ahead of Gardner and Neal (and ahead of Walker and JJ). And he will fill a major need, unlike Gardner or Neal- who will be stepping into positions where the team has solidified starters (barring injury of course). 

I think there are no AWFUL scenarios. Any way you slice it the Jets will get a great prospect. And there is always the possibility for a trade with a QB needy team trying to hop NYG, CAR, and ATL (who all need QBs). Hello Seattle! 

But if there was a bad scenario it would be if Ekwonu, Hutch and Thib go top 3. I think it would put the Jets in a position where they would pretty much have to take Gardner. Now, I think he is very high on their board, I think they LOVE him and I know he is a great fit. But far from a need. Still, can you imagine throwing against DJ Reed, Sauce, Hall, Echols and Carter III in that secondary. We would have one of the youngest, deepest, probably most talented secondaries in the league. And I think there is a good chance one of those CBs (Hall/Echols) could play FS on passing downs, with Carter III in the slot and DJ Reed/Sauce on the outside.   

Obviously there are some X factors- how do the Jets feel about Thib as a 'person', how about the other top prospects? Do they absolutely love one or more of the top prospects as far as off field attitude/personality? How much do the Jets like the FIT? For example- Sauce, Ekwonu and Walker seem to be particularly good fits for the Jets defense/offense. How confident are the Jets in Becton's comeback? How much does the fact that CB is not really a 'need' play into their thinking when considering drafting Gardner (I heard JD say something in an interview to the extent of 'what is a luxury today my be a need tom.'? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I highly doubt Walker goes #1 overall. My projection is still and HAS been for quite a while- Neal, Hutch, Thib. IN THAT ORDER. It's been that way for me for about 2-3 months. Call me crazy but those top 3 have not changed- IMHO. 

There is a good chance Ekwonu goes #3 to Houston. But I think in the end the Jets will have to decide between Ekwonu, Gardner or one of the top remaining Pass Rushers on the board (JJ, Walker). Highly doubt they are looking to draft Hamilton or any WR that high. 

If the chips fall this way, its my impression that the Jets have Ekwonu higher on their board than Gardner...and considerably higher than JJ or Walker. He will probably be the pick...and unless s**t hits the fan with Becton, Fant will most likely be trade bait and/or allowed to test FA after this year. Sure, might not be the best scenario, bur you gotta love the player the Jets will be getting in Ekwonu. And if the Becton/Ekwonu combination ends up being dominant and the Jets use the money they freed up from the Fant contract to sign a quality starter AND netted a draft pick, nobody will care that we took ANOTHER O-lineman in the first round by 2023.  

IF Ekwonu goes #3 to Houston. I think the pick at 4 is Thib. I think the Jets have him ranked below Ekwonu on their board but on par with or just ahead of Gardner and Neal (and ahead of Walker and JJ). And he will fill a major need, unlike Gardner or Neal- who will be stepping into positions where the team has solidified starters (barring injury of course). 

Obviously there are some X factors- how do the Jets feel about Thib as a 'person', how about the other top prospects? Do they absolutely love one or more of the top prospects as far as off field attitude/personality? How much do the Jets like the FIT? For example- Sauce, Ekwonu and Walker seem to be particularly good fits for the Jets defense/offense. How confident are the Jets in Becton's comeback? How much does the fact that CB is not really a 'need' play into their thinking when considering drafting Gardner (I heard JD say something in an interview to the extent of 'what is a luxury today my be a need tom.'? 

looks like you can make bank betting on Neal if it happens.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hopefully the Ekwonu at 4 stuff is coming from the Tevin Jenkins source.

I think Willis at 2 is a good bet, it’s like +1000 and in play regardless of who goes #1. Detroit isn’t a bad situation for Willis, he could sit for a year and they’ve got an offensive minded staff. Seems like everyone loves him as a person and Detroit might love him extra after getting to coach him at the Senior Bowl.

We’ll see if he adjusts it but Josh Norris at Underdog Football (he used to be at Rotoworld) has Willis #2. His mock shows with Winks are worth listening to, very well thought out. He had the best first round mock last year in some competition - maybe best ever in that particular one?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know this years QB class is considered weak but they do need one.

True I guess Malik is the one exception if they really think he can develop into a top qb. Not gonna hold my breath on them pulling the trigger though

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Of all possibilities, this one just might give us the best trade down possibility for 4.  

25 minutes ago, genot said:

Who would a team be trading up for???

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

QB

NYG, CAR, ATL and SEA all need QBs. 

I don't think any QB will go top 3, despite DET needing one. So I'm not worried about any scenario changing the odds of a team moving up for a QB. In other words- if a team will trade up, it will be to #4 at the highest (above the first team, the NYG, who would even CONSIDER taking a QB). 

So the Jets are already in a good spot for a trade down. Especially with Seattle, who picks 9th, not too far out where they would have to give up insane capital, who HAS lots of draft picks to use as ammo, and who sits right behind the QB needy teams (NYG, CAR, ATL) allowing SEA to hop them for their QB. 

Trading down from 4 to 9 would be a fantastic move by JD. By the points chart Seattle could do it by simply giving up their second rounder #40. That would be a HUGE get in this type of draft. We're talking 3 draft picks in the top 10 of the second round, where you can get fantastic value.  

At #9 JD can probably take the best WR on the board or simply sit and see who falls to him (could be Sauce, could be Cross, could be JJ, could be Walker if they really like him). And then you pick at 10, so you can really be flexible, knowing 100% you will not miss out on your next target. 

The question is: do one of these teams love a QB enough to move up for him? I'm not sure.   

*Side note: The fact that NYG, CAR, ATL and SEA all need QBs also puts the Jets in a good position at pick #10. You're talking about selecting a player at 4, then the next 4 teams need QBs. Now, obviously they won't ALL select QBs. But the way its positioned is a GOOD THING. Maybe 2 of them DO select QBs. That would be huge for a player to slide to the Jets. Top WR or someone like Sauce or JJ. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

You think the Jags used the franchise tag on their LT and they're going to go ahead and draft, a LT w/ the first overall pick?  That seems like, highly highly highly unlikely.  I mean, you think Doug Pederson's first order of business as the Jags HC is to franchise a player and then not play him in 2022?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You think the Jags used the franchise tag on their LT and they're going to go ahead and draft, a LT w/ the first overall pick?  That seems like, highly highly highly unlikely.  I mean, you think Doug Pederson's first order of business as the Jags HC is to franchise a player and then not play him at in 2022?

JN has a weird belief that teams stack offensive tackles 3 deep of 1st round picks or something. Not taking a shot at PepPep - just a general observation.

• Upvote 1

that puts thibs at CAR 6 and at that point there might be bidders from the “2-pick” teams.