This team has been completely transformed in 2 off-seasons.

hawk

10 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

The 2020 draft is a nightmare. But it is slowly and surely fading away. JD Going 2 for 3 in his first 3 drafts, and absolutely destroying the first round this year, is good stuff.

Was 2020 really a disaster ,or do we not really know what we have yet due to injury and illness. Their top 3 are talented but can't get ,or stay on the field. Bryce Hall and Brandon Mann have done fine so far. Cameron Clark had bad luck and was smart enough to get out while he was healthy. Captain Morgan,well, somebody saw something. Let's see what happens with these guys when healthy before we start killing this draft class

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I wouldnt trade Douglas/Saleh for any coach/gm tandem in the league.  They are the next big thing in the nfl and as jet fans, it will be the ride of our lives.

Can we make out when they hoist the Lombardi? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vader said:

His legacy is going to have a lot to do with Becton

But much more to do with Zach.

All these exciting pieces (Sauce, Becton, AVT, Garrett Wilson, Moore, etc.) are really just moons orbiting the planet that is Zach Wilson.  If we get growth here in Year 2 then look out!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Vader said:

His legacy is going to have a lot to do with Becton

Disagree. If this year's draft is better than 2021, we will look at 2020 as an aberration. The bigger disaster would have been 2020 and 2021 being good drafts with the 2022 draft being the disaster than 2020 was. Even if Becton becomes the player we thought he would be, 2020 would still be JD's low point as a GM.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Pac @Larz @bitonti 

And yes, Macc would have 100 % given Jamal Adams $100M over 5 years.

Joe D would have also made him highest paid safety ever.

Look im happy with direction of the team but we are 6-27 the last 2 years.  Maybe this pom pom waving should cease until we eclipse 4 wins under his watch?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

I felt JD put together a professional staff with Hogan, Savage, and the rest--- which I think is probably the best FO we've had in my short lifetime. I know we haven't gotten the wins but I really hope we show up this year because it would be pretty sh*tty to fail with these guys. I haven't given up hope and feel JD passes a lot of tests (fire Gase? check, trade Darnold? check, hire Saleh? check, and on and on). He hasn't done everything great but it is his first job and he had to deal with Covid among other things. 

With all that said, as much hope as I have in the CS, they need to show they can develop guys. This will help us deal with injury cause we'll have the depth to deal with that. 

Only time will tell. 

Lets go JETS!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Joe D would have also made him highest paid safety ever.

Look im happy with direction of the team but we are 6-27 the last 2 years.  Maybe this pom pom waving should cease until we eclipse 4 wins under his watch?

No he would not have.  GMs lie to the public all the time.  Jamal, Sam, etc were all JDs favorite guys until they were gone. He systematically removed all the Macc failures.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he would not have.  GMs lie to the public all the time.  Jamal, Sam, etc were all JDs favorite guys until they were gone. He systematically removed all the Macc failures.

He 100 percent would have.  It took Seattle offering the world for him to trade him.

You and the goon squad will never convince me otherwise despite your incessant whining and absurd critiques.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

He 100 percent would have.  It took Seattle offering the world for him to trade him.

You and the goon squad will never convince me otherwise despite your incessant whining and absurd critiques.

Of course we won’t convince you.  Because you still defend the worst GM in NFL history.  Your takes are therefore horrid.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Pac said:

But the fact is he didn’t. JD played Seattle got a haul and now invested those picks into the players we took yesterday. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Connor Hughes has categorically said Douglas wanted to extend Adams.

Whether he'd given him the contract or not idk. 

In the last 15 months, Joe Douglas has added:

Zach Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Garrett Wilson, Michael Carter, Breece Hall, Sauce Gardner, AVT, Jermaine Johnson, Laken Tomlinson, Jordan Whitehead, DJ Reed, George Fant, Carl Lawson, Conky, CJ Uzomah, Robert Saleh, Mike Lafleur, Jeff Ulbrich

Build the statue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/29/2022 at 11:31 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

This was when they were able to trade up for JJ after trying for a while to get back into the first as he was sliding.

Ahhhh - that would make better sense! Still glad they got all 3 1 rounders!

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:55 PM, Irish Jet said:

I mean ... "I'd love to extend this player if we can do it at a value I think is reasonable" isn't exactly a world-shattering revelation

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Icer said:

I'd give Joe D a mulligan for 2020, it was the COVID year and he was drafting for a different scheme. Becton may still be salvageable.

If becton and mims break out I think it’s a pretty decent draft. I can see mims having a great year. 

• Upvote 1

Well it looks like Connor Hughes isn’t as plugged into the Hets as he would make it seem. 
To me JD plays all the beat writers. He may just drop hints at what he wants to get out and writers will take it run with it print and take it as Gospel truth. 
  JD knows what the hell he’s doing   Now if he can that idiot owner to shut the hell up and stop him from dropping hints on who the Jets  are going to draft start casting the mold of him for the statue now 

Still can’t get over how stupid Woody was saying that on Tik Tok what a fuching moron and I generally support him 

Joe wanted to extend Adams, keep Sam, trade for Deebo, AJ Brown, Amari Cooper, DK Metcalf, Tyreke Hill etc etc etc.

Doesnt it seem strange that a team where cap space isnt an issue has not signed one of these players.

Maybe, just maybe, Joe D realizes part of being a GM is to have stuff leaked out that he never intends to do.

Just a thought.