Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

What if Becton, Mims and Zuniga all ball out this year w/ Hall already balling out, that suddenly would look like a great draft possibly putting Joe D in for contention of greatest GM of all time.

Zuniga is the one that could change the perception of that class by himself.

Becton and Mims both have talent.

Zuniga is the wildcard. Anything out of him and wow. Even 3 sacks in a backup role.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Zuniga is the one that could change the perception of that class by himself.

Becton and Mims both have talent.

Zuniga is the wildcard. Anything out of him and wow. Even 3 sacks in a backup role.

All we really need to get something out of that class is Becton being a high level starter, which isnt a lot to ask from the 11th overall pick and that w/ Hall would be considered a win.  If Mims can turn into a solid rotation guy who can produce when he's in the game, then it's successful class.  But yeah, if Zuniga figures it out, can stay healthy and put something on the field, it's suddenly another great haul by JD.

I know people will probably scream homer but the truth is, Zuniga profiles out as the most freaky pass rusher they've drafted in years, even more so than JJ.  His problem is  staying healthy but the kid can play if he can make his way on the field, though I think those last few spots for DE/edge rusher are going to be competitive.  Lots of similar guys; Martin, Huff, Zuniga, Curry, Ward, Thomas, Rashed, Anae.  They're all kind of similar, in terms of like overall probable impact but slightly different offerings on how they might get to the QB.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

It was a basic 50-50 throw that a better receiver would have come down with ... in practice. But it will be scrutinized here like the Zapruder Film.

Lol, true BUT:

Imo, 50/50 balls need to be caught or knocked down if you can't come up with it.  

That's the mindset I need my receivers having if I'm going to trust them with that type of pass.  

I bet Zach never throws one up to Smith ever again. 

16 hours ago, JiFapono said:

What if Becton, Mims and Zuniga all ball out this year w/ Hall already balling out, that suddenly would look like a great draft possibly putting Joe D in for contention of greatest GM of all time.

It's happening and it's going to be amazing.

JD is the one we were promised!

We deserve this for being so damn loyal. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Lol, true BUT:

Imo, 50/50 balls need to be caught or knocked down if you can't come up with it.  

That's the mindset I need my receivers having if I'm going to trust them with that type of pass.  

I bet Zach never throws one up to Smith ever again. 

Zach targeted smith with the last throw of the day as well. It slipped right through his fingers I believe.

One has to think they're giving smith and mims looks so they can make a decision as to which one of the 2 to keep.

Mims if definitely the better recieved but sucks at special teams. I'm not sure how effective smith is as a special teamer.

23 hours ago, kdels62 said:

If the Jets were focusing on low success percentage situation I can understand this.

Anybody notice how the beat writers judge practice solely based on the performance of the offense?  If the offense looks good, it was a good practice.  If the offense struggles, it was a bad practice.  To them, the defense doesn't matter.  The defense never has a good or bad practice.  I guess it doesn't make for good press or twitter hits if they talk about how good the defense looks. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I really wish you would start endorsing the VIP membership we set you up with.

It's totally worth the $7.50 per month lol.

You EXPRESSLY told me not to associate myself with JetNation or any JetNation properties when I’m out talking to people! 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Anybody notice how the beat writers judge practice solely based on the performance of the offense?  If the offense looks good, it was a good practice.  If the offense struggles, it was a bad practice.  To them, the defense doesn't matter.  The defense never has a good or bad practice.  I guess it doesn't make for good press or twitter hits if they talk about how good the defense looks. 

It was the 32nd ranked defense in football last year. The season hinges on Zach Wilson and the OL competing against defenses that are a lot better than ours.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

All we really need to get something out of that class is Becton being a high level starter, which isnt a lot to ask from the 11th overall pick and that w/ Hall would be considered a win.  If Mims can turn into a solid rotation guy who can produce when he's in the game, then it's successful class.  But yeah, if Zuniga figures it out, can stay healthy and put something on the field, it's suddenly another great haul by JD.

I know people will probably scream homer but the truth is, Zuniga profiles out as the most freaky pass rusher they've drafted in years, even more so than JJ.  His problem is  staying healthy but the kid can play if he can make his way on the field, though I think those last few spots for DE/edge rusher are going to be competitive.  Lots of similar guys; Martin, Huff, Zuniga, Curry, Ward, Thomas, Rashed, Anae.  They're all kind of similar, in terms of like overall probable impact but slightly different offerings on how they might get to the QB.

Totally agree. Last year, he chased Burrow halfway across the field, and absolutely hammered him for a sack. The next week, at Indy, my friends and I were there for our road trip. I pretty much isolated on him every time he was on the field. Many plays he beat the OT and put pressure on Wentz, forcing him to step up. Never got home but played well. After that, really didn't play much at all. I know it sounds crazy, but I just don't see them giving up on him. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It was the 32nd ranked defense in football last year. The season hinges on Zach Wilson and the OL competing against defenses that are a lot better than ours.

It was the 28th ranked offense in football last year.  The season also hinges on the defense getting off the field, keeping games competitive, and creating opportunities for the offense.  Both sides of the ball matter.  Plus, how many players who made up that 32nd ranked defense late in the 2021 season are on the field now in camp?  Not many.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I know people will probably scream homer but the truth is, Zuniga profiles out as the most freaky pass rusher they've drafted in years, even more so than JJ. 

Yup.  It was a good pick at the moment Douglas made it and remains a worthwhile shot.  This is a franchise that hasn't had a high level pass rusher in 17 years.  A freaky athletic EDGE guy in Rd 3 is always worth taking a chance on.

The Perine pick sucked though.  Dude's CEILING was Bilal Powell.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You EXPRESSLY told me not to associate myself with JetNation or any JetNation properties when I’m out talking to people! 

Technically I didn't tell you that. But you are correct, those were the exact words used in the letter the lawyer sent you lol.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Technically I didn't tell you that. But you are correct, those were the exact words used in the letter the lawyer sent you lol.

“The views expressed by T0mShane definitely do not reflect those of JetNation dot com.”

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I thought it was weird that your “lawyer” was carrying a baseball bat with ten-penny nails sticking out of the barrel, but I figured that was an affectation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I thought it was weird that your “lawyer” was carrying a baseball bat with ten-penny nails sticking out of the barrel, but I figured that was an affectation.

Just because Negan took the bar online doesn't mean he's not a real lawyer.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Edoga often appears lethargic and almost disinterested to me.  He has always seemed to lack the killer instinct and the desire to just bury guys.

Hopefully, the opportunity to potentially start lights a fire under him.

Also playing next to AVT may help....think they played one year together at SC.

• Upvote 2