<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Regardless of the opposition, that was a really nice catch for the TD.  Coverage was there, ball was thrown where he could get it.  Kept the knee in bounds.  IT was a good catch and he is playing a nice game. 

It is okay to give the kid credit for a nice play and a good game.

Yeah, you're right.  I just wish he'd show us something when it mattered.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It's nice that Mims is getting love right now but this is a one off game vs scrubs.  Time to sell high and get a pick for him. 

We have Davis, Wilson, Berrios, Moore all solidly as starter material.  We have a host of nice promising unheralded guys from this camp.

Get something for him if you can while you can.  If he stays he will not play much and will become a problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Regardless of the opposition, that was a really nice catch for the TD.  Coverage was there, ball was thrown where he could get it.  Kept the knee in bounds.  IT was a good catch and he is playing a nice game. 

It is okay to give the kid credit for a nice play and a good game.

It was a really good catch....

And the kids had a pretty decent rookie year... was multi sick last year and just like Jets fans do... labeled him a bust despite Saleh bragging him up this year. And he hasn't had a lot of 1s opportunity this year. 

Kid deserves a lot of credit! 

And go bam!

• Sympathy 1

I think we need to keep all 4 QBs on the active roster.  Based on these pre-season games, we seem to get a spark every time we change QBs. 

Zach starts.  Flacco gets Q2.  Then White and Streveler seal the deal for us in Q3 and Q4, respectively.  10+ wins and playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's nice that Mims is getting love right now but this is a one off game vs scrubs.  Time to sell high and get a pick for him. 

We have Davis, Wilson, Berrios, Moore all solidly as starter material.  We have a host of nice promising unheralded guys from this camp.

Get something for him if you can while you can.  If he stays he will not play much and will become a problem.

I wish there was a "sadly this is probably true and I accept it but, bummer" emoji and not be that confused or crying one to respond to posts like this.  Tho if Davis goes down and Mims stepped up it would be a great 1 for 1, but we are the Jets...

• Upvote 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

no they probably wont - but thats the problem

Why?

while White’s a good story, Streveler is a more physically gifted player.  everyone knows White’s limitations at this point as a QB…not to mention I would wager that Streveler COULD play STs. Many teams are looking for a Taysom Hill kinda guy…not sure Streveler is all that, but he fills more checkboxes than White IMO

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

How people can do this without sh*tting their brains out every 45 minutes is beyond me.

I'd wager this photo was actually staged. He likely has an assistant, a garbage can right next to his desk, and a janitor that come through at night. I doubt he'd just leave all those cups there and that his assistant would clean them up. Mac seemed to be concerned about his image like he'd mention how many of his drafted players were on the team and it was like, but your team is bad..