<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I think they have to at least try and PS him

They can try.  They won’t succeed.  Especially since he just did what did to a team that will, likely, need a new QB and just saw him perform well in joint practices all week.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Can't happen.  Just not in the SOJ mindset of folks like me who have been watching this team implode for DECADES.

Don’t know what’s there to be so upset about right now. This looks like one of the most talented teams we’ve had in years 

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You're right but there is evidence he's the worst QB in the NFL 

Again: a forum that has just spent the last two weeks telling us that a QB who hasn’t won a game in 3 years, is 37 years old, and has looked absolutely washed in all action, is a “real NFL QB”, can win 9-10 games this year, take the Jets to a wildcard berth, is now continuing to double down that Wilson is the 4th QB on this roster, has, virtually, no chance to improve, and shouldn’t play this year.  Oh and now he’s a douche for sitting in a booth with his teammates to get a top down view in order to read plays as they unfold.

I just wanna make sure we’re clear as we get ready to head into the regular season.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Technically if you go by what this coaching staff preaches, this SHOULD mean that he has earned the starting job. 

it sh be pretty embarrassing to coaches that a kid off the street is out playing 3 QBs that you have been trying to teach for over a year

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's just amazing to see the offensive system work. One thing that is never mentioned is how lefleur off is working and making the most of th talent on the field. Even flacco looks service able at times 

Flacco looked like absolute dog water today; did we watch the same game?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You could post his prospect profile ?? You really going to go there ? While your at it why don't you look up Joe Flacco's Prospect profile ? 

he's not slow and unathletic but if you think he is well then so is Tom Brady but Hey while your looking up profiles instead of actually paying attention to what the player is actually doing why don't you look up Tom's profile as well. Don't tryto twist this into me comparing the 2 QB's just making a point. And I'm 100 % sure in your world as a 6th round draft choice and totally un athletic Brady would have never seen the field if you were making the decisions .

Yeah I saw those 2 20 yards darts he threw today but they must be floaters as well or at some point in the coming weeks you will call them out as floaters. 142 yards in a quarter when has Wilson done that in a half ? Hell most of his games have been in the 150 range.

He absolutely does not have a slow release Dude your just making sh*t up hoping it will stick to the wall just stop. 

With all this being said All Im saying is White should get the game 1 start then Zach comes in when healthy. If at that stage Zach cant move this team we have a major problem 

This is kinda silly.

Arguing about Mike White being a good QB is pointless.  We'll just go back and forth.

With that said,  if you want to tell me White should play over Flacco - sure, I would have no problem with that decision.  I think this fan base has over hyped what Flacco is too - why not White?  

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

it sh be pretty embarrassing to coaches that a kid off the street is out playing 3 QBs that you have been trying to teach for over a year

I don't know.  The Strevelar thing is fun and all but jeeze Davis Webb looked like an all-pro too.

These QB's against 3rd string, vanilla defenses, no game planning etc. - they should be picking them apart.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets had to win a football game in two weeks to save the Earth from total destruction, and you could only start one of the four guys currently on the roster, there is no chance Zach doesn’t finish fourth in that poll

Even though I'm a noted Flaccette, I'm totally betting my life on Chris Streveler there.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know.  The Strevelar thing is fun and all but jeeze Davis Webb looked like an all-pro too.

These QB's against 3rd string, vanilla defenses, no game planning etc. - they should be picking them apart.

That is silly - Stifler played against the same competition White did in all 3 games

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They can try.  They won’t succeed.  Especially since he just did what did to a team that will, likely, need a new QB and just saw him perform well in joint practices all week.

Also note that he's done this without taking any reps in camp before game 1 of preseason.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again: a forum that has just spent the last two weeks telling us that a QB who hasn’t won a game in 3 years, is 37 years old, and has looked absolutely washed in all action, is a “real NFL QB”, can win 9-10 games this year, take the Jets to a wildcard berth, is now continuing to double down that Wilson is the 4th QB on this roster, has, virtually, no chance to improve, and shouldn’t play this year.  Oh and now he’s a douche for sitting in a booth with his teammates to get a top down view in order to read plays as they unfold.

I just wanna make sure we’re clear as we get ready to head into the season.

Zach Wilson gives this team the best chance to win.   And the NY Jets believe that too.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

People give this a thumbs down ? This is 100 % correct until Zach Proves otherwise. Im not sure how anyone in their right mind who knows anything about football can argue with facts. We all know the potential ....this is about PROOF not potential and at this stage Zach is currently the worst QB in the NFL..... Prove me wrong .

So according to you , Wilson is the worst QB on the roster, and even though there is increasing pressure for Saleh and Douglas to start winning games, they will stubbornly continue to play the worst QB and ensure that they both lose their jobs.  

Saleh LaFleur and Douglas see Wilson practice every day, and their assessments are based on those observations.  And fwiw, your assessment of Wilson is based on how many preseason snaps that you personally saw Wilson play?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

You see what you want to see.

Absolutely no evidence of this, but please, carry on.

Agreed. Some are just inherently turned off by a person's presence. Doesn't mean it reflects reality one iota.

Last year leading up to the draft & after it, I saw Zach interviewed a decent amount on BYU TV away from the bright lights. He came across surprisingly down to earth for someone of his stature. He didn't take himself too seriously, treated the broadcasters respectfully, a lot of joking and laughing between them. Just seemed like a normal fun college kid. Not the big man on campus. From all accounts that's how his teammates and coaches feel about him.

• Post of the Week 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach Wilson gives this team the best chance to win.   And the NY Jets believe that too.

I believe so too.  We’ll see if that’s the truth by years end but, regardless, these “Vinny T 2.0” and “Kurt Warner 2.0” storylines need to die. 

• Upvote 1