<<<<<<< Jets vs Giants -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

How would you handle Mims?

A - Load up on targets to see if he can make some plays and generate some interest.

Or

B - Bench him to keep him out of harm's way and on the trade block?

Edited by AFJF

57 minutes ago, AFJF said:

A - Load up on targets to see if he can make some plays and generate some interest.

Or

A definitely. Would target him on the first play. Go to him5-6 times in the first 2 Q’s. Let him play with the 1’s, especially with Flacco slinging it.

• Sympathy 1

Or

A ... oh yeah .. then A ... is the most and only important thing gained by this competition. Maybe the OL gel thing a far second.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Not game related but last night in Charlotte there was a tailgate wine/food event thought I'd share a photo of me and the lady repping Klecko and Ruckert!!! That's Ruckerts OSU jersey.  Jets amongst the Panther fans.  

IMG_8431.jpg

Very nice picture.

you look good for a seasoned jets fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Or

I think you have to play him.

He just doesn’t have much value so sitting him does nothing- unless jd has already  caught someone with his fishing line.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The final preseason game day is here. Flacco mania is running wild!  Jets vs the Giants after several joint scrimmages.

We will be there and whether you are going or watching at home please root for the boys in Green to stay healthy.  Let's get to week one without any more injuries.

Let's go Jets!!!

I think the people who buy into this mania are going to be in for a rude awakening when the season starts.  Flacco is a 37 year old QB who was cut by the Ravens 4 years ago and Broncos the year after that.  Last year, the Jets traded a 6th rounder to the Eagles to acquire him.

I've said it before but I'll say it again.  I think Robert Saleh is the only HC in the NFL who thinks this highly ("Should be a starter!", "Has a lot left!") of Flacco.  At this point in his career, Flacco is a has-been, journeyman QB.  Yes, he can still lose a game with dignity.  Last year's highlight was losing to a team (24-17 to the Dolphins), who we've since learned were owned by a man who tried to bribe his HC to lose games.  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the people who buy into this mania are going to be in for a rude awakening when the season starts.  Flacco is a 37 year old QB who was cut by the Ravens 4 years ago and Broncos the year after that.  Last year, the Jets traded a 6th rounder to the Eagles to acquire him.

I've said it before but I'll say it again.  I think Robert Saleh is the only HC in the NFL who thinks this highly ("Should be a starter!", "Has a lot left!") of Flacco.  At this point in his career, Flacco is a has-been journeyman QB.  Yes, he can still lose a game with dignity.  Last year's highlight was losing to a team (24-17 to the Dolphins), who we've since learned were owned by a man who tried to bribe his HC to lose games.  

Based on my own assumption that Flacco plays the first 2 weeks - hoping for a split. That is not going to be easy to do.

hopefully healthy zach by week 3 and we see what we have the rest of the year.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Or

Bench him. It won't after how well he plays in a preseason game. Let's  get a look at players who want to be on this team. 

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again.  I think Robert Saleh is the only HC in the NFL who thinks this highly ("Should be a starter!", "Has a lot left!") of Flacco.  At this point in his career, Flacco is a has-been, journeyman QB.  Yes, he can still lose a game with dignity.  Last year's highlight was losing to a team (24-17 to the Dolphins), who we've since learned were owned by a man who tried to bribe his HC to lose games.  

but wasnt the bribes the year before to get Tua? so they were trying to win last year.

and we should be so lucky this year to have a QB do what Flacco did in the Miami game all year. i think you are going to be in for a rude awakening my friend

1 minute ago, doitny said:

but wasnt the bribes the year before to get Tua? so they were trying to win last year.

and we should be so lucky this year to have a QB do what Flacco did in the Miami game all year. i think you are going to be in for a rude awakening my friend

I'll be happy if proven wrong on Flacco.  But I still think he's just a journeyman QB at this point in his career and I'm not impressed at him having a great training camp.  I think when the games start, we're going to get slapped back to reality.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Or

i would pick C. play him as normal. dont give him more or less then you would normally do.

load him up on targets takes away from guys we still need to see. bench him and that might lessen his trade value. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, doitny said:

The defense needs to show up. I was talking to another very negative Jet fan and even he said on paper, this D is stacked. The personnel is there. No more excuses about these players getting the fundamentals down

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'll be happy if proven wrong on Flacco.  But I still think he's just a journeyman QB at this point in his career and I'm not impressed at him having a great training camp.  I think when the games start, we're going to get slapped back to reality.

Here is the thing. IMO, a starting QB should never have a bad day in camp or practice. He knows he is not getting hit so he should be totally relaxed and just do what he needs to do to make the play go well. No clock in your head needed. Flacco does that. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Here is the thing. IMO, a starting QB should never have a bad day in camp or practice. He knows he is not getting hit so he should be totally relaxed and just do what he needs to do to make the play go well. No clock in your head needed. Flacco does that. 

I think Flacco is an outstanding preseason QB.  In the regular season, though, I think he's going to revert back to being a 37 year old journeyman QB who is on his 4th team. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The defense needs to show up. I was talking to another very negative Jet fan and even he said on paper, this D is stacked. The personnel is there. No more excuses about these players getting the fundamentals down

Another one? I thought they broke the mold after you.?

This should be a preview of what I Hope is a strong effort to establish the run game and allow all 5 starting OLine to mesh and become a cohesive unit. The talent at RB is there: Hall and Carter make you gag to think not that long ago we had a backfield consisting of a broken down Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Brandon Wilds, Khiry Robinson, and a cameo by a completely shot CJ spiller.  

Espn pregame radio with Wichusen and knuckle-head (affectionately speaking) Greg Buttle :

Cimini talking up Flacco and his impressive TC. Says Wilson really needs to sit and learn, what he has shown has not been encouraging. 

Jets need to take pressure off a young and Old immobile QB with a running game 

Brown is old and not in shape

Fant is not 100% 

so it’s concerning. 

they will not cut Mims. Trade is a possibility and definite takers.