Ok, I believe.

We didn't get to the 1 yard line where a running game can take over on accident. Zack played a conservative yet efficient game. Good game call by LeFleur. Zack made zero mistakes, zero turnovers. A single turnover early could have easily changed the outcome of the game (just ask the Fish how that Sauce TO changed the momentum, and the game).

I'm not a huge stats guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if our offense is #1 in the league in 4th qtr scoring. 2 huge 4th qtr comebacks plus today's schlaking of the Squids.

Love it so much!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

We didn't get to the 1 yard line where a running game can take over on accident. Zack played a conservative yet efficient game. Good game call by LeFleur. Zack made zero mistakes, zero turnovers. A single turnover early could have easily changed the outcome of the game (just ask the Fish how that Sauce TO changed the momentum, and the game).

I'm not a huge stats guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if our offense is #1 in the league in 4th qtr scoring. 2 huge 4th qtr comebacks plus today's schlaking of the Squids.

Love it so much!

These are winning numbers. Beautiful. 

• Sympathy 2

32 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I didnt complain about rushing TDs. I didnt even complain about Zach. 

But coming to the conclusion that he is the franchise after today particularly was just silly. 

Analytical thought. 

Try it. 

Today helped his case period.  

And maybe the things you said in your reply are accurate....

But your original implied he didn't help his case... he did. It may not persist... but today he was good. 

• Upvote 1

The point is he'll need to do that when they play a game against a good team not playing a rookie qb because of injury.
He plays that game against the bills and we lose by 30.

False, each NFL game is unique in its own way. The Jets D can turn them over, field position, special teams.

Plus the Fins beat the Bills and we beat the Fins so there’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

IMO today was an example of just how good Breece Hall (with Carter as his #2) can be.

Zach was ok, no complaints (other than his ongoing inaccuracy on short flats routes, two of which his receivers made great spinning catches on so they weren't drops, happily), he was more of a game manager today than a FQB, but a win is a win is a win, and Zach didn't turn it over, and didn't do anything too bad that could have cost us the game.  

But if we're patting people on the back, today belongs to Breece Hall.  Game MVP without any second thought.

A how about the LT who just came off IR and played every snap... he played dam good and they made a lot of yards running left and passing left .... just saying,  Also, AVT played well as did the OL... 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson had three catches for 27 yards. Elijah Moore had one catch on four target for 11 yards. The Dolphins CB1 didn’t play a snap in this game. Someone should ask those dudes how great it is to play with such a FQB.

This is truly lame. Breece Hall had 100 yards and Davis 38. Good QB's do what works. 

6 minutes ago, PorP said:

Today helped his case period.  

And maybe the things you said in your reply are accurate....

But your original implied he didn't help his case... he did. It may not persist... but today he was good. 

Nothing I said implied he didnt. 

I simply said it was silly to draw that conclusion from a performance where every TD we had was a rushing TD. 

He performed well, but ultimately, well won't get it done. We need Zach to be great. 

• Thumb Down 1

Zach did not wow me, but he made the plays he had to. I only saw 1 or 2 passes that were underthrown. He didn't backpedal too early. He might have been more of a game manager this game, but he has failed to do that in the past. What I see from Zach is growth, and so while he isn't at FQB level yet, I see him growing up to it. 

We all asked for consistent play from Zach, and I think we got it. Now he has to make his consistent play even better.

This game did not convince me that Zach is the FQB, but it convinced me that he will be able to live up to it if he continues to grow at the rate he has been.

I also saw Carter (at least twice) step up and take on a blitzer twice his size...brought him to a standstill giving Zack an extra 1-2 seconds to fire. Carter's ability to take on a blitzer is probably why he's on the field so much. Carter stays in to protect, Hall goes out for a pass. Or Zack dumps off to Carter if everyone is covered. I like how LeFleur is using 2 backs.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

This team finally has some pieces that other teams would like to have. The stage is set to see what we got at QB. I hope he seizes this moment.

prayer GIF

This is the biggest takeaway IMO....

I know emotions run high after that type of win and people want to make all types of matter of fact declarations....but the only thing that’s clear to me is that Zach has what he needs to be successful in talent around him. The rest is up to him for this season 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing I said implied he didnt. 

I simply said it was silly to draw that conclusion from a performance where every TD we had was a rushing TD. 

He performed well, but ultimately, well won't get it done. We need Zach to be great. 

You sugar coat the turd you laid anyway you want...

But

Backpeddling now is unacceptable. 

Please peddle your wares elsewhere

• Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

This small cult of Zach super fans is bizarre.  You can't say he played mediocre, which he certainly did, without them taking that as an affront.

It’s not at all bizarre in that it’s exactly the same as with Pennington, with Sanchez, and with Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

Weird thread.  Zach was decidedly mediocre which is an upgrade from much of last year.

He didn't play poorly but it wasn't that great either.

Its progress but I'm still waiting to see him play a great game ie 300+ yards 4 TDs no ints..

Zach had two breece hall throws that got stopped at the 1. Could of easily had two TD passes today. Two passing TDs with the other stats would have made his day look a lot nicer.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

It’s not at all bizarre in that it’s exactly the same as with Pennington, with Sanchez, and with Darnold.

All points are valid, but the raw talent in Zach’s arm is head and shoulders above any of those guys you mentioned. He is very enticing from a pure arm talent stand point. Too watch him play 2 good games in a row with his god given talent is very encouraging. 

I will admit the bar has been seriously lowered of acceptable play to cause excitement being a jet fan 

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not really.  At least in their case their position is backed by evidence.

Besides that cult has like 2 members and one if them is @T0mShane.  Who cares.

I mean maybe 

at the end of the day, he had 10 yards per attempt and we won by 23 points 

I think he was solid, nothing special 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Grandy said:

These are winning numbers. Beautiful. 

4th is the “Money” Qtr.

Would anyone here who are complaining about some kind of minutiae here or there like it if the Jets were strong offensively in the 1st Half and then always sh*t the bed in the 4th when a huge percentage of NFL games are still on the line.

That young Zach Wilson and many of his young teammates are learning to just TAKE OVER 4th Qtrs and straight up Roll teams should be thought of as a huge positive in their apprenticeships.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Wilson was about 18 inches away from 3 TD passes. Give it a rest. You and the other dark siders don’t give a rat’s ass about winning football. Go be miserable. I’m enjoying that we have a competitive team to watch. That’s all that matters. 

If I remember correctly he had about 9-10 passes like this last year too where the receiver was tackled inside the one and it became a rushing touchdown the next play.

Zach didn't do anything great today, but he was patient, played within the system, and had a few chunk  plays.  Today that was good enough to win.

To be honest, this was the type of offense I was expecting to see all year.  Power running game with some play action sprinkled in.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I thought Sanchez was a franchise QB after the week 2 win against New England in 2010. We aren’t there yet. That said I’m encouraged after the past two weeks. Arrow pointing up.

This.

And may I add, most thought Sam was the answer after his 1st season.

too early to proclaim Zach a FQB.

one win at a time 

• Upvote 1