<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

11 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So every NFL offense is a Ferrari? Really? I would think it was more like he was given the keys to a Prius - this year, the team is more likes a BMW; it won't be a Ferrari until the OL is fixed.

I don't think ZW is great yet. I don't think he is a bust yet. I think it is too early to tell how good/bad he will be. He certainly is better than some of the others who have failed immediately - the jury, IMO, is still out.

Garrapolo had chance after chance to win the big games and even though he has been on some really good teams, he just didn't pull it out. And, he is always hurt. The only reason he is starting is that the kid got hurt. And, he is very expensive especially compared to a 2 year QB.

The only way ZW is going to start playing better and more consistently is to get playing time. He learned, hopefully, a valuable lesson today - you don't need to put the game on your shoulders - sometime, the team will win it without you as long as you are not careless.

I love the wins, but at this point, the only things we need to accomplish this season is to see if ZW can be the guy and if so, get him the experience he needs. He seems to have learned a lot this season, maybe from watching Joe work and maybe even play, but it is ZWs growth and the growth of the young team. IMO.

Holy sh*t....are we really arguing about this?

Fine....He was given the guys to the car as a rookie.  How's that?  

So, he was given the keys, and if he doesn't learn to drive a bit better, he can get them taken away.

Some people think Zach is on the way, others see a very Sanchez-like clone.  To each...... Perhaps we can win with a Sanchez clone.  Who knows.

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, he was given the keys, and if he doesn't learn to drive a bit better, he can get them taken away.

Some people think Zach is on the way, others see a very Sanchez-like clone.  To each...... Perhaps we can win with a Sanchez clone.  Who knows.

yes, if he isn't the one, he will get dumped. At this point, 17 games in, to win 3 in a row (even if team did heavy lifting) without throwing picks and making a few throws when he is needed while he hasn't proved he is a franchise QB he certainly isn't looking like a bust.

My real question is why are we really talking about this when he is 3-0 in his second season; not sure why he shouldn't have been given the keys. He is playing well enough to be allowed to finish the season. He is going to have his off games and some better games.- he needs to be more consistent, but this season is not about the wins, so hey - here are the keys, we are going to give you help - don't wreck the car.

I just find it interesting that we want to dump on a kid who, while not playing great today, didn't loose that game? we won the game; let's save the criticism until we loose.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

We went to two championship games with Sanchez, I’d like those odds.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Get yourself ASAP:

Vitamin C powder (kills infections opens cardio)….you can do up to 20,000mg an Hour while you are sick.  Sounds like way too much but it’s not.  Not while you’re sick

Vitamin D3….10,000 IUs a day while sick 

Quercitin and Zinc….no more than 50mg Zinc. Zinc is the bullet and Quercitin opens the cells for it to get in.

NO NO NO NO NO 

Wait , it’s T0m

makes sense to me, I saw it on Facebook!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kalcott said:

We went to two championship games with Sanchez, I’d like those odds.

We shall see. 

But, gun to your head, HAVE to make a decision, Yes or no about Wilson?  

Again, he's won three games since coming back.  Jets keep winning and being competitive, nobody will care.

To be fair; The kid is human.  He is going up against his idol in his house, who hasn't lost in his house for 2 years and hadn't lost back-to-back games in forever. 

But at some point, that stuff needs to get controlled. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

We shall see. 

But, gun to your head, HAVE to make a decision, Yes or no about Wilson?  

Again, he's won three games since coming back.  Jets keep winning and being competitive, nobody will care.

To be fair; The kid is human.  He is going up against his idol in his house, who hasn't lost in his house for 2 years and hadn't lost back-to-back games in forever. 

But at some point, that stuff needs to get controlled. 

Totally agree with you but I remain optimistic the best is yet to come!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Hello friends, I apologize for my absence in the thread, watched the game w/ Pops again and his wifi sucks.  I know you missed me.  I think it's important to know, that the only time I havent worn my hat this year, we've lost, we're undefeated with it on.  

❤️ 

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

no you're missing the point. I love the Win today, but worried about how long we can keep this. He's got 3 weeks to find a rhythm, When we play BUF

If you and Joe Willy dobbleganger would even OCCASSIONLY balance your homerist felating with some deserved criticism, then we could have a conversation 

What are you talking about?  Here is what I wrote in response to your post whining about Wilson:

“You are missing the point. He didn’t have to today, so why force it? It was a great job of coaching. The run game was dominant in the second half and the defense was great. So why have Wilson throw? He did what he needed to do today. He managed the game and didn’t make a mistake.  “

How is that homerism? It was a reaction to your ridiculous chicken little post. Again, you are a charter member of the “ I’d rather be right about Wilson than enjoy a Jets win” club. Keep what up? Wilson was a key reason the Jets beat Pittsburg and Miami. Today, the rest of the team led the way. There was no reason for the coaching staff to force the pass today. If the Jets won today by throwing for 300 yards but only ran for 40, I doubt you would be expressing similar concerns about how sustainable the winning was. 

Did the Jets look better when Flacco was throwing 40-50 passes for 300 yards? I think you know tha answer to that question. Take a chill pill and enjoy the win. It is rare for an NFL team to win without some bad moments. The bad moments today were pretty innocuous. 

You have to analyze todays game in context. It was a defensive struggle. The Jets running game, defense, and special teams took over the game. Why did Wilson need to throw more than 18 passes? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I know this is a low- class move, yet I still laughed hysterically. Maybe because of all the similar insults we’ve had to endure over the years. 

meh, how many times has an opponent done the Jet fly thingy after a score/turnover, etc.?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What are you talking about?  Here is what I wrote in response to your post whining about Wilson:

“You are missing the point. He didn’t have to today, so why force it? It was a great job of coaching. The run game was dominant in the second half and the defense was great. So why have Wilson throw? He did what he needed to do today. He managed the game and didn’t make a mistake.  “

How is that homerism? It was a reaction to your ridiculous chicken little post. Again, you are a charter member of the “ I’d rather be right about Wilson than enjoy a Jets win” club. Keep what up? Wilson was a key reason the Jets beat Pittsburg and Miami. Today, the rest of the team led the way. There was no reason for the coaching staff to force the pass today. If the Jets won today by throwing for 300 yards but only ran for 40, I doubt you would be expressing similar concerns about how sustainable the winning was. 

Did the Jets look better when Flacco was throwing 40-50 passes for 300 yards? I think you know tha answer to that question. Take a chill pill and enjoy the win. It is rare for an NFL team to win without some bad moments. The bad moments today were pretty innocuous. 

You have to analyze todays game in context. It was a defensive struggle. The Jets running game, defense, and special teams took over the game. Why did Wilson need to throw more than 18 passes? 

Taking this too far down the hole. I can’t keep track of who said what between all the Joe D Willy D Namathy Joey Joe-Joe Namath green with shoes JN posters. I’m ecstatic for the win. “Zach didn’t need to do much” mantra is horseh*t tho. We struggled mightily without hall doing the heavy lifting and I have concerns about Wilson. That’s 1 topic, amongst many other and much bigger convos from today; including the lights out performance on D, the running game and the use of LOS plays on offense (screens, reverses etc) 

59 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Taking this too far down the hole. I can’t keep track of who said what between all the Joe D Willy D Namathy Joey Joe-Joe Namath green with shoes JN posters. I’m ecstatic for the win. “Zach didn’t need to do much” mantra is horseh*t tho. We struggled mightily without hall doing the heavy lifting and I have concerns about Wilson. That’s 1 topic, amongst many other and much bigger convos from today; including the lights out performance on D, the running game and the use of LOS plays on offense (screens, reverses etc) 

Well if you can't keep track of who said what, don't be a jerk and criticize a poster for somebody else's statements.  

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Watch and Learn.  They finally took down the short video where he describes curing bacterial pneumonia and questions why “anyone would ever take a flu shot” (that’s of course why it was taken down I’m sure).

He’s a quack. He sells books about healing yourself by eating apples 

Andrew W. Saul was born and raised in Rochester, New York. He entered university at the age of 15. After study at the Australian National University and the Canberra Hospital, he received his Bachelor of Science from SUNY Brockport at age 19. He then did graduate work at the University of Ghana, Legon, West Africa, and also at the Brigham Hospital in Boston. Shortly thereafter, he began lecturing on the history of nutrition research and vitamin therapy, and was in private practice as a consultant for the next 35 years. 

He never set foot in medical school 

Anyone who gets Covid please god listen to your doctors 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Hello friends, I apologize for my absence in the thread, watched the game w/ Pops again and his wifi sucks.  I know you missed me.  I think it's important to know, that the only time I havent worn my hat this year, we've lost, we're undefeated with it on.  

❤️ 

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

Look At Me Reaction GIF by WWE

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am anti QB's who can't play.

Zach is running out of time.  Just the reality dude. 

Says you and the rest of the anti-ZW posters...DUDE!  Fans like you are always putting your own personal narrative spin like it really means something even when the Jets look like they've turned the corner.  Just keep on pointing out BS that doesn't really mean squat.  I don't give a fly F if he threw 4 INT's and threw for 10 yards...as long as we win.  Relax and enjoy this run and put your personal agenda to bed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The QB should get every snap this year to “prove it” and I hope he does. BUT if he doesn’t — JD cannot and I believe will not waste this team he has put together waiting for another chance in 2023.

Yep, exactly.  This is the year to figure it all out with Wilson, one way or another.  Many of the comparisons people are making today to the 09/10 teams seem pretty valid, but this time the Jets cannot once again wait around (or worse yet double down) on one player, particularly at the most important position.

It's not just the Jets, throughout the entire league you see that teams can never have sustained success if they don't find a long-term solution at QB.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Says you and the rest of the anti-ZW posters...DUDE!  Fans like you are always putting your own personal narrative spin like it really means something even when the Jets look like they've turned the corner.  Just keep on pointing out BS that doesn't really mean squat.  I don't give a fly F if he threw 4 INT's and threw for 10 yards...as long as we win.  Relax and enjoy this run and put your personal agenda to bed.

Both sides have their agenda. Everyone has one about anything they care about. It comes with being a human.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Yeah....that's what I'm doing.  Mr. personal agenda here who called for the Jets to win 8 games this year and got laughed at for it has an agenda.  

Have a great night . . . .dude.