<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

The Packers need this win to save their season and they see the Jets as a get-right game. The Jets, meanwhile, are riding high on vibes and could make a mess of it, which will give them a chance. Ultimately, I think we get a lot of Aaron Jones and Randall Cobb running free down the middle of the field against our LBs and safeties. The Jets D got fat on Trubisky/Pickett/Skylar Thompson, and now they get to the full opposite end of the QB spectrum and eat sh*t.

• Upvote 2

Should be a good game. I think it will come down to the 4th quarter. Rodgers is going to be dialed in. This would be a huge win on multiple levels for the Jets. It's nice to be looking at the Jets as a competent team, one that might be in the playoff hunt depending on the next few games, as opposed a bottom dweller every year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ultimately, I think we get a lot of Aaron Jones and Randall Cobb running free down the middle of the field against our LBs and safeties. 

This sounds about right. If they run on us like this, Rodgers will pick his moments in the PA game and mix it up with the dinking and dunking he's so good at, and we could be in trouble. 

• Upvote 2

Something to watch: one of the big stories in Green Bay is how their DC is mis-using their secondary, but apparently that‘s changing this week. 

“When they are aggressive they are good when they are passive they are bad. But they have been constantly passive all season long. But according to Barry that will all change Sunday against the Jets.

And according to Alexander everyone is on the same page. “There’s a level of respect that we have for each other — players to coaches, coaches to coaches and player to player. So, when you have that level of respect, you should be able to speak how you feel and have a conversation about it, which there was. And moving forward, I think the game plan is really good.”

Rasul Douglas couldn’t be more on board. “I think we’ve got the secondary to do it.”Douglas said, while also emphasizing the importance keeping the offense guessing. “You have to be able to mix and match both of them. I know sometimes I like pressing but sometimes I like being off, seeing the quarterback, seeing the receiver. It’s whatever you feel for the game or how the game’s going and what routes you’re seeing.”

The proof, however will be in the pudding. And the pastry chef is still Joe Barry. This week we’ve heard the correct words from Barry and his players but now we are going to have to see the correct execution.

The New York Jets are the perfect opportunity to get right from an aggression standpoint. Zach Wilson currently ranks last in the league in terms of passer rating against blitz. Not only does Barry need to bring the pressure but he needs to have his cornerbacks up on the line of scrimmage to take advantage of that pressure. They can’t allow Wilson to use quick and easy hot routes all day or this weeks post game comments from Jaire will make last weeks look like a Hallmark card.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Half of my brain says the Packers stink and this is a winnable game where we match up very well on both sides. The other half says, classic same old Jets get-your-hopes-up scenario where we get thrashed by three touchdowns in a get right game by Rodgers and the Packers.

Go Jets. 

Last week was supposed to be the “let down game” and it didn’t happen.  I think this team has too much fun talent to get completely destroyed out there. 

But that was Skylar Thompson and this is Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau so what do I know.  

This feels like Christmas morning after your parents have been complaining about financial hardship.  You know youre probably getting a pack of gum and a heartfelt we tried letter, but you cant help but shake the feeling maybe they can scrounge for that red ryder bb gun.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Packers need this win to save their season and they see the Jets as a get-right game. The Jets, meanwhile, are riding high on vibes and could make a mess of it, which will give them a chance. Ultimately, I think we get a lot of Aaron Jones and Randall Cobb running free down the middle of the field against our LBs and safeties. The Jets D got fat on Trubisky/Pickett/Skylar Thompson, and now they get to the full opposite end of the QB spectrum and eat sh*t.

It’s hard not to agree with you about the D. But, this is the game where the coaching staff has to use their brains for once because the offense has to score 30 points to win this game. If they come out with the 2 cracks in the line and throw on 3rd down sh*t until they get behind by 14 points it’s gonna be a long day. They should come out attacking and take the lead. But..they won’t lol

Lets go Jets!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Something to watch: one of the big stories in Green Bay is how their DC is mis-using their secondary, but apparently that‘s changing this week. 

“When they are aggressive they are good when they are passive they are bad. But they have been constantly passive all season long. But according to Barry that will all change Sunday against the Jets.

And according to Alexander everyone is on the same page. “There’s a level of respect that we have for each other — players to coaches, coaches to coaches and player to player. So, when you have that level of respect, you should be able to speak how you feel and have a conversation about it, which there was. And moving forward, I think the game plan is really good.”

Rasul Douglas couldn’t be more on board. “I think we’ve got the secondary to do it.”Douglas said, while also emphasizing the importance keeping the offense guessing. “You have to be able to mix and match both of them. I know sometimes I like pressing but sometimes I like being off, seeing the quarterback, seeing the receiver. It’s whatever you feel for the game or how the game’s going and what routes you’re seeing.”

The proof, however will be in the pudding. And the pastry chef is still Joe Barry. This week we’ve heard the correct words from Barry and his players but now we are going to have to see the correct execution.

The New York Jets are the perfect opportunity to get right from an aggression standpoint. Zach Wilson currently ranks last in the league in terms of passer rating against blitz. Not only does Barry need to bring the pressure but he needs to have his cornerbacks up on the line of scrimmage to take advantage of that pressure. They can’t allow Wilson to use quick and easy hot routes all day or this weeks post game comments from Jaire will make last weeks look like a Hallmark card.

I think I’ve seen the Jets call 1 screen pass all year so far (and it was for a loss). They called maybe a couple of draw plays out of the shotgun and they were successful. Screens and draw plays calm down the blitz and the pass rush. Unfortunately, we’re not good at either execution of them or defending them. So there’s that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s the worst news all week.  If they play aggressive the Jets will need to go take a leap forward.  I think it’s going to happen but I’m not sure they are there yet.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Jet have been been playing turnover free football the last two games. This is not the game to fumble or get picked off. If we can also cut down on the PI penalties,  that will go a long way to winning this game.  I think we have enough good players on D to give GB trouble. Breece  Hall and our WR's are not sneaking up on anyone anymore. I would like to see Carter take a more prominent role and GW has been quiet early on. This would be a good time to feed the ball to him early. He is the one guy that will get separation on short routes. GB's D is not a strong unit. With the right offensive game plan, this game can be taken. SOJ would struggle to win against Skylar Thompson,  this team isn't  SOJ. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Giants just ran the ball down their throats in the second half of what was almost a must win game for the Packers.   The Giants are a very well coached team.  They have way less talent than the Jets on both sides of the ball.   

A must win? Surely you can't be serious, they were 3-1.

I just spent the entire day yesterday at Kings Island amusement park, my legs hurt, my ears hurt, my brain hurts, and I still smell like beer and funnel cake. 

My anxiety is still cranked to level 9 so please Jets, help reduce it and not exacerbate it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Game Day!!!

We just saw a video of the work the grounds crew, film crew, and equipment crew put in. They've done their part.

The coaches and players have been putting in their work.

Now it's time for the fans to put in some work. Pull out your lucky hat, lucky socks, lucky jersey. Eat your lucky breakfast. It's game day!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1