<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

53 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Hey, if 24 hours ago someone from the future told you:

Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore will combine for 1 catch

Final Score will be 10-27

You'd wonder how the hell the Jets score 10 points!

Breeeeeeece. On his way to ROY, Pro Bowl, and a chance to be one of the best Jet players ever. 

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We do not win enough games to critique our wins.  In previous years we lose this game, why?  The QB throws two picks, coughs up a fumble and gets sacked 6 times.  He has always been a project QB, he needs time.

(Also, clear evidence again as to why you do not take TEs early, even awesome sauce TEs, they ALWAYS disappoint.  Pitts got a td today to go along it his 3 catches for 19 yards)

You re talking playing not to lose, not playing to win. 

also please don’t bring up Kyle Pitts as tho We shouldn’t have taken him. The FBI currently has a task force working on why Arthur Smith is trying to ruin his career 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

With a virtual rookie project QB playing not to lose is not all that bad.  In this league there are about 5 QBs that make you win and a whole slew that you can win with if they do not make the big mistake.

Trevor Lawrence just went 20-22 with a td.  They lost.

True 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

With a virtual rookie project QB playing not to lose is not all that bad.  In this league there are about 5 QBs that make you win and a whole slew that you can win with if they do not make the big mistake.

Trevor Lawrence just went 20-22 with a td.  They lost.

Our roster is light years better. 

I’m not disagreeing with your assessment. But I can’t “relax” until I see something that says Zach play with anticipation. He’s been opportunistic at best, thus far… and I’ve seen this movie too many times. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I’m not disagreeing with your assessment. But I can’t “relax” until I see something that says Zach play with anticipation. He’s been opportunistic at best, thus far… and I’ve seen this movie too many times. 

I think you’re being a bit paranoid.  Remember he missed about two months so he’s probably still getting into the groove.  The previous two games he did what you need to win.  Today he had a rough game but the Packers pass defense deserve props too 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I think you’re being a bit paranoid.  Remember he missed about two months so he’s probably still getting into the groove.  The previous two games he did what you need to win.  Today he had a rough game but the Packers pass defense deserve props too 

I hope I am? Cause I want to get excited. I am already 90% there… but you can’t blame me for being somewhat resistant. 

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What league is Paxton Lynch playing in these days?

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sorry you can’t ‘relax’ dude. Are you ever satisilfied?  

when the man lets you down with the chips in the table, let us know.  Thx. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He’s streaky.  Gets on hot and cold streaks.  I do not like when he stands back there forever, he needs to get the ball out quicker or be rolling out.  The bad plays happen when he stands there forever and then decides to run around like a headless chicken.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Zach didn’t have a big game today but we won the game and he didn’t turn the ball over. And since the second half of last season he has I think only one turnover and it’s a great stat for an NFL Qb underrated. 

Good to see common sense posts like this 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Like a spicy heaven.

Get yourself ASAP:

Vitamin C powder (kills infections opens cardio)….you can do up to 20,000mg an Hour while you are sick.  Sounds like way too much but it’s not.  Not while you’re sick

Vitamin D3….10,000 IUs a day while sick 

Quercitin and Zinc….no more than 50mg Zinc. Zinc is the bullet and Quercitin opens the cells for it to get in.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I hope I am? Cause I want to get excited. I am already 90% there… but you can’t blame me for being somewhat resistant. 

You should be. He played like poop in the first half, with the rest of the offense. 

But they clearly want this to be a run first offense. Zach will have limited opportunities. That will also just magnify his mistakes. IMO as long as he’s not turning it over and keeping drives alive. I’m good with it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Get yourself ASAP:

Vitamin C powder (kills infections opens cardio)….you can do up to 20,000mg an Hour while you are sick.  Sounds like way too much but it’s not.  Not while you’re sick

Vitamin D3….10,000 IUs a day while sick 

Quercitin and Zinc….no more than 50mg Zinc. Zinc is the bullet and Quercitin opens the cells for it to get in.

This sounds dangerous, but I’ll do it

Just now, T0mShane said:

This sounds dangerous, but I’ll do it

It’s not dangerous.  You need much more when you’re sick.

If you get to the point where the Vitamin C is making you run to the bathroom you’re at your personal threshold (everyone is different), then back off.

Do you know what virtually ALL the Seniors had in common who got taken out in Nursing homes had?  Their Vitamin D3 levels were Close To Zero.  Why?  No Sunlight and no Supplements.

Do you know what happened to virtually All people who caught the bug but had Vit D3 levels in the range of 30-70ng/dl?  Almost NONE hospitalized.

I’m not saying don’t see a doctor if you have to but doing this vitamin regimen NOW will probably help a lot.

The Zinc you have to be careful with because Over 50mg actually has a Negative effect.  You need the Quercitin too so the Zinc can get in the cells and kill the virus.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

He was given the keys to run an NFL offense, hence the Ferrari.  

If you think Zach is great, great.  I don't.  I don't see what you are seeing.

And Garrapolo is not crap.  But I doubt we will agree on that either. 

But the Jets should be bringing someone in who can challenge Zach, unless he can start playing better more consistently.  

So every NFL offense is a Ferrari? Really? I would think it was more like he was given the keys to a Prius - this year, the team is more likes a BMW; it won't be a Ferrari until the OL is fixed.

I don't think ZW is great yet. I don't think he is a bust yet. I think it is too early to tell how good/bad he will be. He certainly is better than some of the others who have failed immediately - the jury, IMO, is still out.

Garrapolo had chance after chance to win the big games and even though he has been on some really good teams, he just didn't pull it out. And, he is always hurt. The only reason he is starting is that the kid got hurt. And, he is very expensive especially compared to a 2 year QB.

The only way ZW is going to start playing better and more consistently is to get playing time. He learned, hopefully, a valuable lesson today - you don't need to put the game on your shoulders - sometime, the team will win it without you as long as you are not careless.

I love the wins, but at this point, the only things we need to accomplish this season is to see if ZW can be the guy and if so, get him the experience he needs. He seems to have learned a lot this season, maybe from watching Joe work and maybe even play, but it is ZWs growth and the growth of the young team. IMO.

• Upvote 1