<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

As long as zach doesn't turn the ball over the Jets can win. zach isnt playing hero ball like he did last year, with the running backs they have and way defense and ST are playing all zach has to do is manage the game . I dont think zach will ever be a mahomes thats ok if he can be a chad Pennington minus injuries thats all they need.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll give you this for the schadenfreude file, Larz. I also failed a COVID test today. Karma is a biiiiitch. EAT IT UP, TINY VIKING.

C70E89CF-EAE7-4857-B9B3-F676DF7EAB4D.jpeg

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

That was a typo.  They meant to say that COVID tested positive for T0mShane.

Also....

first time GIF

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is exactly correct.

Was he good today, no.

Did he make plays when they were needed to be made? ABSOLUTELY.

It's exactly what Zach has done in the three wins - he keeps making plays when they're needed to be made.

we have a name for that around here. its Mark Sanchez.

the rest of the team plays well and Zach makes a throw or 2 and everything is fine? we know how that story ends.

so thats what we can expect from him. playing bad for 2 or 3 qts than making a throw or 2 in the 4th and we win and everything is fine? 

we have a QB problem

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

As good as it is to win, these are Sanchezian-lite performances from him. Struggle/look mediocre in the early game, and then make a few good throws in the 4th quarter to put the team in position to win. Also, much like those 09-10 teams, the defense, special teams, and run game really drove today's win.

It's great that he's winning, but if he's not able to take over games with his arm by the end of the year, I'd be looking for the Jets to bring in competition next year.

Well said.

The Jets could bring in a guy like Garrapolo just to make things interesting.  

Zach was given the keys to the Ferrari right out of the gate.  He might need to see they can be taken back if he doesn't learn how to drive it. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

we have a name for that around here. its Mark Sanchez.

the rest of the team plays well and Zach makes a throw or 2 and everything is fine? we know how that story ends.

so thats what we can expect from him. playing bad for 2 or 3 qts than making a throw or 2 in the 4th and we win and everything is fine? 

we have a QB problem

Oh brother…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Very happy with today's win.

Cant believe we are 4-2. Kudos to the team.

Breece looks like the real deal. Quinnen had maybe the best game of his career.

It’s gonna come down to Breece or Sauce again for ROTW.

Quinnen deserves to be defensive player of the week.  Just an absolutely dominant performance.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll give you this for the schadenfreude file, Larz. I also failed a COVID test today. Karma is a biiiiitch. EAT IT UP, TINY VIKING.

C70E89CF-EAE7-4857-B9B3-F676DF7EAB4D.jpeg

Sucks to hear that, Tom. You'll be fine, though. Sending you positive vibes!

And, I'm sure that, just like everyone you've ever met, Covid, too, won't stick around for long.

• Haha 2

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Well said.

The Jets could bring in a guy like Garrapolo just to make things interesting.  

Zach was given the keys to the Ferrari right out of the gate.  He might need to see they can be taken back if he doesn't learn how to drive it. 

LOL - what? this team was hardly a Ferrari last season. 3 weeks ago fans were ready to run our DC out of town. ZW had a bad game, but no TOs, hit a couple of throws when we needed it. He is still young and will learn (hopefully). This kid still hasn't started that many games. Let's see how it plays out.

Garrapelo is crap, fragile and waaaaaaay more expensive the ZW.

• Upvote 3