<<<<<<< Jets vs Packers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, bostonmajet said:

LOL - what? this team was hardly a Ferrari last season. 3 weeks ago fans were ready to run our DC out of town. ZW had a bad game, but no TOs, hit a couple of throws when we needed it. He is still young and will learn (hopefully). This kid still hasn't started that many games. Let's see how it plays out.

Garrapelo is crap, fragile and waaaaaaay more expensive the ZW.

Agreed.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

He  led a great drive in the 4th qtr with 2 big pass plays.  He led 2 big TD drives in Pittsburgh.  He didn't turn the ball over today.  He is 3-0.  He has time to develop into the guy who can carry the team since he is only 23 and has started 17 games.  If you can't be positive after today you can't be positive.

When you start laying out the facts, the haters rhetoric starts falling apart. Doesn't mean Zach does not need to keep improving, it just means the Zach-haters narrative is not holding.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, that’s the league now 

the jets get mocked as much as any team in professional sports. Sauce also backs it up on the field. 

This generation of athlete is different.....they troll and run their mouths....As long as his play on the field leaves no room for rebuttal I’m fine with it ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - what? this team was hardly a Ferrari last season. 3 weeks ago fans were ready to run our DC out of town. ZW had a bad game, but no TOs, hit a couple of throws when we needed it. He is still young and will learn (hopefully). This kid still hasn't started that many games. Let's see how it plays out.

Garrapelo is crap, fragile and waaaaaaay more expensive the ZW.

He was given the keys to run an NFL offense, hence the Ferrari.  

If you think Zach is great, great.  I don't.  I don't see what you are seeing.

And Garrapolo is not crap.  But I doubt we will agree on that either. 

But the Jets should be bringing someone in who can challenge Zach, unless he can start playing better more consistently.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am NOT a Zach fan.  Not in the least.

BUT.

We don't have a QB problem until we lose lots of games because of him. We don't have a QB problem until we lose playoff games because of him. 

This is fair. Zach wasn't great today but he didn't really do anything to hurt the team. One silver lining for him is no turnovers over the past 2 games. At least he's learning to take care of the ball.

28 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I like that Zach doesn’t look happy. He’ll be driven to improve, and he will. GREAT WIN! 

It's all about winning - he should be happy. The Packers have very good corners and Zach had very little time to throw as the line wasn't that great in pass protection, but was great opening holes for the run game. Packers not so great stopping the run - that means they had a solid game plan. It's not Fantasy Football - the only stat that matters is W-L record and Zach made some great throws in the 4th quarter to sustain drives, score points and then kill the clock. There was very little separation on many of the pass plays, so why not just run the ball to open up the pass.

• Upvote 1

Our Special Teams out-scored Arron Rogers 13-10.

That's how you walk into Lambeau Field and snap Green Bay's league leading 15 game home win streak. When Arron Rogers sees all the speed and skill the Jets have amassed with their last 2 drafts, then looks over at his sidelines to Jorden Love, he has to know it's over. 

The Jets are where football is headed.

19 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

He was given the keys to run an NFL offense, hence the Ferrari.  

If you think Zach is great, great.  I don't.  I don't see what you are seeing.

And Garrapolo is not crap.  But I doubt we will agree on that either. 

But the Jets should be bringing someone in who can challenge Zach, unless he can start playing better more consistently.  

I can't believe this is a conversation in the game thread.

We are talking about competition next year?

Um ok, you enjoy that. I'm going to enjoy this drive to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

That's how you walk into Lambeau Field and snap Green Bay's league leading 15 game home win streak. When Arron Rogers sees all the speed and skill the Jets have amassed with their last 2 drafts, then looks over at his sidelines to Jorden Love, he has to know it's over. 

key and peele television GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Losing at home is painful.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are missing the point. He didn’t have to today, so why force it? It was a great job of coaching. The run game was dominant in the second half and the defense was great. So why have Wilson throw? He did what he needed to do today. He managed the game and didn’t make a mistake.  

no you're missing the point. I love the Win today, but worried about how long we can keep this. He's got 3 weeks to find a rhythm, When we play BUF

If you and Joe Willy dobbleganger would even OCCASSIONLY balance your homerist felating with some deserved criticism, then we could have a conversation 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Jordan Love was only going to come in if the Pack were down by 3 scores with like 3 minutes left.  Rodgers has absolutely nothing to worry about on that front.  He's got plenty left in him too.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

no you're missing the point. I love the Win today, but worried about how long we can keep this. He's got 3 weeks to find a rhythm, When we play BUF

If you and Joe Willy dobbleganger would even OCCASSIONLY balance your homerist felating with some deserved criticism, then we could have a conversation 

We do not win enough games to critique our wins.  In previous years we lose this game, why?  The QB throws two picks, coughs up a fumble and gets sacked 6 times.  He has always been a project QB, he needs time.

(Also, clear evidence again as to why you do not take TEs early, even awesome sauce TEs, they ALWAYS disappoint.  Pitts got a td today to go along it his 3 catches for 19 yards)

• Upvote 2