Here we go...can't even have a few hours of success....

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Excellent way not to answer the question. 

WR 1-62 isn’t evenly distributed among teams. Some teams have three top 62 WRs, some teams have 1 top 62 WRs. Saying that Moore is a starting-caliber WR in the league isn’t particularly controversial or, really, arguable(?)

Definitely late to the game here as this thread has blown up but why can't these guys use social media for anything but talking about their contracts, or not getting the ball enough... and I think a lot of this stuff gets taken out of context...just no need to even post anything like he did and leave any room for misinterpretation

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

WR 1-62 isn’t evenly distributed among teams. Some teams have three top 62 WRs, some teams have 1 top 62 WRs. Saying that Moore is a starting-caliber WR in the league isn’t particularly controversial or, really, arguable(?)

You said 30/32 teams would take him as WR2 tomorrow. How about you start listing teams. And again, what are you basing this off? His ability to almost make plays or his sh*tty attitude?

He was a second round talent, who is small and has good but not elite speed. He doesn’t make tough catches. He isn’t some elite prospect who’s being held back.

He had his best game this year under Wilson, not Flacco throwing at a record pace. 

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You said 30/32 teams would take him as WR2 tomorrow. How about you start listing teams. And agains, what are you basing this off. His ability to almost make plays or his sh*tty attitude? 

I literally gave you a team. The Packers. The Packers would start Elijah Moore tomorrow. 

Moore’s reaction “I’m happy we’re winning and don’t understand why I got 0 targets today.” is pretty reasonable. I’m also happy they’re winning and don’t understand why he got 0 targets. He just absolutely shouldn’t have said it. Should be conversations in house - and those conversations should happen regardless of whether he said it or not because they need to use him more effectively.

Yesterday with Alexander following Wilson would’ve been a good time to make Moore an early read more often.

Moore separates, the stats they track show that. He’s a good player they’re not using effectively. Happens when you’re a better team. But hopefully they find a better way to use him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, derp said:

Moore’s reaction “I’m happy we’re winning but don’t understand why I’m not getting targets.” is pretty reasonable. He just shouldn’t have said it.

Yesterday with Alexander following Wilson would’ve been a good time to make Moore an early read more often.

Moore separates, the stats they track show that. He’s a good player they’re not using effectively. Happens when you’re a better team. But hopefully they find a better way to use him.

He’s gotta be a bit patient too.  The Packers pass defense was very good so we simply let our backs take over and it worked so you have to keep doing it 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

He’s gotta be a bit patient too.  The Packers pass defense was very good so we simply let our backs take over and it worked so you have to keep doing it 

I get it, and I think there’s a distinction between not getting many targets and being behind both backs, both tight ends, and three receivers in the target pecking order when the other team’s best corner is shadowing one of the three receivers who got targets ahead of you.

He shouldn’t have said anything. They should use him better. Those ideas aren’t mutually exclusive.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I get it, and I think there’s a distinction between not getting many targets and being behind both backs, both tight ends, and three receivers in the target pecking order when the other team’s best corner is shadowing one of the three receivers who got targets ahead of you.

He shouldn’t have said anything. They should use him better. Those ideas aren’t mutually exclusive.

I don’t disagree that they should use him better.  LeFleur certainly had a rough first half but I’m glad he adjusted and saw that our running game was the way to go

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Putting money on Moore to hit the over for receiving yards this week.  Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I took that approach yesterday and obviously it did not work out.

Denver could be a complete diff game plan with hall used a bit less,

rookie getting used to the elevation could bring his Carrie’s down and focus more on short slot routes.

I think I will piggyback on your advice

all you knuckleheads built moore up to be something hes not and it gets back to him and then you get thins childish meltdown on social media as a result. Now, you putrid dreamers did the same thing with garret wilson. One great game and you talked him up so much that garret himself plus a handful of you vultures really actually believe that that one performance was the norm vs. the outlier. God you suck you sojf really know how to pour the sand in the sangwich

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Nice try. Pickett and Thompson got injured during game, Wentz broke his finger, Mariota completed 93% of his passes, had 2 TD's, ran for 50 yards, and had a 144 rating. Who the hell are Walker and Eason? 

You didn't say a broken finger or a good passer rating were exceptions to that. Wilson had an RB that ran all over Green Bay. Is that not also a valid excuse for throwing for less than 150?

• Upvote 1

I hate this as much as any Jets fan should, but the best thing the staff can do is get Elijah in the office and talk it out, make sure he's giving 100% in practice, and script a few plays for him to begin the game next week. Elijah is an extremely good player and he'll eventually get his moments, but the coaching staff needs to be empathetic yet stern with him so that he understands this team is all about winning. When you have 4 WRs, 2 TEs, and 2 RBs all capable of being starting players, you're not going to always be part of the game plan. You haven't heard CJ Uzomah or Braxton Berrios complain... take a page out of their book and the time will come

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll say it again: he was doing absolutely nothing with Flacco either,

I was curious on this, so I looked up the numbers and they were quite interesting to me.

Through 3 games with Flacco, Moore had:

12 catches on 21 targets (57%) catch rate and 139 yards (11.6 Y/C) (6.6 Y/T)

Through 3 games with Zach:

4 catches on 8 targets (50%) catch rate and 64 yards (16 Y/C) (8 Y/T)

While he was used a lot more with Flacco and racked up more yards as a result (although, not eye-popping numbers) and was more efficient at catching the ball, he racked up more Y/C and Y/T with Zach. Now, it's an incredibly small sample size, and the numbers with Zach are slightly skewed, being that he had no targets yesterday, so it's basically comparing two games to three.

It's also important to note that his numbers with Zach are being bolstered by the Pitt game alone, also being his best game all around, as you said, in terms of yards (53) catch rate (75%) Y/C (17.67) and Y/T (13.25).

His only other game he put up numbers with Zach was his worst game, by far, with only his Y/R beating out the Balt game (9.8 Y/R):

1/4 catches (25%) 11 yards, 11 Y/R, 2.75 Y/T

With such a small sample size, it's hard to conclude much from those two data sets. He was steadily average in 3 games with Flacco, and then with Zach, had his best game, his worst game, and then was completely ignored.

Of course, he won all 3 games with Zach, and only 1-2 with Flacco, and that may be all that some people care about.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I hate this as much as any Jets fan should, but the best thing the staff can do is get Elijah in the office and talk it out, make sure he's giving 100% in practice, and script a few plays for him to begin the game next week. Elijah is an extremely good player and he'll eventually get his moments, but the coaching staff needs to be empathetic yet stern with him so that he understands this team is all about winning. When you have 4 WRs, 2 TEs, and 2 RBs all capable of being starting players, you're not going to always be part of the game plan. You haven't heard CJ Uzomah or Braxton Berrios complain... take a page out of their book and the time will come

The idea of formulating a game plan to make Elijah Moore happy rather than maximize the offense is ridiculous to me 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Moore’s reaction “I’m happy we’re winning and don’t understand why I got 0 targets today.” is pretty reasonable. I’m also happy they’re winning and don’t understand why he got 0 targets. He just absolutely shouldn’t have said it. Should be conversations in house - and those conversations should happen regardless of whether he said it or not because they need to use him more effectively.

Exactly this.  Keep it in house.  He looks like a total hypocrite with those words.  He conveyed his criticism ("Butter sweet [sic] for me" - obviously in reference to 0 targets) and then said " I’ll just stay quiet".

That's not "staying quiet", Eli.

59 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

all you knuckleheads built moore up to be something hes not and it gets back to him and then you get thins childish meltdown on social media as a result. Now, you putrid dreamers did the same thing with garret wilson. One great game and you talked him up so much that garret himself plus a handful of you vultures really actually believe that that one performance was the norm vs. the outlier. God you suck you sojf really know how to pour the sand in the sangwich

Moore is fine.  Nobody built him up to be anything he is not.  He's just a guy playing on a team with a ton of receivers and a QB who has zero consistency.  This reminds me of all of the "OMG Quinnen sucks, what a bust" takes from his second season.

29 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was curious on this, so I looked up the numbers and they were quite interesting to me.

Through 3 games with Flacco, Moore had:

12 catches on 21 targets (57%) catch rate and 139 yards (11.6 Y/C) (6.6 Y/T)

Through 3 games with Zach:

4 catches on 8 targets (50%) catch rate and 64 yards (16 Y/C) (8 Y/T)

While he was used a lot more with Flacco and racked up more yards as a result (although, not eye-popping numbers) and was more efficient at catching the ball, he racked up more Y/C and Y/T with Zach. Now, it's an incredibly small sample size, and the numbers with Zach are slightly skewed, being that he had no targets yesterday, so it's basically comparing two games to three.

It's also important to note that his numbers with Zach are being bolstered by the Pitt game alone, also being his best game all around, as you said, in terms of yards (53) catch rate (75%) Y/C (17.67) and Y/T (13.25).

His only other game he put up numbers with Zach was his worst game, by far, with only his Y/R beating out the Balt game (9.8 Y/R):

1/4 catches (25%) 11 yards, 11 Y/R, 2.75 Y/T

With such a small sample size, it's hard to conclude much from those two data sets. He was steadily average in 3 games with Flacco, and then with Zach, had his best game, his worst game, and then was completely ignored.

Of course, he won all 3 games with Zach, and only 1-2 with Flacco, and that may be all that some people care about.

All fair.  I also mentioned, and feel it’s important to restate, that those games were games where we fell down big, were already passing at a unsustainable rate, so of course he was going to have more targets/catches.

Do I think this offense will open up more and become more balanced?  For sure!  Do I think we should abandon what has gotten us to 3-0 for the sake of satisfying Moore?  No, absolutely not.  He has stated in the past that he wants to be apart of being the foundation that turns this around.  I respect the competitive nature.  He just shouldn’t have done this and stayed patient.  Talk it out with the coaches behind closed doors.  Mention how you think this offense can be more effective if it becomes balanced.  Don’t take Rich Cimini’s bait on Twitter and indirectly complain while simultaneously saying that you aren’t going to complain.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All fair.  I also mentioned, and feel it’s important to restate, that those games were games where we fell down big, were already passing at a unsustainable rate, so of course he was going to have more targets/catches.

Do I think this offense will open up more and become more balanced?  For sure!  Do I think we should abandon what has gotten us to 3-0 for the sake of satisfying Moore?  No, absolutely not.  He has stated in the past that he wants to be apart of being the foundation that turns this around.  I respect the competitive nature.  He just shouldn’t have done this and stayed patient.  Talk it out with the coaches behind closed doors.  Mention how you think this offense can be more effective if it becomes balanced.  Don’t take Rich Cimini’s bait on Twitter and indirectly complain while simultaneously saying that you aren’t going to complain.

I'm not really keen on Moore airing his grievances like that, especially in the "I don't wanna say this, but imma say it" manner that he did, as I think that could be a distraction, but I don't think it's something that can be ignored if the passing game doesn't open up as the season progresses.

Seems like after the first few weeks there were threads here about how good Moore is, and how exciting it is to have such a dynamic WR like him, and thank you, Joe Douglas, thank you!!

Now, suddenly, it's: Elijah Moore needs to stfu this and he's just lazy that and lol, has he tried getting good?

Just a weird turn around, all in the name of defending Zach, who is basically playing at game manager level at this point.

• Upvote 1

A young WR who wants the ball more and posts on social media in 2022.

Shocked, I am.  Truly shocked.

Not targeting him is a failure by our offense. 

While after we win isn't the time, and social media isn't the place, to address it....it is something we need to improve on.

And we will need Moore to be good to take any next step as a franchise.  

P.S. It's sad watching so many hypocrites who thought Moore was a future all-pro outright lie and call him "lazy" or claim he's not running good routes.  Total BS, but keep on being the same old same old Jets fans.  I guess it's easier to throw Moore under the bus than admit Zach has had trouble seeing him when he's been open...

• Sympathy 1