Here we go...can't even have a few hours of success....

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

shouldn’t he be running more slants and shorter passes?  Why send him deep?

Exactly.  If you're using him to run a lot of go routes, activate Mims and let him run them.  He's just as fast and he's bigger.  Mims has a better chance on 50/50 balls.  

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

shouldn’t he be running more slants and shorter passes?  Why send him deep?

Yeah there was a deep attempt today where he was just getting manhandled in coverage. Don't know why he was lined up like that in the first place when the Packers were focusing press. We need to get him the ball in space. Same with Garrett.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

F cimini

The Jets just won 3 I'm a row with a 3 score margain at lambeau and this is what he's tweeting about?

Not cool, little instigator and not professional, this is Manish-ish.  Trying to start controversy on a squad the whole world mocked merely weeks ago, but who now is pumping fear into quite a few teams in the league.

• Sympathy 1

Kind of don't mind this. The passing game needs to take it up a notch if we are going to compete for a playoff spot. Similar to the secondary meetings a few weeks ago, discussions need to be had.

Zach is making plays in crunch time which is big. But he needs to be more consistent throughout the game.

It’s great that we are winning. The defense, special teams and running game are playoff caliber. If the passing game can get there also, we can compete with the top teams.

Zach played well against Miami though. Just need more of that efficient play.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He attempted 3 passes in that game…

That’s why I added the second screenshot and the link to the page.  That specific game just comes up as an answer when you search the question.  The game logs listed below show the rest of the games where it’s happened, I just couldn’t fit it all in one picture.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not cool, little instigator and not professional, this is Manish-ish.  Trying to start controversy on a squad the whole world mocked merely weeks ago, but who now is pumping fear into quite a few teams in the league.

but its his job as a Jets reporter. he would look really bad if someone else tweeted this. and somebody else would have

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't blame Moore for being pissed tbh. He's had 1 catch for 11 yards in the last 2 games combined. Garrett Wilson may be the next one to complain. He had 18 catches for 214 in his first 3 games and only 6 for 76 since Zach has been back. It's pretty obvious the reigns are on Zach and they would rather a more conservative game plan than have him slinging and throwing INT's. We have a talented receiving group. Try to use them. 

Yeah, doing what it takes to get the W makes sense, but they can’t stick stubbornly to a plan like that in games where it’s clear it won’t work.  Anyone here think we can beat the Bills going ground & pound?  Me neither.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, doing what it takes to get the W makes sense, but they can’t stick stubbornly to a plan like that in games where it’s clear it won’t work.  Anyone here think we can beat the Bills going ground & pound?  Me neither.  

It would actually be great if they could throw AND run and use all the weapons. I know that can't work in every game but 10/18 for 110 yards is pretty pathetic. It's pretty hard to throw for less than 150 yards in today's NFL. Open it up a little. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve been scoring 30ppg so yea, it’s probably our best chance 

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It would actually be great if they could throw AND run and use all the weapons. I know that can't work in every game but 10/18 for 110 yards is pretty pathetic. It's pretty hard to throw for less than 150 yards in today's NFL. Open it up a little. 

It was a 45 degrees and raining in the first half. Against a top flight pass D who’s HC is our OCs brother.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Which is all a blanket discussion over the viability of the QB. Big issue. We should talk about it. It seems Elijah Moore wants us to talk about it. Good bet Garrett Wilson will want us to talk about it soon, too. 

Huh?

You don’t think we spend almost every single day around here discussing the viability of Zach Wilson. lol

You’re suggesting we should talk about The QB a bit? Are you new to the board?

50 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't blame Moore for being pissed tbh. He's had 1 catch for 11 yards in the last 2 games combined. Garrett Wilson may be the next one to complain. He had 18 catches for 214 in his first 3 games and only 6 for 76 since Zach has been back. It's pretty obvious the reigns are on Zach and they would rather a more conservative game plan than have him slinging and throwing INT's. We have a talented receiving group. Try to use them. 

3-0

18 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It was a 45 degrees and raining in the first half. Against a top flight pass D who’s HC is our OCs brother.

So what if they are brothers and it's 45 degrees and some rain. Were they playing in a blizzard? Because then I could accept a 55% completion rate for 110 yards. Rogers got the sh*t kicked out of him and has no receivers and still threw for 250 yards and a 63% completion rate. I'm not a guy who has an agenda against Zach but he sucked today for the most part. 

33 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It's easy to pass less than 150 if your RB is rushing for almost 6 yards per carry

I agree that Zach didn't play great but it's the coaches' job to do what wins the games best, not what makes the flashiest stats.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So a QB who threw 18 passes and completed 10 with no picks was wild?  And careless?  You realize that makes no sense at all.  And why would a target that is not completed make Moore happy?  

He ended his last 4 passes going 4/4 for 82 yards. Prior to that, going 6/14 for 28 yards is pretty erratic to me, considering some of his throws were prayers that landed incomplete. The pass in the EZ to Corey off one leg was insanely stupid. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So what if they are brothers and it's 45 degrees and some rain. Were they playing in a blizzard? Because then I could accept a 55% completion rate for 110 yards. Rogers got the sh*t kicked out of him and has no receivers and still threw for 250 yards and a 63% completion rate. I'm not a guy who has an agenda against Zach but he sucked today for the most part. 

Rodgers is literally regarded as one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, and Zach Wilson was more accurate last week than he was this week. He threw for 250 yards but only managed 1 TD on a penalty wave. Rodgers also couldn't rely on his running game as much.

Zach has also played his best in the 4th quarter and I'm not even sure if he threw more than 3 passes in that quarter. I'm not saying he's good but you're acting like he threw an average number of passes.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

It's easy to pass less than 150 if your RB is rushing for almost 6 yards per carry

I agree that Zach didn't play great but it's the coaches' job to do what wins the games best, not what makes the flashiest stats.

I bet you there wasn't another QB in the NFL that threw for less than 150 today. I know it's not about the stats but he wasn't very good today and was simply dreadful in the first half. I'm on the fence about Wilson. I want him to be the guy but I totally understand how a lot of people are concerned that he isn't. A lot of the criticisms are valid. 

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I bet you there wasn't another QB in the NFL that threw for less than 150 today. I know it's not about the stats but he wasn't very good today and was simply dreadful in the first half. I'm on the fence about Wilson. I want him to be the guy but I totally understand how a lot of people are concerned that he isn't. A lot of the criticisms are valid. 

Kenny Pickett

Skylar Thompson

Carson Wentz

Marcus Mariota

PJ Walker

Jacob Eason

And Jalen Hurts was 5 yards above 150

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Rodgers is literally regarded as one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, and Zach Wilson was more accurate last week than he was this week. He threw for 250 yards but only managed 1 TD on a penalty wave. Rodgers also couldn't rely on his running game as much.

Zach has also played his best in the 4th quarter and I'm not even sure if he threw more than 3 passes in that quarter. I'm not saying he's good but you're acting like he threw an average number of passes.

Rodgers is 38, had a bad hand, no receivers, was under pressure all day, and still had a higher completion % and way more yards. It's obvious the OC doesn't trust Wilson and wants to keep it conservative but again 10-18 and 110 yards is pretty bad. 

• Thumb Down 1