<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, slimjasi said:

So bummed about Breece but very happy for this team and coaching staff 

this team has some character. Injuries galore. Lopsided officiating, shutout in the second half 

congrats, coach Saleh 

I’m being serious our season is over and we will give you Aaron Jones or AJ Dillon. 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

With everything this team has been through this week with Moore, the threat of a trap game, injuries now, etc….it’s really hard not to be happy with what they’re building right now.  “The Same Ole Jets” get their doors blown off.

We have a limited ceiling unless ZW can be a real QB. I'm not saying he can't btw.  I fully understand we were missing Eli Moore, Corey Davis, Breece and AVT today.  Plus Laken played terrible.  But Zach still made some awful throws.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Packers12 said:

I’m being serious our season is over and we will give you Aaron Jones or AJ Dillon. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Sure! Sounds good. where do I sign?

I wish Packers12 was Green Bay's GM.  I'd love to have Aaron Rodgers as QB of the NYJ.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have a limited ceiling unless ZW can be a real QB. I'm not saying he can't btw.  I fully understand we were missing Eli Moore, Corey Davis, Breece and AVT today.  Plus Laken played terrible.  But Zach still made some awful throws.

Pretty reasonable take. 

Denver's D is good to make any QB look average, but Zach missed throws, zinged the ball too hard, threw behind guys, and overall looked way too much in his head. 

• Upvote 2

Zach had a better stat line this game than Green Bay, but he played much worse this game. This was the kind of stat line I expected, but there should be multiple INTs in there too that he got lucky with. 

Zach was a liability this game. Granted, LaFleur shouldn't have called all those passing plays to begin against the best passing D in the league, but Zach was worse than the D was good. I sure hope I don't see play like this next week, but that's too likely.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re gonna need a new QB1 in 2023.  

That puts a bit of a damper on things for anyone who acknowledges the above statement to be true.

My apologies for thinking “big picture” despite the turnaround for the franchise otherwise.  I am excited about everything other than the QB.  But the latter is pretty important….  

Yeah, Wilson sucks but that has nothing to do with celebrating this road win. Not going to worry about next year right now when they are 5-2 this year. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah, Wilson sucks but that has nothing to do with celebrating this road win. Not going to worry about next year right now when they are 5-2 this year. 

I’m also worried about THIS year, is the thing.  This is the kind of roster that could go on a 2009-esque playoff run if it can get even a little out of the QB position.

But now with Breece hurt and the O having to lean on Zach I could easily see a 3-7 type of collapse coming the rest of the year.  

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Zach had a better stat line this game than Green Bay, but he played much worse this game. This was the kind of stat line I expected, but there should be multiple INTs in there too that he got lucky with. 

Zach was a liability this game. Granted, LaFleur shouldn't have called all those passing plays to begin against the best passing D in the league, but Zach was worse than the D was good. I sure hope I don't see play like this next week, but that's too likely.

Saleh said that this D is very tough and other offenses (I would guess good ones) struggled to score - we scored the most against Denver in Denver and something like second most this year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Regardless of what happens there, what has been built here is promising.  Should Zach falter, another QB should be able to come in here and thrive.  THAT, above all else, matters most for long-term success.  Having the right people in place will keep the Jets in a good position.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I saw a Tweet a few hours ago.  The Breece Hall TD today, he accelerated to around 23 mph, the FASTEST play by ANY RB this year in the NFL.

The Jets FINALLY have their Home Run hitting back.

Let’s all hope for the best. 

He hit a maximum speed of 21.87 mph on the play, the fastest by any ball carrier in the league this season, according to NFL Next Gen Stats.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You think Zach would have lost today if he threw for 300 yards?

No but all I care about is winning, nothing else.

If he leads them to wins I am all for him. Just like I was for a young Sanchez

If that changes I reevaluate my position.

like I said I am fan of wins, no matter how we get them as I have watched too many losses

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m also worried about THIS year, is the thing.  This is the kind of roster that could go on a 2009-esque playoff run if it can get even a little out of the QB position.

But now with Breece hurt and the O having to lean on Zach I could easily see a 3-7 type of collapse coming the rest of the year.  

I dont know what i love more. Your takes or sunshine

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Losing Breece is absolutely brutal.  And who knows if he'll ever be the same again.

• Sympathy 1