<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Good win. It says a lot about the toughness of this team that they can go into a tough environment that they historically have struggled in and come away with the win.

4-0 on the road and 5-2 overall is not something to sneeze at, nor something I anticipated, and it feels pretty good. This defense has taken a dramatic 180 since last year, and has even improved from the beginning of the year.

But, what sours this victory a tad for me, is that we won in spite of Zach Wilson, not because of him. Sure, we had some unfortunate injuries (fingers crossed we can get Breece, AVT, and Davis back as soon as next week) but Zach did just about 0 things that give me hope this week. He was pedestrian at best.

To see the potential that this team has just makes it even more frustrating to see it potentially being held back by a lesser QB. I hope Zach gets his sh*t together soon, because I don't think he should get the entire year if he continues to play at this current level. Personally, I'd be looking at Mike White next, but you know they'd just go with Flacco again.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The Refs tried everything they could to give Denver the win

Honestly, on that last pass, it looked to me like Sauce was tugging and they didn't throw the flag.  I know the announcers said Sutton was doing it too, but there was enough for a flag on Sauce if they wanted to throw it.  I think it was reasonable.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is bull. It's tough to win in Denver and they have a very good defense plus they suffered 3 key injuries. This is absolutely worth celebrating.  

We’re gonna need a new QB1 in 2023.  

That puts a bit of a damper on things for anyone who acknowledges the above statement to be true.

My apologies for thinking “big picture” despite the turnaround for the franchise otherwise.  I am excited about everything other than the QB.  But the latter is pretty important….  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

More relieved than happy 

and now worried about our health

how bad are the injuries..esp the one to Breece

I saw a Tweet a few hours ago.  The Breece Hall TD today, he accelerated to around 23 mph, the FASTEST play by ANY RB this year in the NFL.

The Jets FINALLY have their Home Run hitting back.

Let’s all hope for the best. 

• Upvote 2