Did it look like Garett Wilson was yelling at Saleh?

Jetstream

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

There were open guys immediately in every one of the sacks that Wilson took. He is too indecisive. 

The only thing I try to fall back on is if it’s coaching/Lafleur developing him this way. We know Wilson has the arm talent he’s just awful, worse I’ve ever seen for the arm talent. The OC and QB coach has to take a hit for this. To what extent you have to be in the locker room to know 

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The only thing I try to fall back on is if it’s coaching/Lafleur developing him this way. We know Wilson has the arm talent he’s just awful, worse I’ve ever seen for the arm talent. The OC and QB coach has to take a hit for this. To what extent you have to be in the locker room to know 

The offense has looked acceptable in nearly every other game with other QBs under center.

Zach Wilson is the problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Saleh is doubling down on Zach :(

He is losing the locker room because of it. 

Wilson’s stance at the postgame news conference wasn’t just to spurn the media. Sources inside the Jets’ losing locker room told SNY that Wilson was walking around after the game “like he isn’t the problem.” It rubbed more than a few the wrong way, frustrating several others.

And that was before his words began to spread like wildfire.

If defensive teammates were ticked off before, it’s not going to get any better now.

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

The Bears and Ravens dismantled the Pats defense with Lamar (107 yds, 1 TD) and Fields (82 yds, 1 TD) running all over the place...

I made this ping earlier. This Pats D is good, but very bearable. Zach made them look dominant.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, C Mart said:

Why doesn’t it fit him? 

It's like trying to put a Brett Favre type of player whose strength is throwing downfield into a Mac Jones type of limited player. It doesn't work. Let him throw the ball around and learn when not to pull the trigger. We would have scored more than 3 points and he may have had two turnovers - or he would gain confidence and have the chance to play really well. All of a sudden everyone wants conservative play from the QB because our D is so good and it's hurting the development of a QB because you are handcuffing him. I would let him totally loose against the Bears and if he starts misfiring or turning the ball over you bring in Mike White and start him the following week. The ultimate prize is a Super Bowl. To win one you need both sides to be really good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

GW is one of “us”

Has the balls to say what Saleh won’t

Saleh said the offense was “dogsh-t”

but then he’s asked about the QB and immediately shifts to PVO mollycoddling mode 

It’s transparent and embarrassing 

Can't run a company or team where everyone is held accountable except one person.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

GW is one of “us”

Has the balls to say what Saleh won’t

Saleh said the offense was “dogsh-t”

but then he’s asked about the QB and immediately shifts to PVO mollycoddling mode 

It’s transparent and embarrassing 

GW is emerging as the leader of the offense.  They really need one. 

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It's like trying to put a Brett Favre type of player whose strength is throwing downfield into a Mac Jones type of limited player. It doesn't work. Let him throw the ball around and learn when not to pull the trigger. We would have scored more than 3 points and he may have had two turnovers - or he would gain confidence and have the chance to play really well. All of a sudden everyone wants conservative play from the QB because our D is so good and it's hurting the development of a QB because you are handcuffing him. I would let him totally loose against the Bears and if he starts misfiring or turning the ball over you bring in Mike White and start him the following week. The ultimate prize is a Super Bowl. To win one you need both sides to be really good.

That’s not an O scheme thing. That’s a philosophy thing. And I dont disagree with you.

But because the D is so good, a SB caliber D, they are now trying to win while developing a QB. In NY, with a franchise that hasn’t been in the playoffs 10+ yrs, that’s almost impossible to do. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, genot said:

If Wilson is the QB next week, this is still a dog shi. Organization. Wilson is a bust. Everyone can see that. Playing him, means your not serious about winning. He can't do the basics, thT many 3rd string QB's could do. A total embarrassment

It's also not fair to play Zach against all of the top defenses and then when you get to see him play a softer D you bench him. For what, so he can then come back against Buffalo in Buffalo. You have to see if you can give him some confidence. If he isn't playing well against the Bears then yank him. There is a reason why he is the starter, it's because his talent level is better. Jets fans need him to be great because we have no other option right now.

23 hours ago, Jetstream said:

it's true...can't defend Zach, but who knows Mims makes that catch and maybe the offense gets a rhythm there and has a better drive, day, field position...

really dude? you are trying to say that one dropped pass is the reason zach wilson sucked yesterday? that only id mims would have caught that pass wilson would have been good? lol