Justin Fields

Esquire

9 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Anyone else feel that passing on Justin Fields was a mistake?   Zach just appears to be afraid at times.  He panics.  I hope I'm wrong about this but today was a bad day.

You hope you’re wrong? It’s like saying I hope Santa exists. There are plenty of people here who will try to reinforce that but even they know he doesn’t exist. 

• Upvote 1

I wanted Fields, a lot, but I understand why the Jets went with Wilson.

They wanted an accurate QB who was suited for the WCO, which is what Wilson was supposed to be.

Fields, much as I love watching him, isn't suited for that scheme and needs a system tailored to his running talents to succeed.

Jets weren't prepared to do that, so went with Wilson as the perceived best fit.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else feel that passing on Justin Fields was a mistake?   Zach just appears to be afraid at times.  He panics.  I hope I'm wrong about this but today was a bad day.
Wow... This is a topic truly deserving of a new thread. we already have a stud RB in Hall.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 7:22 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Fields style of play is not sustainable. He’s already hurt. If we were redoing that draft I still wouldn’t take him 

He is so good and his running is so impactful that the team hasn't won a game since week 8. And he's thrown for 200+ yards once in a game where he also threw 2 picks and they lost by 10.

I know the team stinks, but i need to understand what the goal is with him. is it for him to become a legitimate NFL passer? because that's not happening. so they are going to keep running him until the wheels fall off?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

He is so good and his running is so impactful that the team hasn't won a game since week 8. And he's thrown for 200+ yards once in a game where he also threw 2 picks and they lost by 10.

I know the team stinks, but i need to understand what the goal is with him. is it for him to become a legitimate NFL passer? because that's not happening. so they are going to keep running him until the wheels fall off?

Can everyone stop this nonsense and just admit the 2021 qb draft was Lawrence and trash?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets choices at QB to run the Shanahan offense were Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones and....Darnold (with alot more players around him).

At this point, the best choice of those five was Darnold.  This was right under JD's nose.  

The right choice was right under their nose the whole time — MW.

They also could’ve had Minshew for less draft capital than they spent in the Flacco panic trade because they had no confidence in the man mentioned above.

• Post of the Week 1