MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This has a silver lining. He didn’t get to show enough that he belonged so maybe he signs a friendly backup type deal with the Jets for 2 years but still gets a fair shot at starting. He has the worst luck but he’s gotta be more durable then that. I think he may come back at a reasonable price and the Jets can always draft a mid-round QB to develop. What a shame though. JD really messed up not signing this guy to a backup deal sooner but maybe it’ll work out now. 

I think he's a goner in the offseason.  Agree that he needs to improve his durability / self-preservation tactics.

But hope you're right and he returns to the team.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if he would have protected himself better if he didn’t think every down was going to be his last one as a starter. Heard Randy Mueller talking about that with backups—they play balls out because they know they’re not going to get a lot of chances, which makes them popular in the room, but doesn’t help them long term. The play he got wrecked by Milano on was dead on arrival, but he’s still trying to get the ball off. 

So he’s thinking about his contract?

I mean with Zach inactive and Flacco backing up, isn’t it more important to survive the play than “check a box”? 

• More Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if he would have protected himself better if he didn’t think every down was going to be his last one as a starter. Heard Randy Mueller talking about that with backups—they play balls out because they know they’re not going to get a lot of chances, which makes them popular in the room, but doesn’t help them long term. The play he got wrecked by Milano on was dead on arrival, but he’s still trying to get the ball off. 

This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread.  I'm sure he's naturally tough but he also has no choice. 

When it's your dream and you've been cut 5 times and saw Flacco ahead of you as backup earlier in the year you play like your life depends on it. 

Makes it easy to root for the kid. Doesn't necessarily make him a franchise QB. Hopefully he gets another shot.

• Upvote 1

If nothing else MW guaranteed himself at least 10 years in the NFL as a backup with the few games he started. Colt McCoy has made over $24M over his 13 year career as a backup.

Good QB backups seem to have more longevity than top 5 draft pick busts (not saying that Zach is a bust).

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

I mean with Zach inactive and Flacco backing up, isn’t it more important to survive the play than “check a box”? 

He knew he was one or 2 bad games away from zach wilson coming back in.  He knows his leash with the Jets or any other team he goes to will be short. 

He was right as evidenced by jets making Wilson the starter over Flacco and Strev. It was alway week to week. He was never named QB for rest of year. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s thinking about trying to make a play on each of the indeterminate amount of snaps he has left to do so. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread.  I'm sure he's naturally tough but he also has no choice. 

When it's your dream and you've been cut 5 times and saw Flacco ahead of you as backup earlier in the year you play like your life depends on it. 

Makes it easy to root for the kid. Doesn't necessarily make him a franchise QB. Hopefully he gets another shot.

+1. The way he sits in the pocket just invites brutal hits. Even the good traditional pocket passers will fade a bit so their momentum is going backwards when the DLs inevitably break through. White is always going forward, which is career suicide. 

• Upvote 2

What happened to the idea that the QB is now being protected more than ever? How can there not be ONE SINGLE roughing the passer called against Jets opponents all season and we get flagged for hitting guys like Mac Jones "too hard"? I mean WTF is with this crooked league anyway? How come there's one set of rules for the so-called elite teams and another for the up and comers like the Jets? As for Mike needs to protect himself better? How about the CS putting players in there who are good pass blockers instead of 5;8: scat backs who don't even slow the pass rusher down a bit?where are the safety outlets Mr. OC?

2 hours ago, Larz said:

As long as he’s trying to complete passes, don’t particularly care what he’s thinking about. The alternative is Zach turning his back towards the receivers and running around only to throw a low percentage pass. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

As long as he’s trying to complete passes, don’t particularly care what he’s thinking about. The alternative is Zach turning his back towards the receivers and running around only to throw a low percentage pass. 

Zach improved that for the most part. 

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s on the Jets/Saleh for never truly getting behind him. Always lukewarm. Blood on their hands for creating this do-or-LITERALLY-die situation even though he’s so CLEARLY the best QB on the roster. Sad, really. He should get his job back or the Jets will be a pariah. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

MW is everywhere this week. Helping kids on a shopping spree in Brooklyn, attending a Broadway play. Also managed to practice and sling the ball. All the while he’s got this supposed catastrophic, life threatening, uber painful ribs injury. Sorry, I don’t trust the jets AT ALL in this situation. Something stinks. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

What happened to the idea that the QB is now being protected more than ever? How can there not be ONE SINGLE roughing the passer called against Jets opponents all season and we get flagged for hitting guys like Mac Jones "too hard"? I mean WTF is with this crooked league anyway? How come there's one set of rules for the so-called elite teams and another for the up and comers like the Jets? As for Mike needs to protect himself better? How about the CS putting players in there who are good pass blockers instead of 5;8: scat backs who don't even slow the pass rusher down a bit?where are the safety outlets Mr. OC?

Mike White isn’t in the protected class of NFL quarterbacks. That’s it. 

18 hours ago, Larz said:

yeah we need to prepare and play a guy one hit from the hospital.  That’s really smart. 

18 hours ago, Larz said:

shocked golden retriever GIF

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2022 at 1:29 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

On 12/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, T0mShane said:

+1. The way he sits in the pocket just invites brutal hits. Even the good traditional pocket passers will fade a bit so their momentum is going backwards when the DLs inevitably break through. White is always going forward, which is career suicide. 

These

• Upvote 1

I want the Jets to cut or trade Zach Wilson re-sign Mike White trade for or sign another QB who challenges White for the starting job. Unlike the thought out there that White isn't "durable enough" and that he needs to bulk up I don't agree with either one of those. What the Jets need to bulk up is the offensive line. They need to draft the best guard, center or tackle that is available to them in the middle of the pack when they pick. I still believe that White could be the franchise quarterback here

The Jets need to play him the next two games for the benefit of both parties.  The organization needs to know whether he is worth pursuing and what price point he needs to be pursued at.  I think that is a grey area at this point.  

His benefit is obvious.  He’s almost guaranteed at the very least a back up contract from most teams in the league.  The last two games can be the difference in whether he earns a shot to compete for a starting gig here or elsewhere.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I want the Jets to cut or trade Zach Wilson re-sign Mike White trade for or sign another QB who challenges White for the starting job. Unlike the thought out there that White isn't "durable enough" and that he needs to bulk up I don't agree with either one of those. What the Jets need to bulk up is the offensive line. They need to draft the best guard, center or tackle that is available to them in the middle of the pack when they pick. I still believe that White could be the franchise quarterback here

A lot of the problems with the o Line is can be attributed to Zach his pocket

presence , uneven drops, inability to read the defense contribute to his poor

protection. Listen to Scott and Colon and learn about his rudimentary knowledge

in using the pocket is a major factor  for ZW sack problems

• Upvote 1