MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Even Mike Greenberg seems to think that there is something down below that nobody knows about that Zach Wilson has done or said to make him a persona non grata in that locker room amongst his teammates. This is something so egregious that we may never find out what it is until he's OFF the Jets or out of the league altogether.

Wilson has definitely behind the scenes had a meltdown.  You don’t parade the #2 overall pick in the draft who was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers but better in pajamas on the sidelines on gameday unless he did something interpersonally really bad 

I could give a sh t. Wilson is a bust and the worst qb on the roster and the Zach cucks get to see it on display again on the field if White gets injured

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Wilson has definitely behind the scenes had a meltdown.  You don’t parade the #2 overall pick in the draft who was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers but better in pajamas on the sidelines on gameday unless he did something interpersonally really bad 

I could give a sh t. Wilson is a bust and the worst qb on the roster and the Zach cucks get to see it on display again on the field if White gets injured

I tend to agree with one exception VJ, IF..... now I say IIIIIIIIIFFFFFFF IF for some God forsaken reason we have to see Zach Wilson playing in green and white again I would hope he goes in there and plays the position as great as Mike White plays it AND that he helps the Jets win. IF (there's that word again) IF that happens then I would hope that in 2023 that there is a true and honest QB competition between both players or the other guys we either draft or bring in-no more of this "annointing someone the starting job" based solely on where they were drafted.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Even Mike Greenberg seems to think that there is something down below that nobody knows about that Zach Wilson has done or said to make him a persona non grata in that locker room amongst his teammates. This is something so egregious that we may never find out what it is until he's OFF the Jets or out of the league altogether.

Greenberg said there was no reason he could think of why ZW was inactive.  Therefore, he determined that ZW must've really done something egregious.

Jake Asman covered why though.  He said the CS said they wanted ZW to work on his flaws rather than worrying about that week's opponent.   That's why he was inactive for 3 weeks.  That theory makes perfect sense to me. 

I don't even think the locker room dislikes ZW, btw.  (I think that's coming from fans/analysts who are looking to pile on the guy.  NGL, it's fun and I do it sometimes too).   I do think the locker room loves MW though.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JiFields said:

Sure, but there were a lot of us who also liked Becton over Wirfs because LT > RT and Becton did have a very promising rookie season, so some of this is revisionist history.  And I'm quite confident but havent confirmed this but Bit was defending the OL last year (rightfully so) and it's the same unit w/ supposed upgrades (before injuries) so I think this conversation is a bit dramatic, nobody was complaining about the OL when they were healthy and mashing for Hall.  They're banged up and had a bad game vs. a good Buffalo team, it happens but acting like last week is a reflection of their entire performance this year again is just recency reactionary stuff.  A few weeks ago we're praising the job JD did on the OL w/ the depth he's created, so dont get carried w/ one of Bit's passionate misplaced takes, there a treasure, for sure but be careful! 

That's a valid argument as well. I didn't say I agreed 100% with Bit's statement, but there is some validity to his argument. 

• Upvote 1

Of course they are going to let him be the back up. It's logical let the kid keep some face.
Mike white wont let him see the field. Mike white isplaying  better than half the qbs in the league and Zach can't even throw a check down pass.
Mike White leaves game with injury ... Gets abducted in ambulance by Ghost of Wally Pipp ... Could happen

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I tend to agree with one exception VJ, IF..... now I say IIIIIIIIIFFFFFFF IF for some God forsaken reason we have to see Zach Wilson playing in green and white again I would hope he goes in there and plays the position as great as Mike White plays it AND that he helps the Jets win. IF (there's that word again) IF that happens then I would hope that in 2023 that there is a true and honest QB competition between both players or the other guys we either draft or bring in-no more of this "annointing someone the starting job" based solely on where they were drafted.  

There will be a qb competition but it will be White and either a Vet we bring in or another developmental draft pick qb

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Randy Mueller (long time GM) thinks someone is going to offer White starter money. Loves his game. Starts at 15:30.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000590253176

Too many teams need a qb and the last couple qb draft classes are scaring GMs off overhyped college qbs

4 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Too many teams need a qb and the last couple qb draft classes are scaring GMs off overhyped college qbs

About Mike White being starter ready:

I believe so too Veej, After watching the way he played the position after seeing him in limited action last year, it's not too hard to see that just by the way the kid takes the snap, drops back, stands tall in the pocket, surveys the field and then fires the ball accurately anyone who has either played some QB or watched the beast at the position for over 50 years, there's not a whole lot of difference between what I first saw back in 1966 from the likes of Bart Starr, Don Meredith, Lenny Dawson, Daryl Lamonica John Hadl, Joe Namath and Johnny Unitas to  watching the way that Tom Brady the Manning brothers and Mike White do the same type of things, The game has changed a lot the rules are much more QB-friendly but not the way the position is ultimately played. Go and dig up some of the first five of six Super Bowls and watch how the QBs operate-it's the exact same as it is now.

Zach is playing the game a lot more like Joe Kapp and Fran Tarkenton played it but with much less a degree of success.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Randy Mueller (long time GM) thinks someone is going to offer White starter money. Loves his game. Starts at 15:30.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000590253176

i dont know about starter money but i think White will get a offer worth more than we are willing to pay

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

thing that scares me is that Zach is really good when he has a red shirt on and cant get hit. he fools everyone into thinking he is a #1 QB

The chances of Zach Wilson playing well if he gets in the game is roughly zero, so it’s not a concern. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

thing that scares me is that Zach is really good when he has a red shirt on and cant get hit. he fools everyone into thinking he is a #1 QB

This is honestly my biggest concern with Zach.  I'm not even sure it's a football IQ thing...because that will eventually come.

My real concern is that he simply panics when pressure comes and his footwork falls apart or he bails.  In other words pressure scares him - and it just feels like that type of thing needs to be innate and can't be taught.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Since Hall has been out the offense hasn't controlled the line of scrimage and there's been more pressure on the QB to carry the offense so Wilson isn't going to be able to complete a few 8 yard slants and win games....Wilson is completely exposed now he's not going to be able to fool anyone....there's also not many people left to make excuses for him they have mostly turned on him.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is honestly my biggest concern with Zach.  I'm not even sure it's a football IQ thing...because that will eventually come.

My real concern is that he simply panics when pressure comes and his footwork falls apart or he bails.  In other words pressure scares him - and it just feels like that type of thing needs to be innate and can't be taught.  

Biggest concern with him as a prospect - he wasn’t pressured.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's a concern with many of these high end guys...they're on dominant teams that don't get pressured.

Trevor Lawrence, Fields - same story.  You just don't know.

Agreed. But he’s also not playing against guys he’s going to be lining up against in the pros like those two were. The competition was the other big concern. Maybe we get a miracle out of this.

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agree 100% I’m sure NFL rushers are not more intimidating than what he faced at BYU. White focus is on downfield and like most tough qbs, Will throw to their target accurately knowing they are going to get popped right after they do. Wilson takes too long to read, and doesn’t have a quick release. Some qbs just get raddled with NFL pressure. And the quick reads punish the rushers if can get off quick.