MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Tannenbaum was speculating 3 years/$45 million. 

15 mil a year. that makes sense. now if White doesnt kill it this year i dont think we pay that much for a backup that will make more than Zach. but if hes good and we think he get be #1 next year thats a bargin

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Randy Mueller (long time GM) thinks someone is going to offer White starter money. Loves his game. Starts at 15:30.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000590253176

Why did you post this!?!?

Now I’ve gotta have nightmares of Sean Payton teaming up with Mike White somewhere and shredding us every single time he plays us. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

15 mil a year. that makes sense. now if White doesnt kill it this year i dont think we pay that much for a backup that will make more than Zach. but if hes good and we think he get be #1 next year thats a bargin

You can hear in Tannenbaum’s and Mueller’s reasoning the raw desperation GM’s experience in trying to secure non-train-wreck QBs. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agree 100% I’m sure NFL rushers are not more intimidating than what he faced at BYU. White focus is on downfield and like most tough qbs, Will throw to their target accurately knowing they are going to get popped right after they do. Wilson takes too long to read, and doesn’t have a quick release. Some qbs just get raddled with NFL pressure. And the quick reads punish the rushers if can get off quick.

Wilson doesn’t have a quick release?  

13 hours ago, doitny said:

i dont know about starter money but i think White will get a offer worth more than we are willing to pay

Brock Osweiler got a big contract for looking sorta decent for 4-5 games a few years ago.  If White even gets us within a week 17 win or go home scenario I can see him getting paid by someone 

Brock Osweiler got a big contract for looking sorta decent for 4-5 games a few years ago.  If White even gets us within a week 17 win or go home scenario I can see him getting paid by someone 
Totally agree .. White has shown enough that someone should take a flyer if they don't have a QB. At minimum he will compete here during summer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

MFW needs to work on moving within the pocket.  Most QB's, even statue Brady, avoid that hit regularly with a side step.  The blitzer came from middle linebacker, in plain view of MFW.

Getting creamed is not good QB'ing.

If he can improve that, we got something.  He's got balls of steel.

• Upvote 1

This has a silver lining. He didn’t get to show enough that he belonged so maybe he signs a friendly backup type deal with the Jets for 2 years but still gets a fair shot at starting. He has the worst luck but he’s gotta be more durable then that. I think he may come back at a reasonable price and the Jets can always draft a mid-round QB to develop. What a shame though. JD really messed up not signing this guy to a backup deal sooner but maybe it’ll work out now. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why would I root for that to happen? I don't really care who starts, I just wanna fn win and get in the playoffs. 

Then you maybe shouldn't be asking if this is the conclusion of the MW era, because he's our best shot at the playoffs this year and perhaps even next year, too.