Zach starting Sunday (merged)

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

You have no idea what he's like - nor do I. There is zero account that his teammates don't like Zach - they just didn't like his play. It clearly makes you happy to bash him. He had one ill fated setup question by a reporter he doesn't like when he was pissed and later apologized to the team for it. I prefer to cheer him and hope he helps the team win, which he has done against all the tough defenses. The easiest pass defenses we've played were Chicago and Minnesota where he would have had his best games - not a leap there, just common sense projection. All the other defenses he played against were top 10 in the league. Minnesota was 28th against the pass and Chicago I believe was 32nd. That's the major difference. And oh yeah, he only lost to the Pats - that's it. Calling out someone personally that you don't know in the least bit is beyond ludicrous. Wanting the #2 overall pick to be successful for your favorite team is as normal as it gets.

"Yawn"...he still sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Anyone hoping/thinking Wilson magically became a good QB in a couple of weeks?

dream on GIF

Exactly. The only hope for Boy Band was to have a real chance to shut it down and come back in the offseason. This start might about doom his future.

For those thinking ZW might never be the future, and wanting the team to move on from him, this might be just what they need. It might not help Jets Playoff Chances, but might put the nail in ZWs coffin. If he plays like a head case, Saleh is going to have a hard time preaching . . . "let's just wait until next year," Jets need a QB ready to make a playoff run by training camp.

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

And Tua went on IR with broken ribs last year. As did Drew Brees the year before. Mike Vick missed multiple games with broken ribs the same year as the above Romo story. It’s really not that hard to find instances of QBs missing time from broken ribs. It’s almost as if different people can have different injuries.

Brees broke 8 ribs,  Vick broke 2 Ribs, Tua came out immediately after getting hurt.   

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

And back then players regularly played with concussions. You want to blame anyone blame the players association and the NFL. If there wasn't fear of lawsuits I'm sure team trainers and doctors would happily look the other way. 

Did Justin Herbert miss any time with his fractured ribs this season?

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They shouldn't boo Wilson. They should find thy box JD and the front office are hiding in and boo him. 

Wilson should be held accountable for his mistakes. If he plays well, cheer, if he plays poorly, boo. We pay good money to this team for entertainment, when players don't deliver it's our right to boo them.

Not like they are gonna pay us back for their poor performances.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Wilson should be held accountable for his mistakes. If he plays well, cheer, if he plays poorly, boo. We pay good money to this team for entertainment, when players don't deliver it's our right to boo them.

Not like they are gonna pay us back for their poor performances.

Just don't  breathe too heavy, I don't want the wind speed to jump too high

• Haha 2

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Wait the guy who everyone calls a twink, Fragile,  wussy...... he would be cleared to play with broken ribs. Do you realize how contradictory that sounds. 

Jesus Christ, I give up. I can't have a conversation with you. It's like talking to my 4 yr old daughter.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Brees broke 8 ribs,  Vick broke 2 Ribs, Tua came out immediately after getting hurt.   

Mike White broke multiple ribs as well. And you have no idea which ones or where. And Mike White also came out immediately after getting hurt. Twice. And had to go to the hospital after the game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Mike White broke multiple ribs as well. And you have no idea which ones or where. And Mike White also came out immediately after getting hurt. Twice. And had to go to the hospital after the game.

Plus didn't we see him wincing in pain on the field on multiple occasions.  Either he's a good actor or the guy was seriously hurting. Again we can't question his toughness but everyone wondering why he can't play obviously never had broken ribs. 

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Tua never came back in. Tua and the other QBs I mentioned were ruled out immediately for the next week. 

The big problem I have is that the severity of this injury was known to the medical staff, Jets front office and coaches by the latest Wednesday. Why after knowing the severity did the doctors clear him for practice knowing that he could never be cleared for the game? People can play through broken ribs, it comes down to pain tolerance and their ability to breathe. If the scan showed on Wednesday that bc of the location of the injury White wouldn't be able to play bc of a risk of an internal organ being damaged then why did they wait till Friday to release that info? And why did they clear him for practice on Wednesday? Wednesday and Thursday Saleh and White were talking like they were very confident he would play. They had to have known the severity and location of the injury by Thursday.

The reason why this all suddenly changed is bc the injury is an excuse to start Wilson and the front office dictated to Saleh that Wilson needed to start this week. They're using the injury as cover to avoid the backlash from media, players and fans. 

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means but the whole way the HC and front office have handled this stinks like a rotting corpse. This is about JD's pride right now, not about the success of the team. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Tua never came back in. Tua and the other QBs I mentioned were ruled out immediately for the next week. 

The big problem I have is that the severity of this injury was known to the medical staff, Jets front office and coaches by the latest Wednesday. Why after knowing the severity did the doctors clear him for practice knowing that he could never be cleared for the game? People can play through broken ribs, it comes down to pain tolerance and their ability to breathe. If the scan showed on Wednesday that bc of the location of the injury White wouldn't be able to play bc of a risk of an internal organ being damaged then why did they wait till Friday to release that info? And why did they clear him for practice on Wednesday? Wednesday and Thursday Saleh and White were talking like they were very confident he would play. They had to have known the severity and location of the injury by Thursday.

The reason why this all suddenly changed is bc the injury is an excuse to start Wilson and the front office dictated to Saleh that Wilson needed to start this week. They're using the injury as cover to avoid the backlash from media, players and fans. 

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means but the whole way the HC and front office have handled this stinks like a rotting corpse. This is about JD's pride right now, not about the success of the team. 

Well since we are doing the tinfoil hat thing, this also could be a bit of a nudge from the league. I don't think there is a realistic  possibility  that MW is cleared for Thursday and isn't  this a bit convenient for the league to have Lawrence and Zach playing against each other? 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why would it be great that Zach played awesome in a must win game and made Sherman have to squirm? Not sure why this needs to be explained to a Jets fan.

What I was saying is Sherman was accurate. Would it be great for Zach to light it up. It would be great. It would also be a effin miracle.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well since we are doing the tinfoil hat thing, this also could be a bit of a nudge from the league. I don't think there is a realistic  possibility  that MW is cleared for Thursday and isn't  this a bit convenient for the league to have Lawrence and Zach playing against each other? 

Seriously outside of fans of the team and avid gabmlers/ fantasy players who really watches thu night football. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

True. Still would be epic for Zach to make Sherman squirm on prime time after a glorious victory that extended our playoff chances.

Why would Sherman Squirm? He was one of the best at his position while playing.  Zach’s not even one of the best 32 at his position currently playing. Nothing good would ever come from Zach trying to make Sherman squirm (re: Skip Bayless and Sherman). I mean, christ, Zach isn’t even the Skip Bayless of QBs.      

• Upvote 1