Zach starting Sunday (merged)

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

We all know what's about to happen...

Zach goes 16-28 for 170.  Rushes for 35 yards and a TD.  Wilson and Moore combine for 3 catches.

Jets pull out a low scoring, tough  but ugly victory behind their defense and Zuerlein.   

Mike White stays on the bench.

Question - in that scenario are you happy ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Like I said, we have seen the last of Mike White in a Jets uniform. He will either be traded or lost in a free agency bidding war in March if the Jets choose to really screw this up. We're gonna be stuck watching this punk ass PoFS for the next few years and talking about who we're gonna be drafting by Halloween again every year-really sad state of affairs.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Question - in that scenario are you happy ? 

Trick question. I'm never happy. 

But no, how could you be happy getting stuck in limbo with more mediocre at best Zach Wilson play? I'll be happy if he comes out, throws 2 or 3 TDS, looks confident in his reads, and is comfortable in the pocket. 

• Upvote 1

mike white. basically 1st and goal from the 19 yard line in Minnesota for the win. 2 incompletions and 2 interceptions. the 1st one was dropped. in the end, he didnt do much to win the game

Agreed, he had his awesome moments in both games along with some poor moments, but it’s not like he drove the team down the field at the end of each game to win. Especially, the Vikings game, posters cant admit it cause of their obsession with White. They cherry pick his highs, but leave out the lows. Cooper Rush was 4-1 as starter of the Cowboys, just sayin and Purdy is 2-0.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

How am I wrong, explain. How do most find if something is broken. Did they cut him open on Monday to see it? Sonogram? Explain for us non medical folks.

Many posts are already in this thread explaining it.

And others have posted they personally had xrays where the break wasn't detected when taken until the xray was reviewed by technicians days later. Myself included

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Many posts are already in this thread explaining it.
And others have posted they personally had xrays where the break wasn't detected when taken until the xray was reviewed by technicians days later. Myself included

I also suspect, when he went back in the game, he may have further injured himself.

• Upvote 1

What difference would it make if the 9th, 10th, or 15th doctor “cleared” him if, as alleged, the Jets doctors didn’t?

I’m guessing, he could at least provoked a conversation amongst doctors and maybe he would of got the green light. As I mentioned, not into the conspiracy theories and don’t care if he saw 1 million doctors, the truth as admitted by White is a fractured rib and he was not cleared by several doctors. It’s not on the Jets, it’s his health which is keeping him out of the game.

The league needs stars.

The old guard has been moving on P. Manning, E. Manning, B. Roethlisberger, P Rivers. Soon to be done Rodgers, Brady and R WIlson. What do they have up and coming? Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow? 

Possible stars moving forward Tua, Herbert, Prescott, Hurts? What does the league have to offer in star power. The QB is the face of the NFL, they always have been. They want Zach and Trevor to be stars, White just does not do it for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I look at this two ways,
1 Zack finally pulls his head out of his backside and plays like the QB we thought he was when we drafted him #2

2 He is what he has always been and what we have all watched over the last two seasons, and these last 4 games , if he plays them all, puts the final nail in his career as a Jets QB

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What difference would it make if the 9th, 10th, or 15th doctor “cleared” him if, as alleged, the Jets doctors didn’t?

As Saleh pointed out in the press conference, NFL players routinely seek out second and third opinions to find an opinion they like. (See Osemle)

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I’m guessing, he could at least provoked a conversation amongst doctors and maybe he would of got the green light. As I mentioned, not into the conspiracy theories and don’t care if he saw 1 million doctors, the truth as admitted by White is a fractured rib and he was not cleared by several doctors. It’s not on the Jets, it’s his health which is keeping him out of the game.

I’m not asking you to buy into a conspiracy, I’m illustrating that there was a subjective space between playing Mike White or benching Mike White and the Jets org opted to bench Mike White, the rationale of which we’re discussing here. I would suggest that credulously taking the Jets word on any of this is, as we’ve seen, not your best move.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

The league needs stars.

The old guard has been moving on P. Manning, E. Manning, B. Roethlisberger, P Rivers. Soon to be done Rodgers, Brady and R WIlson. What do they have up and coming? Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow? 

Possible stars moving forward Tua, Herbert, Prescott, Hurts? What does the league have to offer in star power. The QB is the face of the NFL, they always have been. They want Zach and Trevor to be stars, White just does not do it for them.

So now this is coming from the NFL to play ZW and sit White?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

We all know what's about to happen...

Zach goes 16-28 for 170.  Rushes for 35 yards and a TD.  Wilson and Moore combine for 3 catches.

Jets pull out a low scoring, tough  but ugly victory behind their defense and Zuerlein.   

Mike White stays on the bench.

Yup. The absolute worst case scenario, minus the win. Except it’s an NFC team so it’s less  impactful.

Then we get Zach vs Trevor and we all know how that will go. Fate sealed.

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

The league needs stars.

That doesn't make any sense. 

Mike White is MUCH closer to being a star right now than Zach Wilson is because he's shown himself to be a much better QB  (make sure to listen for the "MyQuite" Chants on Sunday and tell me how mnay "Zach Wilson" chants you hear)

Mike White actually has a lot of this fanbase PUMPED - he just apparently has the worst injury luck

• Upvote 1

I’ve been under a rock working for last 5 hours. WTF????? This sucks!!!!! At this point. I have no rooting interest of who the QB is. My option has been taken away. So let’s go out. Win these fukin games. Sort this mess out later. Come Sunday. I will be rooting hard for Zach to ball out. We need to WIN

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not asking you to buy into a conspiracy, I’m illustrating that there was a subjective space between playing Mike White or benching Mike White and the Jets org opted to bench Mike White, the rationale of which we’re discussing here. I would suggest that credulously taking the Jets word on any of this is, as we’ve seen, not your best move.

I think the jets realize they put white in jeopardy when they threw him back into the bills game b/c they were desperate to win.  Now there’s a problem if they trot him out and he punctures an organ.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Yup. The absolute worst case scenario, minus the win. Except it’s an NFC team so we’re still alive.

Then we get Zach vs Trevor and we all know how that will go. Fate sealed.

I thought the Jets beat Jax last yr the day after xmas.....

46 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The fracture would have shown up on the X-ray at the stadium. He should have never been let back on the field. This is grandstanding to get Zach back in for the big Thursday night game against Lawrence.

You can play with fractured ribs, this wrong. 
Remember Herbert playing with cracked ribs?  

White has a fractured rib and multiple doctors have not cleared him to play, that’s not on the Jets, it’s on the injury and the doctors. The Jets have nothing to do with the decision. The timing to me seems like gamesmanship and a Friday Dump ad I think the Jets knew since the beginning of the week White was not cleared to play. Furthermore, I suspect when he went back into the game, he further injured himself. Taking the Jets word, at times, is murky at best, but not when it comes to a potential severe injury. There’s no way doctors/ The Jets are selling the fans a bill of goods to start Wilson. Ribs take at least 6 weeks to heal, I went through it, a sneeze feels like death, can only imagine getting hit by an NFL player.

• Upvote 1