Zach starting Sunday (merged)

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/tony-romo-played-through-broken-rib-punctured-lung/

"Tony Romo’s late-game heroics in San Francisco Sunday came while he was playing in serious pain.

Romo reportedly suffered both a fractured rib and a punctured lung against the 49ers.

Although Romo left the game for most of the third quarter, he returned and played brilliantly in the fourth quarter and overtime as the Cowboys went from down 24-14 to winning 27-24.

The injury apparently came in the third play of the game, when 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks hit Romo. But Romo managed to play through the rest of the first half before eventually getting a painkilling injection and sitting out the third quarter while waiting for it to take effect.

Romo finished the game completing 20 of 33 passes for 345 yards and two touchdowns.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he expects Romo to play next Monday night against the Redskins."

And Romo did play the following week with a fractured rib and a punctured lung. This idea that White couldn't get clearance to play is absurd. It's a great cover story for everyone involved. 

And Tua went on IR with broken ribs last year. As did Drew Brees the year before. Mike Vick missed multiple games with broken ribs the same year as the above Romo story. It’s really not that hard to find instances of QBs missing time from broken ribs. It’s almost as if different people can have different injuries.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, because White was the driving force behind that 1-2 record.  Solid take!

Zach Wilson almost single-handedly lost both Patriots games for this team.  If he plays poorly (likely) and fails to at least earn a split against Detroit/Jacksonville, us missing the playoffs falls on his lap, not White's.  

Yep he roughed the passer negating a big defensive td. He also missed a key tackle on the patriots punt return.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

the last pats game i saw GW, Moore and Brown throw up there hands in discuss after bad plays by Zach. god knows how many others did that the cameras didnt catch. you dont do that after one bad game, you do that after you have been frustrated with a players play for weeks. 

lets see how many times it happens this week after he air mails screen passes.

The Pats players were doing the same with Mac Jones, if you don't recall there were no tds scored until the Punt return, conditions were that bad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Steelers, Dolphins and Packers, too?

Against good defenses (DEN, BUF, NE) he is 2-2

on the other side of the field, the Jet D/ST gave up 10 pts to GB, 9 to DEN, and 10 to NE, yet Kapono only went 2-1 in those games 

Any idea how hard it is to lose a game when the team gives up 10 points or less?

Check the scores across the NFL this season

I think the only other team to lose when they gave up 10 pts or fewer this season is the pathetic Broncos losing 10-9 to the Ravens

And White went against two of the worst passing D's in the league in Minn and Chicago. He  ended up 1-1 throwing no tds against Minn who have been torched by every opposing qb this year. 

• Upvote 1

He meant that about teams, not individuals.  
But keep going with the kindergarten-level analysis.  It’s entertaining!

I apply it to QB’s as well, White is 1-2 this season and 2-4 overall the past 2 seasons. Not exactly racking up the wins, he has twice as many losses as wins, can’t blame others all the time, the QB holds a lot of weight in the win/loss department.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Haha, once again, you don’t respond to any points. I could care less if you think you won an argument (which you didnt) this is a Jets fan site where fans give their opinions and thoughts as to situations they choose to. Not a malicious person by any stretch of the imagination. But if your going to post your opinions, then posters like myself and others have the right to disagree, agree or make any other points. Unlike you and others, I refuse to name call and put people down, rather have a healthy discourse conversation. You on the other hand, deflect and warrant your opinions as factual. It’s called acting like an adult

You’re doing “i know you are, but what am I” and saying it’s acting like an adult.

Animated GIF

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Why did the coaches decide to bench him then? Mac Jones didn’t get benched.

My speculation is in the Monday meeting after the game zach showed Saleh that he needed to be humbled and Saleh cooked up the footwork story. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/tony-romo-played-through-broken-rib-punctured-lung/

"Tony Romo’s late-game heroics in San Francisco Sunday came while he was playing in serious pain.

Romo reportedly suffered both a fractured rib and a punctured lung against the 49ers.

Although Romo left the game for most of the third quarter, he returned and played brilliantly in the fourth quarter and overtime as the Cowboys went from down 24-14 to winning 27-24.

The injury apparently came in the third play of the game, when 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks hit Romo. But Romo managed to play through the rest of the first half before eventually getting a painkilling injection and sitting out the third quarter while waiting for it to take effect.

Romo finished the game completing 20 of 33 passes for 345 yards and two touchdowns.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he expects Romo to play next Monday night against the Redskins."

And Romo did play the following week with a fractured rib and a punctured lung. This idea that White couldn't get clearance to play is absurd. It's a great cover story for everyone involved. 

And back then players regularly played with concussions. You want to blame anyone blame the players association and the NFL. If there wasn't fear of lawsuits I'm sure team trainers and doctors would happily look the other way. 

You’re doing “i know you are, but what am I” and saying it’s acting like an adult.
200.gif

Your sweating a QB who is 2-4 overall and 1-2 the last 3 games. It’s as if White is not subjected to his play being discussed. When the White guys hear the truth about some of his poor play/record, they have no response other than name calling and countering with lame comments, usually non football related.

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

But you sure are talented in the let me try to make YOU look bad game-pretending not to be malicious while being a jerk  so above it all with this superior intellect that you think you possess 

That statement could apply to  a fair amount of posters here. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My speculation is in the Monday meeting after the game zach showed Saleh that he needed to be humbled and Saleh cooked up the footwork story. 

Let’s face it, Zach deserved to benched due to his play the previous game. White came in and played great against the lowly bears at home, but the last 2 games couldn’t muster a TD, had sub par 1st half’s and didn’t lead the team to victory. If he didn’t get hurt, then he starts the next week or two. But no wins in lions/jags White would of sat. Coaches need to win any way they can and I doubt White would of got the last 2 games if he lost these 2 upcoming.

1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Your sweating a QB who is 2-4 overall and 1-2 the last 3 games. It’s as if White is not subjected to his play being discussed. When the White guys hear the truth about some of his poor play/record, they have no response other than name calling and countering with lame comments, usually non football related.

You’re changing the subject again. Next, you accuse me of doing it.

Spongebob Squarepants Drooling GIF by Nickelodeon

17 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I apply it to QB’s as well, White is 1-2 this season and 2-4 overall the past 2 seasons. Not exactly racking up the wins, he has twice as many losses as wins, can’t blame others all the time, the QB holds a lot of weight in the win/loss department.

Explain how Wilson heavily contributed to the wins and White heavily contributed to the losses then.  Let’s see your logic skills on full display. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

and your sweating the worst QB in the NFL. 

if you think being 5-2 is what matters like i said in the other post. Bench Knight and Fant cause they have losing records and start Fenney and Carter. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Why did the coaches decide to bench him then? Mac Jones didn’t get benched.

He's been benched this year for playing poorly just like Zach has. I can admit Zach hasn't been good in all games  but those looking at the Pats game in Foxboro as a measuring stick are overlooking some pretty bad conditions.  

• Ugh 1

and Bam Knight is 0-2 as a starter. we should bench him too?
Fant is 1-4. bench ?
you can have Fenney start instead. he is undefeated at 1-0

Completely different, football teams are centered on the QB and there’s no disputing that. Through the course of a game, positional players are rotated, benched (as the case with Mitchell for ineffectiveness)but they don’t impact the game as a QB can. I hate him, but there’s a reason Brady is the Goat. If your building a team from scratch: who are selecting in their prime: Brady, Emmit Smith, Jerry Rice? It’s not even close, it’s Brady. Hence why teams are always in search of franchise QB’s and teams who have them Beverly let them go until their inneffective.

Explain how Wilson heavily contributed to the wins and White heavily contributed to the losses then.  Let’s see your logic skills on full display. 

Pittsburgh- Led 4th Q comeback to win the game, the game was in Pittsburgh which is a tough place to play.
Fins- Posted a 99.3 rating, did enough to pull the team ahead and the game became a laugher late.
Packers- Didn’t turn the ball over in terrible conditions, hit Davis deep which led to a TD and put the jets ahead 10-3
Broncos- Arguably the toughest place to play in the NFL, posted a 61% CP, against at the time one of the toughest D in the NFL in there house. Escaped the rush, run for some yards and made a handful of completions to extend a few drives to win the game.
Pats Game 1: His picks were killers and led to the L, although he threw for 355 and 2 TD’s, can’t win with 3 picks from the QB.
Bills- 101 rating, big throw to Mims on 3rd down made Bills use TO’s.
Pats Game 2- He played horrendous start to finish, hence the lost.

Your turn, let’s hear about White in his 3 games.

White:

Bears- Played lights out start to finish.

Vikings- 57 attempts, 2 picks, no TD’s, 369 yards, QB rating of 59.8, completion percentage of 54.89. Had I believe 7 opportunities in red zone, 1 TD.

Bills- 0 TD’s, played a sub par first half and a good second half. Played his heart out, but ultimately couldn’t drive the team for a score at the end of the game.

58 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

LOL. Your take is that Zach Wilson didn’t cost us the second Pats game? Bless your heart 

Wilson played the worst game i ever witnessed by a pro qb. however, the game was still winnable and was going into overtime before the special teams debacle

19 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Pittsburgh- Led 4th Q comeback to win the game, the game was in Pittsburgh which is a tough place to play.
Fins- Posted a 99.3 rating, did enough to pull the team ahead and the game became a laugher late.
Packers- Didn’t turn the ball over in terrible conditions, hit Davis deep which led to a TD and put the jets ahead 10-3
Broncos- Arguably the toughest place to play in the NFL, posted a 61% CP, against at the time one of the toughest D in the NFL in there house. Escaped the rush, run for some yards and made a handful of completions to extend a few drives to win the game.
Pats Game 1: His picks were killers and led to the L, although he threw for 355 and 2 TD’s, can’t win with 3 picks from the QB.
Bills- 101 rating, big throw to Mims on 3rd down made Bills use TO’s.
Pats Game 2- He played horrendous start to finish, hence the lost.

Your turn, let’s hear about White in his 3 games.

13 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

White:

Bears- Played lights out start to finish.

Vikings- 57 attempts, 2 picks, no TD’s, 369 yards, QB rating of 59.8, completion percentage of 54.89. Had I believe 7 opportunities in red zone, 1 TD.

Bills- 0 TD’s, played a sub par first half and a good second half. Played his heart out, but ultimately couldn’t drive the team for a score at the end of the game.

So based on your own analysis you have Wilson playing well in 4, maybe 5 quarters in 7 games.

You then have White playing well in at least 6 quarters in 3 games.  

You made my case for me.  Nicely done.

• Upvote 1

So based on your own analysis you have Wilson playing well in 4, maybe 5 quarters in 7 games.

I think Wilson played better than those few amount of quarters, he also made plays throughout a bunch of those games. Also, he made a few plays late in the game to secure a win. He beat the Bills which White failed to do. Speaking on my behalf, dont understand the obsession with White, his numbers were not good against Vikings/Bills. No excuse to be in the red zone that many times and only score 1TD. I guess we will just agree to disagree.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

They took x rays during and after the game and they took a CT scan so how in the **** is he practicing with 4 broken ribs ? This medical staff is a hot fuicking mess

He also went to the hospital right after but left with the team 

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

WTF is going on here x-rays showed no rib damage ct scan showed no issues what does a doctor have to weigh in on ?  pain threshold and soreness ??  or are they just not releasing Mike Whites status ?

Probably the latter.

CT's/MRIs can show other things like organ swelling etc...I was  concerned about his spleen in particular.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are 3,847 reasons why this is true.  

And I’m going to explain them all.  

One second.  I have to take this call but I’ll be right back to explain why.  

• Haha 1

And to be fair, I’m not anointing Zach as an all time great here, he was horrendous against the Pats, immature post game and his benching was warranted. White deserved the next 2 games, but he got injured. But I believe there’s something about a QB who wins games as opposed to losing them. Zach being 5-2, Cooper Rush going 4-1, Purdy 2-0. Even if they did just enough throughout the course of a game, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. The Cowboys have a chance to win a division championship partly due to Rush’s wins.