Mike White Starting On Sunday

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its hard for me to argue against that.  You have to feel confident activating just 2 QBs on gameday and its hard to do that with White as the backup.  

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Yup.  I had really high hopes for Whtie after the Bears game, but between his injury history, and struggles getting into the end zone, I jumped off the Mike White bandwagon.  Given that we have no proven starter, we need a back up that we know can give us a baseline of competent play. 

I really do not want to sit through another 8 quarter stretch against mediocre defenses where we score 9 points like these last two games.  And there have been way too many stretches like this for us in the past 12 seasons.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Pats will lose to Bills

Dolphins will lose to the Jets

Browns will lose to Pittsburgh

The Steelers will get into the playoffs after having their worst season in a generation.

And the Jets - after having one of their best in the last 12 years - will be watching from home yet again.

God loves the Steelers and hates us.

This can easily happen. 

• Ugh 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he missed his opportunity yesterday.  And his ribs being part of the deal doesn't help matters.  He has to be able to stay healthy.  

That said I want him back as the QB2 regardless.  Hopefully he'll come cheap since we're already on the hook to pay Zach Wilson $9.6M NOT to play Quarterback for the Jets next season, and $11.1M in 2024.

LMFAO I remember you leading the Mike White BOZO parade

how's reality feel?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  At least this season it took until week 18 before we were reduced to that.  I guess that is progress, but it still sucks.

It was better than the tank threads before Halloween. Likely bought the current regime one more year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

If some how he looks great and not injured. Do you write off last game and move forward with him? Haha there is just too many lets downs for me. Idk if I'm sure of anything at this point . But the path I think remains ride Mike white or whoever till we can draft a QB to ride the pine and learn. Dn inwish Mike white was healthy 

• Ugh 2

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Jets need to lose to Miami.  We gain nothing by winning.  This is a classic Woody game they win.  They need to lose.  

Disagree.  This team needs a win badly for psychological reasons going into the off-season.  These kids thought they were above the SOJ for more than half a season, and then were unexpectedly and brutally smacked with this franchise’s baggage.

They need a reminder that they are better than the SOJ.

At least it took until January for this.  Usually, we are rooting for losses by early October.

32 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I had really high hopes for Whtie after the Bears game, but between his injury history, and struggles getting into the end zone, I jumped off the Mike White bandwagon.  Given that we have no proven starter, we need a back up that we know can give us a baseline of competent play. 

I really do not want to sit through another 8 quarter stretch against mediocre defenses where we score 9 points like these last two games.  And there have been way too many stretches like this for us in the past 12 seasons.

So he hero's it out with a flack jacket, that he normally doesn't wear, and fractured ribs, likely had injections for pain; now he is a bum. Check. Jesus, how many times have you been married? JK. Unbelievable.    

• Sympathy 1

Seriously, White sucks. He isn't our long term solution. Ribs or not, he is bad. 1 TD in 20 quarters of play, I believe? I hope he is backing up somewhere else next season. We better not pay him what the "Bozo parade" (credit to FactsOnly) was saying we should a week ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Since I want us to lose, I'm fine with us freeing the Strev this weekend.  It would provide a nice comedic ending to this season.

The only comedy will be when he plays, lights it up again, and we all collectively laugh when Saleh gets fired for keeping his best QB on the practice squad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Up until yesterday, White was playing for his career. He could win two games and become the king of the city and be the long term answer for the Jets as he'd lead them to a playoff run!

He shat the proverbial bed, and now sports radio, forums, and social media are sure that he's not the answer. The Jets QB for 2023 is not on the roster, etc.

What happens if he puts up 300+ yards and they win on Sunday?

This is not a leading question and I'm not trying to make any dramatic points. I'm legitimately curious - if he has a good week, is everything fine again? With just 1 additional bad game yesterday, he seems to have lost most of his fans. If he has a good one, is he back to being great?

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I fully expect this ... All the Whiters will rejoice in a hollow dominant win that places the Pats in the playoffs and worsens the Jets draft position.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Like the ZW bois did after he *almost* beat Tampa last season w/a completely average performance?!?!? 

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like a handful of you were hoping Zach Wilson would get the start against a team he played relatively well against earlier so you can have something to keep you warm at night heading into the long offseason. No such luck. 

i didnt see anyone mention Wilson...let it go man

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, viffer said:

On a team with four quarterbacks who suck, Strev sucks the worst. Give it up.

It's a throw away game.  I'd sit Sauce, GW, Q and anyone else who might help next year.

Throw Strev to the wolves.  At least it would be entertaining.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Up until yesterday, White was playing for his career. He could win two games and become the king of the city and be the long term answer for the Jets as he'd lead them to a playoff run!

He shat the proverbial bed, and now sports radio, forums, and social media are sure that he's not the answer. The Jets QB for 2023 is not on the roster, etc.

What happens if he puts up 300+ yards and they win on Sunday?

This is not a leading question and I'm not trying to make any dramatic points. I'm legitimately curious - if he has a good week, is everything fine again? With just 1 additional bad game yesterday, he seems to have lost most of his fans. If he has a good one, is he back to being great?

there is a diff between winning when it matters and winning when it doesn't...psych 101

• Upvote 1