Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

I think he cares about winning, the problem is winning is a very distant second to being able to meddle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

291250228_WJ-Idontgive2shitsifthejetswinorlose.jpg.b440674365653269504be0d6a5e169ab.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

So do something about it, you moron. Pony up the cash and get some proven, winning football people in here for a change.

Livid??? A 10 year child is livid after losing a soccer game but does not attribute it to his lack of preparation and his time playing video games.

Woody is not smart and then left the team for 4 years. What does he expect?  His brother has accomplished zero in his life and took a bottom third franchise and made it a bottom 3 franchise.

Woody is simply a child in a suit. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

How in the left nut of ******* Satan himself is the sh*t we have seen the last two years Woody's doing? If were talking about by the fact he hired Joe Douglas? Sure. 

Is Woody starting, benching, starting again, deactivating, demoting, starting Zach Wilson?

Is Woody drafting Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, James Morgan, Braden Mann, Ashytn Davis?

Is Woody calling a run on every single first down play up the middle, and calling plays to throw 15 yards shy of 1st down on 3rd and 20? 

Is Woody shanking punts egregiously out of bounds? 

Is Woody missing wide open recievers by 10 yards on dump passes? 

He's in charge of hiring and retaining all of the above. You make bad hires, you can't expect anything but bad results.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

He's in charge of hiring and retaining all of the above. You make bad hires, you can't expect anything but bad results.

100% agree. It lies on his shoulders ultimately, but he isnt the one that sh*t the bed on the field. But that doesnt absolve those ****s of any blame. 

It's not like Woody made a sh*tty decision but hired a great GM and a great coach. 

41 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91136/as-tension-mounts-new-york-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. 
But this is all Woodys doing. 

Id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy. 

I would not worry about this.

You really should doubt anything Cimini has to say.

I think Woody was reacting the same way all of us reacted after the game - emotionally.

Give them all time for the post-mortem.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He cares about which fancy dinners he gets invited to, and what table he gets seated at… imagine being a billionaire and constantly cupping the balls of the gross people you want to seek favor with. 

Sakeh is doing okay. It’s year two. His coordinators have been hit and cold, his roster is all or nothing. There’s no excuse for the landslide at the end of this season, and I do think there needs to be accountability, I’m just not fully sold on ‘fire everyone’ as the solution for it.

I still have a modicum of hope that Saleh  can shed his last layer of cool dad skin, as this transformation for DC to HC requires it. I don’t believe there was ever a stud in Zach, so I’m less incline to cry ‘they didn’t develop him’. He simply sucks. They developed Mike White. He put up pretty good stats here. So, it’s not like the coaches just dropped the ball.

The internal bullsh*t with Zach is clearly at the heart of the 2022 collapse. I think too many suites are involved in starting lineup decisions.

Woody is an awful owner, hes a trust fund billionaire and insecure as all hell.

I think Saleh has some qualities, but bringing in inexperienced buddies for your coordinators is a major, major red flag for me. In addition, his teams are incredibly undisciplined and constantly make back breaking mistakes usually in the form of penalties.

I don't necessarily fire him for the sake of firing him, but if I can get Payton or Harbough, I do it instantly, like I would have fired Bowles for Reid.

If you can't get one of those guys, and you want to stick with him, need to see some real growth next year. ZW can't be the excuse next year.

• Upvote 2