If you are Joe Douglas…

Douglas has to figure out how to fix the oline, again. He needs to get at least a guard and guard/ center in the draft and possibly a tackle. After that get a safety and lbs. I don’t think the qb is coming in the draft. Oh they may grab a guy in the 4 th or 5 th rounds but it’s more probably he’ll be a free agent. And it depends on how they feel about zwilson whether or not the guy will be on the rise or in decline.

finally they need to assess milfs offense. Flacco did marginally better than zwilson or mfw but still didn’t get any tds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

There are several other QB needy teams within striking distance of the Bears who can offer more.  And, aren’t many teams loaded with Draft picks they can use to trade up after trading away guys like Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, Watson, etc.?

I think the Jets dump Flacco, should keep White and Zach, add a much more capable veteran like Derek Carr or even a Jimmy G.

This is the most likely outcome that makes the most sense 

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What would you offer, if anything, to go get Bryce Young from the Bears.  It would take a MASSIVE amount from 13, but you could argue that the Jets are a QB away(and maybe a coach)from being very legitimate contenders.

The Jets made their trades (Jamal, Darnold) and took their swing at a QB at #2.  Unfortunately, there’s a good chance they swung and missed.  You don’t really get to do that again very quickly, within a couple years, unless you (un)lucked your way into a Top 3 pick again.  Jets have to go the veteran route and hope they turn out like the Vikings.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The Jets made their trades (Jamal, Darnold) and took their swing at a QB at #2.  Unfortunately, there’s a good chance they swung and missed.  You don’t really get to do that again very quickly, within a couple years, unless you (un)lucked your way into a Top 3 pick again.  Jets have to go the veteran route and hope they turn out like the Vikings.

Exactly.  The Jets are ready to win now. They just need decent QB play and they can get that from a veteran without giving up a ton of draft capital and hoping to god they can develop a rookie QB quicker than usual not gonna happen 

25 minutes ago, peebag said:

There is no rookie/FA QB that will solve what ails the Jets.  Zach's busting has set the team back 2-3 years.

By then we might have a chance at Arch Manning.  We'll probably screw that pooch as well.

Life as a Jet's fan.

If Arch wasn’t a Manning he’d be a two star prospect.   CJ Carr is the next great one. 

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

small but mighty 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe, and it is not his height that worries me, it is the combo of height and being so slight.

He has a quirky delivery from the pocket where he stands pin-straight to see over the line, which I imagine will get him butchered in the pros. I get that he’s supposed to be a savant in the passing game, but the Jets just can’t take that chance 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I prefer the Tennessee QB Hooker.

I prefer his teammate Joe Milton. He's raw but he has tools that you are either born with or not. 

Let him sit a year and be the primary B/U and maybe you have something.

50 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Nonzero chance these guys trade up for Levis themselves. I don’t trust that they know what to look for out of qb at all. 

You’re right, of course, but man that’s upsetting. I knew it deep down but it’s something else to read it.