Tom Brady

Tom Brady next Jets QB?

Here's some arguments FOR it:

Tom would come fairly cheap. No draft capital, Jets could use #1 pick on top Tackle to fortify our Oline.

Gronk just said if Tom returns to NE, he'd come out of retirement for one last season to play with Tommy Boy. Would The Gronk come out of retirement if Tommy picks NE's #1 hated rival, the NY Jets? While Gronkowski is a shadow of his former dominant self, he'd still be the best TE on the roster (especially with Brady under center), even if Ruckert takes a nice step forward in his 2nd season. Nothing would propel Jeremy further in his career than spending a full season in the same TE room and on the same team/field with perhaps the best TE to ever play the game.

Zack Wilson. This is the HUGE wild card in whatever QB JoeD brings in. Saleh has already committed to Zack being (at least part) or our future. Saleh has said over and over Zack has all the physical talents needed to dominant. But is sorely lacking in maturity field visibility during the games. In short, a total head case.

If Saleh truly believes Zack's the future, even if a year or two out, then that will warp our plans for a vet QB.

JoeD may be hesitant to bring in a relatively young Vet (Lamar, Carr) and lean towards an older Vet on a 1 or 2 year deal, with the main focus of winning games now and rearing (?) a young Zack Wilson to take the reins. This leaves a Vet QB like Brady or Aarron, with little in between. Brady is looking at a year, two TOPS, which would be perfect if Zack really is in our future plans,

One last thing on Brady: His first year at the Bubs, he welcomed Antonio Brown, another head case, to move in with him and his family as part of his arrival on the Bucs. Thinking that a stable, all-pro influence would be good for Brown. What if Zack Wilson moved in with Tom Brady for the year? They're both single, and Zack could get Tommy all the MILF he wanted. And Tom could show a young Zack what it means to be a GOAT. Win/Win, especially if we're forced to watch ZW down the road.

Summary:

Jets hire Brady, Zack moves in and Tom teaches Zack all he knows about winning games, staying in shape, on and on. Gronk joins the TE room and Jeremy Ruckert learns firsthand what it means to dominate at the TE position. Brady leads the Jets win 2024 Super Bowl, knocking the Pats and Bills out along the way, and Tommy retires a NY Jet (???), Ruckert and Zack go on to have great careers, all with the JETS!!!

Brilliant!

(as I type this I'm watching the Bengals kick the snot outa the Bills) edit: and drinking heavily!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 4
  • Haha 2

This one of things that will end to be answered, soon. Do the jets believe in zwilson enough so they get a qb for a season or two (Brady or Rodgers)?  Or do they go for a guy who will basically put zwilson out the door like Carr or Winston  or even tannehill? The thing I see is none of these free agent QBs , except for maybe Rodgers, will get them deep into the playoffs next season and even this depends on how good the oline turns out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

This one of things that will end to be answered, soon. Do the jets believe in zwilson enough so they get a qb for a season or two (Brady or Rodgers)?  Or do they go for a guy who will basically put zwilson out the door like Carr or Winston  or even tannehill? The thing I see is none of these free agent QBs , except for maybe Rodgers, will get them deep into the playoffs next season and even this depends on how good the oline turns out.

This is it. and has to be weighing on JoeD's mind as he navigates the QB minefield. Brady for 2, then Zack, or Carr for 10?

4 minutes ago, SCRUNO said:

I think he’d rather play his last year with the Pats before ever coming to NJ

Most fans would too, especially Pats fans. But you always gotta look at it through JoeD's eyes...since he's the one making all the calls. Outside of hatred of Tom Brady, which JoeD wasn't around for, there may be really good reasons for Joe to pick up the fone.

Brady’s legacy is already set.  I don’t think bringing a Supebowl to the team means a whole lot to him.  He does have a son in NY so that’s an incentive to play for the Jets.  Other than that, I’m sure Brady picks the team that gives him the best chance to compete for a Superbowl.

Just now, Larz said:

Hey set the NFL record for pass attempts and pass completions in a season and won 1 more game than Zach/Joe/Mike combo lol

he’s washed 

For argument’s sake, let’s say Brady loses his mind and decides to sign with the Jets.

Are they better than the Chiefs? Hell no.

Are they better than the Bengals? No way.

Are they even better than the Bills? Not likely.

You’d be signing yourself up for at best an early 90s Chiefs run with Montana at QB for 1 year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

For argument’s sake, let’s say Brady loses his mind and decides to sign with the Jets.

Are they better than the Chiefs? Hell no.

Are they better than the Bengals? No way.

Are they even better than the Bills? Not likely.

You’d be signing yourself up for at best an early 90s Chiefs run with Montana at QB for 1 year.

The Bucs lost more games than they won with Brady, Evans, Godwin, Gage, Fournette and a good defense.  You are signing up for Johnny Unitas with the Chargers, Joe Namath with the Rams, Ken Stabler with the Oilers.  

• Upvote 3

I’m thinking in reality he would be near the top of the Jets list. Like you said, I think keeping a window open for their 2nd overall investment will be important to them. IMO that’ll rule out Lamar, Carr, maybe even Jimmy. 

Rodgers is probably the main target but the June 1 risk is real. If Brady wants to come here I have a hard time seeing JD and Co being like “nah”.  

But yeah, whether it’s Brady or someone else, my money is on a short term addition. 

33 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

He would go to Miami way before NY. Think that’s where he ends up. 

Raiders. They have Davante Adams Crosby, Waller, Josh Jacobs, and of course Josh McDaniels, who has work with Brady forever.  Match made in heaven. Brady goes there and they go into the playoffs.