Bears to trade the 1st pick

Rhg1084

Colts make the most sense by a wide margin. Imagine Bears want to move down but still be in position to take Carter or Anderson. And imagine they’d talk with Houston too if the Texans lock in on a QB and don’t want to be jumped by a division rival for him. Some risk that the Texans go Carter/Anderson if they lose their QB and Bears miss one of those guys at 4, no chance at 2. Plus maybe Indy tries to move up again.

Don’t think the Jets have the ammo to make a better case than a team like Indianapolis. And even if they do lots of other teams ahead with potential needs. Detroit, Vegas, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee…

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Bryce Young, Will Levis, and CJ Stroud are the consensus top 3 QB prospects. They’ll all be drafted top 10.

Would you say they fall in the Trevor Lawrence category or Zach Wilson category? Bc I haven’t heard much about any of them outside of Stroud.

1 minute ago, Jetty said:

Would you say they fall in the Trevor Lawrence category or Zach Wilson category? Bc I haven’t heard much about any of them outside of Stroud.

Young is short and that will scare teams off. Play style wise stroud is very similar to Zach but a bit taller 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Play style similar to Zach but he's good 

Justin Fields is worth building around, he's a player 

It’s so hard to tell which qb will be successful in the nfl. Guys on all star college teams like Alabama and Ohio State usually have much better talent than the competition which hides their flaws. In the nfl the talent different is much smaller 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Not just short, he is light.

His combine or pro day will show, but I don't think he weighs 180.

That is definitely a big red flag. Russ is short too, but is built like a running back to help absorb the hits. Guys like that need to constantly get out of the pocket because they can’t see over the line and don’t want the balls to constantly get batted down 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’d absolutely try to trade up if we can’t get Rodgers or Carr. I know they won’t but it’s not often you get a shot at the #1 QB and now he’s available. 

Would love to have Young. I don’t care if he’s 4 ft tall. 

I agree with you. If we lose out on Rodgers or Carr I’d rather roll dice with another rookie as opposed to signing Tannehill or Jimmy G

Yeah this isn't the year I'd pay a premium to move up.  If a team in the top-10 is willing to pay two 1sts, that means it'll probably cost us three.  Next year, for sure.  I'd do it.  Now though?  Just too much risk.  I'm not confident enough in any of these QBs to pay that kind of price.  Would rather trade down(or trade up from the 2nd) and take McKee if drafting a QB is the plan.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Enormous pass. The Jets cannot afford to go around the QB development carousel again

I know I am in the minority but things change quickly with young QBs and new OCs , I am in no way giving up on Zach Wilson, I feel very confident, the knee surgery hurt his development and the former OC was a cancer on the entire offense.

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No way in hell Saleh and Douglas should be allowed to take another 1st round QB, much less trade all the way up to the #1 pick for one.

These f*cking dummies have to do whatever is necessary to land either Rodgers or Carr.

The only other option that is even somewhat acceptable is Garoppolo.

Anything less and this entire fanbase should stay home on Sundays and turn MetLife into a ghost town.

Why? I get not wanting to do it right now but if they get a veteran and able to compete. They’ll eventually have to take another QB in the draft. 

40 minutes ago, Jetty said:

Is there a generational QB or player that is worth a team trading a ton to move up?

I don’t watch college football.

Five QB's will go first round in 2023.  There may be a star or two in that batch, but who knows for sure.  Although there are going to be a bunch of them going, there are no prospects that are being spoken about as if they are "cant miss" prospects.  No "Andrew Luck" this year.

The following will go 1sr round and probably in this order.

1. CJ Stroud

2. Will Levis

3. Bryce Young

4. Anthony Richardson

5. Tanner McKee

Every one of them could flame out or it could turn out to be a stellar QB crop. Crap shoot

• Upvote 2