Josina Anderson: Jets Potentially Considering Quarterbacks "who are not necessarily known to be available"

40 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not saying I’m advocating for it, just a name that could shake free.  If someone(and I’m one of these people) could convince themselves that Fields in this current lineup could be gangbusters, it shouldn’t be that huge of a leap to convince themselves Lance could also play that role.  That’s all projecting skills though with Lance, so obviously very risky.

Fields instead of Zach and are bitching about barely losing to Cincinnati or KC in order to go to the AFC championship. Maybe even bitching about LaFleur leaving to be a head coach Instead of this. whatever the hell this is. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This feels like the jets forcing the packers/Rodgers to make a decision sooner rather than later.

If the Jets go out and get another QB the packers will lose a valuable trading partner. 

Yeah, I’m sure Rodgers is going to be up all night  worried about the Jets moving on…

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, I’m sure Rodgers is going to be up all night  worried about the Jets moving on…

Given his salary there aren't many teams able/ willing to trade for him that also have players like breece hall and Garrett Wilson and an emerging defense. 

There's a reason we're only hearing jets and raiders.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I vote for Version 2.0

Give me Geno or Darnold.

Geno or bust. 

3 Super Bowls in a row. Its happening. Then they make a movie about his life. 

Canton. First Ballot. Revis knocking on his door. 

Fight me. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Given his salary there aren't many teams able/ willing to trade for him that also have players like breece hall and Garrett Wilson and an emerging defense. 

There's a reason we're only hearing jets and raiders.  

Or maybe the Packers aren’t trying that hard to trade him? Maybe I’m misremembering here, but it honestly feels like I’ve heard more about this from our fans and beat guys than anyone else. I don’t recall the Packers talking at all about trading him?

That did not sound like someone who knew what she was talking about. It felt very stab in the dark-ish, like she's using catchy language without knowing anything is looming. 

Tannehill - most likely "unknown" IMO

I do think Kyler Murray will be available but I dont think we go for him due to attitude and injury.

Dak Prescott could be a name to monitor. I do get the feeling that Dallas feels they couldn't have supported him better and may be time to change it up. He's going to be 30 years old and if traded before June 1st would be $60m dead cap hit, new team would inherit:

'23 - $31m

'24 - $34m

'24 - void, can not tag

Those seem like the most likely candidates that aren't the commonly thrown around like Rodgers/Carr. 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I said month ago Dak and Kyler Murray are two potential pieces in play. Short of Carr landing in DAL tho, tough to see a team build to win now forfeiting Dak. But, we’ll see. 

you do realize kyler murray has a serious injury and won't be ready to play for the season right? there's zero chance we take an injured qb who can't play 

• Upvote 2

to be honest - us as fans shouldn't be saying no to any of those guys.  QBs like Dak, Cousins, hell even Kyler would be a drastic upgrade in production at the QB position.  If Tannehill was on this team last year, the jets would be closer to 10-11 wins.
THIS

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.