R.I.P Tom Sizemore

1 hour ago, section314 said:

His performance as Sargent Mike in Saving Private Ryan was one for the ages. Godspeed.

A great performance.  Also his performances in Born on the Fourth of July and Natural Born Killers.  Unfortunately he couldn’t stay away from the blow and ruined his career and life.

RIP

• Upvote 3

So many great performances, dude had a knack for landing roles in some of the best or at least, my favorites movies; Born on the 4th of July, Point Break, True Romance, Heat, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan.  Kind of thought he was dead already, not to be disrespectful but RIP.  Great actor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Guy was kind of a scumbag.  RIP anyhow.

The troubled action hero: Tom Sizemore boasted of affairs with Liz Hurley and Paris Hilton (which he had to admit was a lie), attacked his wife actress Maeve Quinian and LA madam Heidi Fleiss - as he battled drink and drugs before his death at 61

Mr. Sizemore at the time was dealing with serious drug problems, which dated to the 1990s. Over the years he used heroin, crystal methamphetamine and cocaine, and he was in and out of rehab

Very talented actor. Very dark life.

I think I remember reading that Spielberg told him he could play the role in saving private Ryan if he stayed clean and that they would drug test him every day and if he failed he would be fired. Obviously and unfortunately, he couldn’t keep that up for the entirety of his life.

he is a cautionary tale…

4 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

He was in some great movies back in the 90s....but if you look at his filmography over the last 10 years....my god, he was busy doing a bunch of crap I've never heard of.

I believe he was blacklisted from Hollywood due to heavy drug and alcohol abuse. Those crappy roles were the only jobs he could get.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

So many great performances, dude had a knack for landing roles in some of the best or at least, my favorites movies; Born on the 4th of July, Point Break, True Romance, Heat, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan.  Kind of thought he was dead already, not to be disrespectful but RIP.  Great actor. 

He was great in Strange Days too