Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

I played golf with my friend the former Ravens exec this week and he thinks Lamar either signs the tag or sits out this season. He can see the latter happening, at least through it’s first few weeks.

As for Rodgers, he has no inside knowledge, but thinks if this trade doesn’t happen before the legal tampering period begins, it might not get done until after June 1.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m only relating what he thinks.

Joe Namath should make a phone call to Rodgers if he hasn't already. If Rodgers does come and win a superbowl here the talk for this team will always be Joe Namath and Aaron Rodgers. Namath (like him or not) is a football icon. Joe calling him and giving his pitch to come here and be the name that would always be mentioned in the same breath as Brodway Joe would have to be alluring to anybody, especially somebody with Rodgers' ego

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I played golf with my friend the former Ravens exec this week and he thinks Lamar either signs the tag or sits out this season. He can see the latter happening, at least through it’s first few weeks.

As for Rodgers, he has no inside knowledge, but thinks if this trade doesn’t happen before the legal tampering period begins, it probably won’t until after June 1.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m only relating what he thinks.

So your inside info is that Lamar is either going to play this year or not? Thanks!

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

The more this crapola goes on, the more I think about Bill Parcells old saying...If you're thinking about retirement, you already have.  What a colossal dumpster fire this organization will be if AR decides to retire.  You can blame ZW for all this sh*t too...we never would have been on board getting AR if ZW played as good as Trevor Lawrence has.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

my gut tells me there will be other player(s) involved.

That's almost guaranteed at this point based on the reports.

Bakhtiari, Elijah moore, Becton are names that may be included. 

Saleh did not want to fire Lafleur.  They were definitely close. Elijah's antics last year towards Lafleur and the fact that it was a distraction in general don't seem in line with what the Jets want in the building.  

He has to make a decision in the next couple of days.  I know us as fans want to know now but for him I get taking his time.  He’s spent pretty much all of his adult life and almost half of his life as a Packer.  It’s a hard decision to decide to do something new at his football age.  

10 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The more this crapola goes on, the more I think about Bill Parcells old saying...If you're thinking about retirement, you already have.  What a colossal dumpster fire this organization will be if AR decides to retire.  You can blame ZW for all this sh*t too...we never would have been on board getting AR if ZW played as good as Trevor Lawrence has.

you can thank winning meaningless games when a qb like trevor lawrence was within our sights

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

He has to make a decision in the next couple of days.  I know us as fans want to know now but for him I get taking his time.  He’s spent pretty much all of his adult life and almost half of his life as a Packer.  It’s a hard decision to decide to do something new at his football age.  

a lot of the greats have done it. peyton maning, joe montana, tom brady, brett favre, kurt warner.....

• Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Monday is legal tampering, no?

If he doesn't give us an answer by tomorrow, and he decides to join later on, he's hurting us and himself.

If he does not make a decision by Monday it is time for us to approach FA as if he is not coming.  We can't just sit on the sidelines and wait for him.

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only explanation I have is that Rodgers doesn’t want to play for us and he’s got cold feet.

I kinda agree with this, but I also think Rodgers just likes to drag things out and keep people guessing because he's annoying that way. 

I think we find out tomorrow night that Rodgers has approved a trade to the Jets. He'd rather not come here but he's coming.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I kinda agree with this, but I also think Rodgers just likes to drag things out and keep people guessing because he's annoying that way

I think we find out tomorrow night that Rodgers has approved a trade to the Jets. He'd rather not come here but he's coming.

He's annoying in many ways.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's almost guaranteed at this point based on the reports.

Bakhtiari, Elijah moore, Becton are names that may be included. 

Saleh did not want to fire Lafleur.  They were definitely close. Elijah's antics last year towards Lafleur and the fact that it was a distraction in general don't seem in line with what the Jets want in the building.  

This would be AWFUL

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

we would be set up with a legit young qb. would have been a franchise altering aquisition...but you know those 2 wins felt good!!!

Question do you truly believe this staff as it was constructed would have developed Lawrence