Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

14 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I would argue exactly the opposite. If he was planning to retire, he would have done so. If the Packers were planning to retain him they wouldn't have let him talk to the Jets or stated he is not their first priority. In addition, it's simply not how the process works. So you pretty much got everything wrong. But please, carry on.

Someone brought up the real possibility that Rodgers really is not sure he wants to do:  It possibly boils down to he's not sure he wants to:

A - continue playing

B - play in the NY city area

C - play for the NY Jets

Bill Parcells once said that when a player starts to think about retirement, he's never the same player again.

If Rodgers is thinking about any of these possibilities - it's not going to be a successful marriage with the Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

None of this stuff is an accident or coincidence.  I feel more confident after that Marshall interview than I have all week.  Rodgers seems to pride himself on keeping the Schefters and Rapports of the world in the dark but this was his way of telling us Jets fans to relax.

I get the feeling that Rodgers is holding out until the last possible minute as a final "f*ck you" to the Packers. He's making it harder for them to prepare for free agency.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or he knows and isn't in a rush to let you know because he's aaron rodgers and likes to do things when he is ready..

Lol at thinking Rodgers is home in his bed at night tossing and turning over this decision.  He's just waiting for the right moment.  

Some of you are acting like the season starts Sunday and we need a decision asap.

Well if he knows and he's coming to the Jets he doesn't do the team nor himself any favors by waiting. All though the "season doesn't start" today legal tampering starts tomorrow and a lot of top tier free agents want to know who the QB is going to be, don't you think. So if he isn't pretty sure he wants to do x but wants to wait until the last second so he can still change his mind than he's either (A)a selfish a$$hole or (B)  well a selfish me first a$$hole. If he knows he doesn't give a **** about the team, the player, or the fans the FAs starting tomorrow. So if he's not tossing and turning he would just be toying with all these people's careers just because than I for one don't want him. 

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think this whole process symbolizes the constant brain screwing the Jets and their fans will be subject to when they get into bed with Aaron Rodgers. 

He has to be loving the volume of attention this story is getting, but more so the clueless gaze on the face of all these alleged insiders trying to act like they have any idea about what Rodgers intends to do. Schefter and Rapoport having to do three ESPN hits per hour just to give some mealy-mouthed submission “The ball…is in Aaron Rodgers’ court/The Jets and Packers are waiting on…” has to be spank bank material for him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wish @ZachEY was here to help decode Aaron’s mid-life identity crisis/personal empowerment drive, because I think that’s central to both how this proceeds and how it ends. If I had to guess, Rodgers has been obsessively scanning the internet to gauge the level of hostility he’d encounter in this market, and I’d imagine he’s finding out that it’s not all that terrifying relative to what he had in Green Bay. Anyone who’s going through that “you have to decide whose criticism you allow to affect you” phase of discovery is admitting to having an inability to block out the noise, and they usually just end up cutting everyone off except for a select group of non-threatening supplicants. I do not think Rosenblatt, Hughes, Costello, or Cimini will pose much of a threat to that circle, despite the reputation of the New York media as being a bunch of dicks. 

Side note: Similar to when Rodgers acted like he didn’t know who the Jets skills guys were a few weeks ago (on McAfee), he’s also lying about never having been to Tribeca. Every rich dude who spends any time in Manhattan ends up in Tribeca. 

Tribecca is the Pottery Barn of NYC

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

None of this stuff is an accident or coincidence.  I feel more confident after that Marshall interview than I have all week.  Rodgers seems to pride himself on keeping the Schefters and Rapports of the world in the dark but this was his way of telling us Jets fans to relax.

Yup the take I took from it as well.

you could see that smart ass smile if his coming through with just his words.

have not commented on this much but I do think it is done and he will be a jet

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think the Raiders go with Jimmy and draft a QB. give Jimmy 2 years and let the kid sit and watch. 

Really both ? I think they want to draft also, may even move up if need to.. Teams very rarely do both, tie up lot of $ at qb. Plus jimmy probably would choose destination where he doesn’t have to hear footsteps behind him. For jets he would need not to have any worry about someone taking his job from him lol. 

58 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think the Raiders go with Jimmy and draft a QB. give Jimmy 2 years and let the kid sit and watch. 

Why would Jimmy G sign up for that? He should at least wait on a 3-4 year Carr + $ These are his prime years and the Raiders are too far down for the blue chip Qb talent. Richardson may be available but he is a project. JG has a strong hand to play with LV, Atl. NE, Tenn. & TB all needing Qbs 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said: Anyone who’s going through that “you have to decide whose criticism you allow to affect you” phase of discovery is admitting to having an inability to block out the noise, and they usually just end up cutting everyone off except for a select group of non-threatening supplicants. I do not think Rosenblatt, Hughes, Costello, or Cimini will pose much of a threat to that circle, despite the reputation of the New York media as being a bunch of dicks. 

Side note: Similar to when Rodgers acted like he didn’t know who the Jets skills guys were a few weeks ago (on McAfee), he’s also lying about never having been to Tribeca. Every rich dude who spends any time in Manhattan ends up in Tribeca. 

Which is pretty much what he said: he’s limited his circle to “loved ones”. Good for him. 

and not admitting to being in TriBeCa,  what an odd thing to choose to lie about.  It he seemed genuinely not to get the Williamsburg comment. 

He’s coming. He’s a jet. RELAX 

THE most interesting thing left to discuss is where he’ll choose to live. We need a pool 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Been saying it since the beginning.  0 chance aaron rodgers is a jet.

Joe like everyone else you are hit and miss but I think I this one you are going to take the loss.

this prediction is like my cbb picks the past few days - just ask @Dcat

i do think he is a jet