Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I gotta say, it’s almost impressive how Rodgers himself has sucked the joy out of this even if it does happen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an athlete that just assassinates the fun out of this sport like him. 

What, did you need him to give each of you a handy during trade talks, to make you feel included and seen?

/facepalm

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Jets need to move on. He’s not coming. It’s over. Tell Connor Hughes to say “Sources have told me Jets are now moving on etc”. 
Don’t be dragged and come out looking like complete idiots. More than you already do. 

Yeah this is pretty embarrassing and ranks up there with maybe the Jetsiest moment ever honestly.

Sell the team....move the team to London....release us all from this fanbase prison.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I think Rodgers is just waiting for another team to offer before jumping to our team ….. but that alone gives me a bad taste in my mouth I want a guy who wants to play here and wants to win … reason I liked the idea of Carr equally as having Aaron Rodgers 

why woudl any player especially Aaron rogers want to play for only New York? I mean for your criteria we have like 2 peole on the roster and a bunch of CFL guys would tell you that jets were there dream. 

It just doesnt make sense. 

Also it is green bay waiting to hear other offers, not rodgers.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I gotta say, it’s almost impressive how Rodgers himself has sucked the joy out of this even if it does happen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an athlete that just assassinates the fun out of this sport like him. 

if the Jets do somehow close this deal, it will be the dog that caught the fire engine 

Rodgers is annoying. Whether's he's an MVP on the field or whatever he's always been kind of a PITA 

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

JD is doing it the right way. He tore this team down when he got here and is now building it back up. He went from 2 to 4 to 7 wins. I agree he must take responsibility for whiffing on the QB, but he also gets credit for drafting the offensive and defensive rookie of the years. IMO is is a solid GM.

Look, I've been a fan of JD.  I think he's the most competent GM this team has had in a long time.

But the single most important position in all of sports - he has completely blown (assuming Rodgers doesn't come and he loses Jimmy G.)

Not being able to figure that position out in 5 years - is a MAJOR problem and you need to bring in a GM that can.

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's the highest that Jimmy G has ever graded out as a QB?  18th?  Maybe 15th?

And you want him....even though he's missed 18 games over the last 3 seasons.....over Rodgers.  Baffling.

I'll take Rodgers at his worst, for however long he has left in this league, over Jimmy G at his best and healthiest.

Jimmy G's numbers are top 10 and it's not debatable.  He's got a 99.6 career QBR and his completion percentage is 67.6 career with an 8.2 Y/A career.  Those are real good numbers.  They blow Carr away. 

• Haha 1

One of Aaron Rodgers' former teammates, DeShone Kizer, claims the NFL star once asked if he "believes in 9/11," Kizer said during a recent interview.

Kizer, who played backup to Rodgers on the Green Bay Packers in 2018, appeared on The Breneman Show podcast and said Rodgers once asked him for his take on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

"We shut the door and the first thing that comes out of Aaron Rodgers' mouth was 'Do you believe in 9/11?' "

Kizer, 26, said he replied, "'What? Do I believe in 9/11? Yeah why wouldn't I?' "

According to Kizer, Rodgers, 38, encouraged him to "read up on that" and research some of the conspiracy theories around the attack. The conversation then switched back to football, he said.

"Now we start learning about the playbook and stuff. And I was like, 'Wow I don't know where this is going.' "

"What it ended up being was a real thought experiment where he wanted me to go back and look into some of the conspiracies around it."

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Jimmy G's numbers are top 10 and it's not debatable.  He's got a 99.6 career QBR and his completion percentage is 67.6 career with an 8.2 Y/A career.  Those are real good numbers.  They blow Carr away. 

And he plays 10 games a year.  All those great numbers do you no good from his couch in Dec.

And they do NOT blow Carr's numbers away.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just think saying this like it's fact is a very strange take.

How you know so much more than anyone else. - and you know more than every report from anyone, including from guys like Adam Schefter.

But you know.  

Look, I'm not saying that it's not possible what you're saying - it is a reasonable explanation.  But it seems to be a less likely scenario based on reports.  I have to believe if it wasn't in fact Rodgers - but GB and Jets negotiation, we would at least be hearing hints of that from the media.  

maybe... but you know rogers cant decide what team he is traded to. Only Green Bay can per them agreeing to the compensation from said team. 

The media reports are usually wrong in most cases especially with our team but the idea that rogers is steering this ship when we know the his contract details, green bays stated opnion on rogers and wanting to do right by him and then of course NY silence on the whole thing. 

I agree with you it is just a reasonable explanation, but mark my words when then is all said and done you will see i was rights.

But thinking about it, you think green bay is going to trade rogers away to and when he asks for it? Or is the team going to decide to whom and where they are going to trade rogers. When they have all the decision making power. Rogers is essentially along for the ride man. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Except the wind blew. And caused a broken rib. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of Aaron Rodgers' former teammates, DeShone Kizer, claims the NFL star once asked if he "believes in 9/11," Kizer said during a recent interview.

Kizer, who played backup to Rodgers on the Green Bay Packers in 2018, appeared on The Breneman Show podcast and said Rodgers once asked him for his take on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

"We shut the door and the first thing that comes out of Aaron Rodgers' mouth was 'Do you believe in 9/11?' "

Kizer, 26, said he replied, "'What? Do I believe in 9/11? Yeah why wouldn't I?' "

According to Kizer, Rodgers, 38, encouraged him to "read up on that" and research some of the conspiracy theories around the attack. The conversation then switched back to football, he said.

"Now we start learning about the playbook and stuff. And I was like, 'Wow I don't know where this is going.' "

"What it ended up being was a real thought experiment where he wanted me to go back and look into some of the conspiracies around it."

Who cares?  I don't care if he believes in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.  I'm sure a bunch  players in the league have wacky takes on a lot of different things.  What does this have to with football?  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

maybe... but you know rogers cant decide what team he is traded to. Only Green Bay can per them agreeing to the compensation from said team. 

The media reports are usually wrong in most cases especially with our team but the idea that rogers is steering this ship when we know the his contract details, green bays stated opnion on rogers and wanting to do right by him and then of course NY silence on the whole thing. 

I agree with you it is just a reasonable explanation, but mark my words when then is all said and done you will see i was rights.

But thinking about it, you think green bay is going to trade rogers away to and when he asks for it? Or is the team going to decide to whom and where they are going to trade rogers. When they have all the decision making power. Rogers is essentially along for the ride man. 

Fair enough.

Your position was mine for a long time - it really is one of the few things that make sense, outside of Rodgers being a full on narcissist.

But there's just too much smoke with the reports that it's on Rodgers.  Particularly when Schefty says it - and he says it with authority.  He doesn't lie and is rarely wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

And he plays 10 games a year.  All those great numbers do you no good from his couch in Dec.

And they do NOT blow Carr's numbers away.  

Carr's numbers suck compared to Jimmy G.   Jimmy G played in a system that is notorious for getting QB's killed.  He's a much more sound QB than Carr and he has big game experience.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But the single most important position in all of sports - he has completely blown (assuming Rodgers doesn't come and he loses Jimmy G.)

Not being able to figure that position out in 5 years - is a MAJOR problem and you need to bring in a GM that can.

Never too early for assumptions! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I never said Jimmy G was better

he's just about the same level of play at half the price 

1)  No, he's not, especially since his cost will be higher than you believe.

2) Who the f**k cares about cost anyways?  Aren't you the one who's been talking about cheap-a$$ Woody Johnson's wallet for decades?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Biggs said:

Jimmy G's numbers are top 10 and it's not debatable.

Everything is debatable except for numbers:

In 2019, he was 8th in QB Rating, 7th in TD Pass Percentage, 26th in INT Pass Percentage, and 12th in Passing Yards.

In 2021, he was 9th in QB Rating, 13th in TD Pass Percentage, 22nd in INT Pass Percentage, and 12th in Passing Yards.

In the entirety of his 9 year NFL Career, these two were only season she played a full or close to full season (missed one game in 2021).

Being outside the top 10 (mostly) in both passing yards and TD rate, and being deep in the 20th in INT Rate, would (IMO) make him outside the top 10 both years, but pretty close, maybe 11 or 12 overall.

Of course, the other 7 seasons he was nowhere near top 10.

/shrug, if you could guarantee he's be the Jimmy G of 2019, and play 17 games in 2023, 2024 and 2025, he'd be interesting.  Perhaps very interesting.

But after missing 18 starts the last three seasons, I think the odds of him being that guy is pretty low, and being consistently healthy and available even lower.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I've been a fan of JD.  I think he's the most competent GM this team has had in a long time.

This is a fact-stacked-sandwich of truth and it hurts to chew and tastes like sh*t. But you are spot on correct sir.

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Based on the fact that the Jets don’t have a ton of money to burn.

They just restructured multiple guys and cut Berrios to get out of the red and afford themselves a little wiggle room.

They aren’t dishing out multiple 1st wave free agent contracts whether they trade for Rodgers or not.

The Saints gave Carr $140 million when they were $40+ million over the cap. The Jets can sign anybody that want

• Green Bay is screwed.  They can't write that $58mm check.  They think they deserve a high draft pick for Rogers, but they don't.
  • That does not mean that this is going to work out.  The GB guys do not want to be fired or tarred and feathered.  They are going to grasp to this for dear life.  
  • I do think the Jets/Johnsons are so hopeless that they are stuck with JD/Saleh for the indefinite future.   They are the most competent FOI team that we have had here in a long time.  That is not to say that they are competent enough-they are not.  As Bill Parcells said, their record speaks for itself.   But I have zero confidence that Woody can "fire" them, thinking he deserves something better, and hire someone better.
  • The Jets have to continue to push JD and Saleh to improve and get better on the job.  They will continue to have to extend them, albeit at terms that are incentivized for playoffs, etc.  They should not be among the higher paid GMS./HCs.  Maybe the lowest.  If I were Woody, I would tell them that until they are recognized as best in class, they will always be succeptible to being replaced, and the lower salaries would mean lower breakage costs.  For example, Woody should have been all in on Payton, or Harbaugh.  Even Reich.  But unless we are talking someone like that, all the Jets would do is fire JD/Saleh and replace them with the same type of person as they have no, and the new guys are more likely to be worse, and not better, than the guys we have.  Particularly when know that Woody has his fingers too deep in everything that goes on. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1)  No, he's not, especially since his cost will be higher than you believe.

2) Who the f**k cares about cost anyways?  Aren't you the one who's been talking about cheap-a$$ Woody Johnson's wallet for decades?

Only when it's convenient for one's argument.   

• Post of the Week 1