Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I've been a fan of JD.  I think he's the most competent GM this team has had in a long time.

But the single most important position in all of sports - he has completely blown (assuming Rodgers doesn't come and he loses Jimmy G.)

Not being able to figure that position out in 5 years - is a MAJOR problem and you need to bring in a GM that can.

? 

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Who cares?  I don't care if he believes in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.  I'm sure have the players in the league have wacky takes on a lot of different things.  What does this have to with football?  

I think you can say that for 26 teams in the NFL, but not the Jets, Giants, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Patriots.  Maybe the LA teams too.  They lived 9/11, as did I.  

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He used to be a top 3 QB now he's fighting to stay about the Kirk Cousins line 

his decline has been quick 

I watch all the games, as it goes 

look at week 18 vs DET, based on that game a 20-16 loss, Rodgers is washed. 

shoot, he lost to the Jets at home. A team with no real passing offense 

He was hurt against us right? and had no options to help him on offense right? Oh and we won the game because breece Hall was going crazy runing for 6 a touch right?

That week 18 game rogers has 17 passing plays and was a very one dimensional game plan. Not trying to make excused but that was off 4 straight wins against better teams but Det shut them down all game. It happens. They didn't lose cause rogers was not rogers, they had a crappy team and bad game plan it happen every week in the NFL.

ALl Im saying is that Rogers talant is one of the best and you cant take that away from him till he actually loses a step. Or at least shouldn't. 

Youu have some merit not trying to dismiss your point completely, but good QB had bad games all the time doesnt mean he still isnt great QB.

All reports from Jets insiders on here that the Jets were very confident Jimmy G would sign with them if Rodgers doesn't come here. The Raiders were always the most likely scenario. 

The Jets are in big trouble if Jimmy G signs elsewhere. I would assume the asking price for Rodgers goes up exponentially if that happens. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I've been a fan of JD.  I think he's the most competent GM this team has had in a long time.

But the single most important position in all of sports - he has completely blown (assuming Rodgers doesn't come and he loses Jimmy G.)

Not being able to figure that position out in 5 years - is a MAJOR problem and you need to bring in a GM that can.

I think GM’s get too much credit for QB when it goes well (Bill Polian for example) and too much blame when it goes poorly. Realistically I think there’s a big luck component and most teams fall into guys when they hit at the position.

But I think Douglas has mismanaged assets in other ways. His record and the trajectory of the team will pretty much be able to stand on its own after the next season or two.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everything is debatable except for numbers:

In 2019, he was 8th in QB Rating, 7th in TD Pass Percentage, 26th in INT Pass Percentage, and 12th in Passing Yards.

In 2021, he was 9th in QB Rating, 13th in TD Pass Percentage, 22nd in INT Pass Percentage, and 12th in Passing Yards.

In the entirety of his 9 year NFL Career, these two were only season she played a full or close to full season (missed one game in 2021).

Being outside the top 10 (mostly) in both passing yards and TD rate, and being deep in the 20th in INT Rate, would (IMO) make him outside the top 10 both years, but pretty close, maybe 11 or 12 overall.

Of course, the other 7 seasons he was nowhere near top 10.

/shrug, if you could guarantee he's be the Jimmy G of 2019, and play 17 games in 2023, 2024 and 2025, he'd be interesting.  Perhaps very interesting.

But after missing 18 starts the last three seasons, I think the odds of him being that guy is pretty low, and being consistently healthy and available even lower.

You completely ignore he's accuracy and Y/A along with his 99.6 QBR for his carreer.  He averages 238 yards per game which is practically identical to Russell Wilson's career. 

in 57 starts he's 40 and 17.  When he plays he's a top 10 QB in this league. 

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough.

Your position was mine for a long time - it really is one of the few things that make sense, outside of Rodgers being a full on narcissist.

But there's just too much smoke with the reports that it's on Rodgers.  Particularly when Schefty says it - and he says it with authority.  He doesn't lie and is rarely wrong.

Well he could be a Narcissist too, but he just don't have the power to do anything about it. 

Shefty gets told what is agreed to when teams are about to release whatever it is, but in these circumstances I think he literally was told by Green Bay that its all on rogers, and so he truthfully is saying what he was told. It just so happens that Green Bay is full of it and just trying to get a better deal.

Rogers and Jets are silent so that is all he has to go off of, but it doenst make sense. Rogers doesnt get to decide and green bay is desperate for someone to bail them out. 

Look I think alot of smoke is there, but it all seems to be coming from green bay imo

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Jimmy G's numbers are top 10 and it's not debatable.  He's got a 99.6 career QBR and his completion percentage is 67.6 career with an 8.2 Y/A career.  Those are real good numbers.  They blow Carr away. 

Garoppolo's record when he starts and doesn't throw a TD pass is 10-2

hurt all the time and any decent qb in SF and they win at least 1 or 2 Superbowl. Kind of puts his number in perspective chief

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Oh please. They are not hiring a better GM than JD. He just drafted the offensive and defensive rookie of the year and you want the Jets to fire him. Lunacy

• Upvote 2