Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think what Rodgers is doing is controlling who gets to say what and establishing the fact that Ian and Schefter, or those of that ilk, do not get the satisfaction of controlling what he does or how he does it.

He, obviously, has a deep love for his time in GB.  He strikes me as the type who wants his goodbye (retirement or trade) done right.  He doesn’t want it done by someone infiltrating his inner circle with bribes. He’s is close to Wingo, who is close to the Packers.  This is is his way of controlling it all.

Why the hell does he care?  No one else cares at all.  No one gives a shi* if one of the 'insiders' or rodgers buddies or he himself announces it.

He just comes off as he usually does,  an everything is about me doshnozzle.

And as much as every single person involved in pro sports has utter disdain for fans of the sport it tweaks us fans at the same time it tweaks the insider.

Any 'normal person' who did not negotiate a no trade deal after being given a monster contract could in effect pound sand and be traded, or he cold retire.  Instead we are subjected to weeks of Rodgers drama.

If the Jets had not painted themselves into a corner I would have loved to see them pull the plug and let Rodgers and green bay have each other.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

How is this not a huge red flag? This is the same market that ripped apart and had fans booing Derek Jeter at one point. And we're just totally cool bringing in guy that can't handle Adam Schefter?

Derek Jeter sucked though

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why the hell does he care?  No one else cares at all.  No one gives a shi* if one of the 'insiders' or rodgers buddies or he himself announces it.

And as much as every single person involved in pro sports has utter disdain for fans of the sport it tweaks us fans at the same time it tweaks the insider.

Any 'normal person' who did not negotiate a no trade deal after being given a monster contract could in effect pound sand and be traded, or he cold retire.  Instead we are subjected to weeks of Rodgers drama.

If the Jets had not painted themselves into a corner I would have loved to see them pull the plug and let Rodgers and green bay have each other.

I don’t know, you’d have to ask Aaron that.  He’s pretty vocal about not caring what outsiders think about him or how he operates.

I don’t think it’s a surprise that most players aren’t too fond of Schefter or Rappaport either.  There is plenty of evidence to support that.

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Do we know if he’s going on the McAfee show tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

He's not due to. That spot was during season only. 

Rodgers has 4.6 million followers on twitter. Twice as many people as McAfee's audience.

I would bet he puts out a video and tweets it himself (like TB12) before going on someone else's platform.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All I know is this, if there's one thing that is a clear signal that everything is going to work out for a guy well in this market, it's treating the media like crap. This is all going to go really splendid for him here. Really. Can't wait. 

What do you mean by "treating the media like crap?"

Either way, if he wins, it's all good. If he doesn't, it's not. Just like everyone else. 

I'm not sure when this Aaron Rodgers to the Jets news is going to be announced. Maybe it will be on McAfee's show. Who knows?

The fact that the Jets don't seem interested or even connected to any other QB as of now means they are expecting Rodgers to join them. Douglas and Saleh know they need to win. Can't imagine they are just hoping Rodgers picks them and the fallback plan is Brissett or Mayfield. They have to know he's in and are just keeping it quiet. No leaks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I don’t know, you’d have to ask Aaron that.

I don’t think it’s a surprise that the players aren’t to fond of Schefter or Rappaport either.  Plenty of evidence of that.

I was told today that the deal is done through a major college football coach. I think Rappaport and Schefter have the same information but have been told not to report it. You can see how annoyed both are when asked about Rodgers. It makes absolutely no sense and is completely unbelievable that the Jets and Packers have no idea what he’s thinking. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

cause he's egotistic as sh*t. which i guess is good for a qb, but he's egotistical about the wrong things.

it's annoying.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

How is he treating the media like crap? 

And why do we care about the media?

Rodgers fascinates me, scratch that... the way people get so worked up about Rodgers fascinates me. I don't really follow much off the field stuff, even with him, but as I catch up on it all, it just strikes me that most of the noise that circles him says much more about the people he pisses off than it does about him.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

How is this not a huge red flag? This is the same market that ripped apart and had fans booing Derek Jeter at one point. And we're just totally cool bringing in guy that can't handle Adam Schefter?

Not having the time for or disliking somebody isn't the same as not being able to handle them.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It’s Woody’s baby. JD and Saleh are just along for the ride. We all know how this movie ends.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s Chuck Clark, you dummy. You absolute stooge. 

Why in the world did I read that as Chuck Cary, who was once famously concussed by the right leg of Steve Balboni, with Bolboni not even realizing he had come in to contact with Cary.

Chuck Cary 1989 Topps Traded #17T Yankees ID:18922 | eBay

• Haha 1

Interesting little tidbit I saw on Spotrac.  Davante Adams contract does not guarantee until March 17th, at which time, there is a $20 million dollar roster bonus due and his salary for 2023 and 2024 guarantee.  $42 million.  

He apparently put out a message that leads you to believe he is not happy in LV.

Could you imagine if we could find away to pick him up with G. Wilson and Rodgers.  Add in our defense.

Again, interesting little tidbit with no plausible expectation.

• Post of the Week 2

55 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was told “It’s done” this afternoon, shortly after I reached out for clarification on Wingo’s tweet.  I have had that reiterated to me multiple times today because my, literally OCD, ass can’t sit still until I see the formal announcement, lmfao.

Pops and I didn’t have any communication until about 5:45 when I got out of the ole 8:30-5:30 day job lol, so I can’t speak for him.

GastineauPraying.gif.a549eb4f90bdc25c5b7f2bd67fa00b02.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

And why do we care about the media?

Rodgers fascinates me, scratch that... the way people get so worked up about Rodgers fascinates me. I don't really follow much off the field stuff, even with him, but as I catch up on it all, it just strikes me that most of the noise that circles him says much more about the people he pisses off than it does about him.

I don't think he's quite the villain he's made out to be on PFT and some other sites, but the "immunized" thing was fairly dumb - plenty of players were open about their status and most people just shrugged.

I just genuinely don't really care at this point - he's not a criminal and he's the best quarterback we'll have had in my lifetime. 

Just win. Last season was the first season in a while we had a taste of "good football". I want more of that. I was good with Carr, Rodgers or Lamar, even if all had their flaws.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think what Rodgers is doing is controlling who gets to say what and establishing the fact that Ian and Schefter, or those of that ilk, do not get the satisfaction of controlling what he does or how he does it.

This is all going to end horribly. Dramatically and stupidly, but horribly. 1-2 years tops with this dude. 100% chance the papers eat him alive after witnessing all this.

• Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Does it though? Dude is washed 

By the way the Jimmy G deal is essentially a 2 year 34 million deal 

Rodgers has like a hundred million left on the 3 year deal he signed before last season 

I know no one wants to hear about the cost when it comes to March madness but Rodgers is a cap killer 

For the 3rd time:  Since when do you care about the cap?  You gonna answer me or....

• Upvote 1