Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

On 3/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, Maxman said:

You know I don't normally post scoops, it isn't what we chase. This one came to me though from someone very reliable.

I was told things are up to Aaron Rodgers right now. It is the Jets or retirement and they are waiting on his decision but don't know when he will make it.

So this one aged well. Glad they worked past the "decision" part. Hopefully on Wednesday we have a signed sealed and delivered deal.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Saying that doesn't make you a Jets hater it's the truth 

No, it's your opinion, not "truth".  Geez...   please come down off your self-constructed throne.  

And your takes this off season are massively flawed.  Seriously. Oozing with incorrectness.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JetsRay said:

This is the mic dropo tweet and post of the thread.

All of the SOJF teeth gnashing, paranoia, accusations that JD and the Jets don't know what they are doing, and the latest that I love "OMG Rodgers is running Joe Douglas as defacto GM"

It's done, it's going to happen, and JD and the Jets are orchestrating EVERYTHING to near PERFECTION!

yeah... all that defacto GM nonsense was nothing but nonsense.  Face it, our fan base, particularly here on this site, are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Tools for sure, though.

What shocks me are some of the more reasonable posters have bought into this defacto GM nonsense willingly.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This up there with LeBron “taking his talents to Miami” pathetic. 
Not really .... That would require Derrick Henry and Travis Kelce getting together with Aaron and agreeing to go to the Jets too

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Rapoport said the Jets were in on Brendel before he signed with SF. So that sounds like Rodgers' work.

I am guessing ARod is working the phones for a C. If he is not working the phones as hard for a LT, that may mean Bakhtiari is included in whatever deal gets finalized.

I am hopeful that after the “Rodgers goads the media” tour is over that multiple statements from 1JD drop at 4:01 pm. relating to DT, Center, LB, Lazard and Jamaal Williams

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

So this one aged well. Glad they worked past the "decision" part. Hopefully on Wednesday we have a signed sealed and delivered deal.

Jets fans have been subjected to emotional torture. We are deserving of several good, smart signings today.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In this case it makes sense for him to stay. He knows the system and knows how he plays in it. He's getting close to the exact same team back this next year that just played in the NFCCG. So it makes sesne for him to stay.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In this case it makes sense for him to stay. He knows the system and knows how he plays in it. He's getting close to the exact same team back this next year that just played in the NFCCG. So it makes sesne for him to stay.

except now you have lance, who didn't look great in limited play and darnold.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sam Darnold signing was the difference.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, usanyj said:

except now you have lance, who didn't look great in limited play and darnold.

Purdy is a 4-6 month recovery from last week. That puts him returning in July-September (depending on how he heals).

So it is for sure possible he's the starter Week 1.

And hasn't SF shown over the last few years, that they can win with anyone at QB pretty much?

My guess is he gives us all indications he is for sure a Jet. Just with no details. Says he's playing, and not retiring. But doesn't say for sure the Jets. Bc there's something holding up this deal. Not sure of it's trade compensation, contract language, Jets waiting to see how they might want to maneuver money around with his contract after other FAs are brought in, etc.

But I think we do get that playing next year commitment from him. When we all know that means he's told GB and NYJ that he's playing and has accepted a trade to us. Just the details are still being ironed out. 

• Upvote 1

Screwing the Packers in FA, because they need to hedge their bets that Rodgers might spurn the Jets and return or retire. Either way, he eats up a large portion of Cap Space. What top FA wants to sign with a Jordan Love led team?

Screwing the Talking Heads. He’s definitely giving the big FU to Shefter and Rappaport by making a live announcement on Macaffee show. No one breaks the story but Aaron.

• KR/PR Keisean NixonRe-signing on a one-year deal with a max value of $6 million. (Ian Rapoport)
  • WR Allen Lazard: Lazard and the Jets are finalizing a four-year, $44 million contract. (Mike Garafolo)
  • LB Quincy Williams: Re-signing on a three-year, $18 million deal that maxes out at $21 million with incentives. (Tom Pelissero)
  • Chuck Clark: Acquired in a trade with the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a 2024 seventh-round pick. (Ian Rapoport)
  • K Greg Zuerlein: Re-signing on a one year-deal worth up to $3.5 million. (Ian Rapoport)
  • More to Come

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

We have thought all along that all we were waiting on was Rodgers to make a decision, and say he announces tomorrow that he wants to be on the Jets, and then the Packers and Jets cannot agree on compensation, then what happens?

Then it’s who blinks first.  So what’s at stake?   Well for the Jets it’s everything.   They have a SB window.   GB is an average team.   GBs choices are let him ride the bench behind Love and swallow Rodgers contract or trade him for a song this summer to someone other than the Jets.    Both teams have leverage but GB has more IMO

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

image.thumb.jpeg.69852a7e8a6ef1830bede5b340ac5358.jpeg

This makes no sense though. Any guy that over the last 2 days that's been signed hasn't been official until this afternoon. We traded for Clark last week yet its not official until today. You can announce AR being traded to us, just not make it official until that date. So it still makes no sense to not announce it. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Rapoport said the Jets were in on Brendel before he signed with SF. So that sounds like Rodgers' work.

I am guessing ARod is working the phones for a C. If he is not working the phones as hard for a LT, that may mean Bakhtiari is included in whatever deal gets finalized.

Bak is back with the pack.  If traded before June 1 40 mill would accelerate onto the Packers cap.   Maybe a seperate deal after June 1? 

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:
Man, Dalton Schultz is still out there.

If JD hadn’t guaranteed 30M or whatever to JAGs Conk and CJU, he’d be a nice weapon for A-Rodgers.

Seriously. TIme to upgrade the weapons. No sense in wasting this tiny window with bleh weapons anywhere on the roster. 

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:
Man, Dalton Schultz is still out there.

If JD hadn’t guaranteed 30M or whatever to JAGs Conk and CJU, he’d be a nice weapon for A-Rodgers.

image.thumb.png.3c70d2fef45aa96ee152f695fd66e359.png

Schultz 

image.thumb.png.1aa002f9d88be773b330c81c09799e67.png

Conklin

Schultz will demand a much larger contract. The Uzomah deal was a really bad contract for a cheerleader

image.png

image.png