Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Oh I think it will work very short term, I mean it is hard to get worse QB play than what we have experienced.

One thing I do find puzzling is the people that love getting Aaron Rodgers and hate the thought of Zac Wilson every playing for us again.  Their fated are intertwined.

With Carr now off the table, I'm good with Rodgers if the price isn't too crippling.  These two were the only real upper-level production quality guys available.  The rest of the options are decidedly mid-tier at best, short term only guys that could easily be replaced by Zach if the team wanted.

I don't think Rodgers having a 2 year stint here (if we're lucky, maybe even 3) means Zach is assured a starting spot here in our post-Rodgers future.  Rodgers is the only guy that locks ZW out of seeing the field while he is here.

Ultimately, Zach's future is in Zach's hands.  If he shows a massive, giants-leap in play quality, he'll get another chance.  If not, he'll remain an all-time NFL bust.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

this will blow up in our faces and some of us will say we told you so, but here we go again.

jets going to ******* jets.

I can't believe some Jet fans....the most absolute gullable people on the earth.  I would bet my first born child that Rodgers will not be a Jet

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

talk about kiss of death.  two days ago, I'm getting all these "reports" about how "Carr is leaning towards the Jets".....and we all know what happened.

I have always been a slightly more optimistic Jets fan than pessimistic, but man it is tough lately.  I have no doubt Jets will get Jacoby Brissett as our starter for 2023.  I feel sick.

completely different

1 minute ago, Tooooon said:

My best guess is Jets need to lock this up ASAP.  If Rodgers leaves without a deal and plans to meet with other teams, Jets are out.

At the front of the line for Aaron Rodgers is the New York Jets.

At the back of the line for Aaron Rodgers is the New York jets.

There are no other teams interested. 

You are not getting anything done fast, Rodgers has no interest in getting things done fast, he already has a contract, he is getting paid.  He will string this out as long as possible.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I can map out the exact chain of events

Tweet 1 - "Talks between Rodgers and Jets breaking down"

Tweet 2 - "Rodgers seems to be leaning towards returning to Green Bay"

Tweet 3 - "After considering all his options, Rodgers has decided to return to Green Bay for 2023 season"

Tweet 4 - "Jets look at Russell Wilson trade and receive draft picks in return for taking on his salary"

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Some of you mfers are insufferable! After a decade of bottom feeding, humiliation, and disappointment, we have the chance to immediately put all of that in the rear view mirror and be legit contenders by trading for a HOF QB who while not in his prime, is still playing at an all pro level, but yet some of you still find reasons to bitch and moan. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! 

Right now its all speculation.....speculation about a potential player that may or may not be here equals a bag of dog sh*t

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

At the front of the line for Aaron Rodgers is the New York Jets.

At the back of the line for Aaron Rodgers is the New York jets.

There are no other teams interested. 

You are not getting anything done fast, Rodgers has no interest in getting things done fast, he already has a contract, he is getting paid.  He will string this out as long as possible.

He has nothing to gain from that. It's in his best interest for whatever team he plays for to have time to prepare for other transactions.

Look, I get all the negativity. It's the Jets. They do almost everything wrong for the history of most of our fandoms.

Look at this objectively and intelligently, and it's obvious that the timing for Aaron, Green Bay and the Jets all fell in line together. This is just a step in the process. If Aaron has decided to play in 2023, it's going to be for the Jets, and it's going to be done in the next week.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Right now its all speculation.....speculation about a potential player that may or may not be here equals a bag of dog sh*t

That's what we do here.  Speculate.  Whether it happens or not, the fact that there are some of y'all who are against this is STUNNING to me.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

Right now its all speculation.....speculation equals a bag of dog sh*t

10 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I can't believe some Jet fans....the most absolute gullable people on the earth.  I would bet my first born child that Rodgers will not be a Jet

So, I've been skeptical about us landing Rodgers since of the offseason began, but it's technically not all speculation anymore. 

The reports are that the Jets are talking to Rodgers - this implies that they have permission to do so from GB. That alone tells me he probably isn't going back to GB and is a significant development. 

He either retires or gets traded somewhere, IMO. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he spurns us, but I wouldn't be betting my first born child either way!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

We landed Favre. It's really not that outlandish that this could happen, though I completely understand the masquerade to hide any glimmer of hope or optimism.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

That's what we do here.  Speculate.  Whether it happens or not, the fact that there are some of y'all who are against this is STUNNING to me.  

Some of these guys could fall into an SI swimsuit model orgy dick first and they'd complain about the food at the buffet afterwards.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Some of you mfers are insufferable! After a decade of bottom feeding, humiliation, and disappointment, we have the chance to immediately put all of that in the rear view mirror and be legit contenders by trading for a HOF QB who while not in his prime, is still playing at an all pro level, but yet some of you still find reasons to bitch and moan. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! 

#1  No he is not playing at an all pro level.

#2 All Jets fans want the team to win.

#3 The only thing more insufferable than the doomsayers is the sunshine and lollipop sunshine squad that think every move this teams makes is gold, despite the team being awful for years and years.  Over the years the Doomsayers have been right about 90% of the time the sunshine squad about 10% of the time.

Getting Rodgers has a high ceiling for two years but the move is also a huge risk on many fronts.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Championship post!

SOJF suck!!!!

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I can map out the exact chain of events Tweet 1 - "Talks between Rodgers and Jets breaking down" Tweet 2 - "Rodgers seems to be leaning towards returning to Green Bay" Tweet 3 - "Rodgers returning to Green Bay for 2023 season"

where did you copy that from?

@Jetsfan80 @Stark look at this guy copying right from the QT.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

He has nothing to gain from that. It's in his best interest for whatever team he plays for to have time to prepare for other transactions.

Look, I get all the negativity. It's the Jets. They do almost everything wrong for the history of most of our fandoms.

Look at this objectively and intelligently, and it's obvious that the timing for Aaron, Green Bay and the Jets all fell in line together. This is just a step in the process. If Aaron has decided to play in 2023, it's going to be for the Jets, and it's going to be done in the next week.

Eh?  He has everything to gain, he likes to hold court, he likes to keep people guessing he likes to ensure he is in control of all narratives.  He has a contract he is going to get paid and he can take as long as he wants because he has both the Packers and the Jets by the balls.

There is no reason at all for him to rush just to make things easier on the Packers or the Jets.  He has never done that before he won't start now.

• Upvote 1