Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

The issue is, the Jets are scared out of their wazooo, he wont play another season or at least that's what this report is sharing.

And when was the the last time Aaron Rodgers went on a "deep playoff run"?   In the NFC nonetheless...

Two and three years ago? LOL

Lost to the 49ers and Bucs in back to back NFC championship  games. 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Giving up a couple second round picks doesn't tank a franchise.  We still have a few good picks this year, and appear to be building a pretty solid offense around an all time QB while the defense was top 5 last year and should still be strong.

There is legitimate reason for optimism around a potential deep playoff run for at least this coming year if not the next two years.

This.

Beginning with the first year of Mahomes starting, KC drafted Breeland Meeks then Mecole Hardman. The following year’s 1st after them was Edwards-Helaire. No one at all irreplaceable they couldn’t have found later in the draft (or outside the draft outright).

In hindsight I’m sure it’ll be popular to focus on the excellent (if not great) 2nd rounders we could’ve drafted, disallowing the odds being 4:1 they’d have taken someone else over a now-cherrypicked selection, and at least a 1 in 3 chance that either of the picks ended up being somewhere between a letdown and a bust (e.g. Moore, Mims, etc.).

I think he’ll play two years, but it’s far from certain (hence the Jets wanting something back in ‘25 if he only plays this season, and the Packers allegedly balking at that request).

2 hours ago, rtnelson said:

So we gave up Elijah Moore, a third round pick, and a second round pick next year.  If that would have been the deal straight up I think it would be easier for you guys to swallow.  Because I don't think we were big fans of E Moore around here anyway.

It's a decent deal assuming he plays both years and is actually still playing at a top 5 level.

Let's win some games.

Some here act like the Jets have had competent QB play the past 50 yrs. When in actuality it has probably been just 10 in those 50 yrs.

They also seem to think the Jets can just use another 2nd or 1st pick to draft another college QB...Yeah this fanbase is so patient when going that route.

Zach

Darnold

Hackenberg

Geno

Sanchez

Clemens

Chad

Nagle

Let's go win some games and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.

Beginning with the first year of Mahomes starting, KC drafted Breeland Meeks then Mecole Hardman. The following year’s 1st after them was Edwards-Helaire. No one at all irreplaceable they couldn’t have found later in the draft (or outside the draft outright).

In hindsight I’m sure it’ll be popular to focus on the excellent (if not great) 2nd rounders we could’ve drafted, disallowing the odds being 4:1 they’d have taken someone else over a now-cherrypicked selection, and at least a 1 in 3 chance that either of the picks ended up being somewhere between a letdown and a bust (e.g. Moore, Mims, etc.).

I think he’ll play two years, but it’s far from certain (hence the Jets wanting something back in ‘25 if he only plays this season, and the Packers allegedly balking at that request).

I think he’ll continue to play if the team  wins 10-12 games and makes noise in the playoffs. If this team is barely above  .500 and no playoffs? 

85881488-23EC-463B-8E4B-9B6DC68E534B.gif

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lmfao they're doing all this, for 1 shot at glory. 

Oh Jets, never change.

You couldn't exaggerate more if you wanted to. Never change? Well they've been trying rookies for a while now.. since Favre for a 4th rounder, I think.   Pennington, Sanchez, Smith, Darnold, and the piece de resistance, Zach Wilson. Sprinkle a little Fitzpatrick in here and there.   So this would be a huge change.   LOL @ "never change"

Can we get Lamar for a single #1 pick and should we considering his obvious limitations and nearly guaranteed to miss boatloads of time over the course of his contract?  In addition, we'd need a new OC and a completely revamped offensive scheme to go along with Lamar.  So can he be had for #13?  If they want much more, then forget it. 

For the record, the Rodgers compensation, as speculated in these tweets and threads is too high IMO, so either way, there is pain.

• Upvote 1

If only the Packers had an owner as impulsive as the Johnsons. This trade would have been done already. Unfortunately, they are a public owned entity, and appearances are important for them. 

The good thing is that in Douglas, the Jets have someone that can seemingly temper that impulsive owner, and stare someone in the eye. Let time travel here.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

We might miss out on Elijiah Moore or Denzel Mims.

need anyone post the past 30 years of NY Jets 2nd round picks?  If you want to see a real horror show, go do that.  It's the most dazzling list you'll ever see.   

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This.

I get your point. But difference being they throughout all of that had a franchise QB. We could be without draft picks AND no QB. I tend to lean to AR playing 2 years. So it’d be worth it for 2 runs. But if it’s only 1 season (even with GB kicking back a pick). It really is a bad trade unless we make a deep run into the playoffs (AFCCG at bare minimum). AR only plays 1 year we gave up a 2nd and likely a 1st and have no QB in 2024 and beyond with no 1st rounder in that draft. Not a great spot to be in.

Who cares, just get it done.  Everyone complains about draft picks and as we know, the draft is a crap shoot.  We lose a couple of 2nd rounders, but we can pick up more players in FA.  God, we've sucked my whole life so giving a couple of 2nds for Rodgers is fine.  My 2 cents.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

This seems ok but honestly, I would be ok just giving them the first this year and be done with it except for protection if he doesn't  play in 2024. We aren't  getting studs in this draft. At best we get someone who helps. Everyone is overvalueing this pick. 

How do you know that? There are no “studs” in this entire draft?  There are good and great players in every draft and a team gives away a chance to draft one when a pick is traded. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's madness. Potentially franchise killing madness. I will be ill if we trade that much.

You guys are so dramatic.

you know what’s “Franchise killing?” - not having a good QB.  

For a change, the jets have a decent young roster. It makes sense to get a decent QB to, you know, actually try and compete. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I didn’t say Burger at all for submission. I would expect center from Minnesota to start day one. They evidently love this kid. The OT @ 13 would obviously be in the rotation. and provide depth. Defensive tackle would also be put in the rotation with Thomas and JFM. Linebacker would obviously watch Kwan or Mosley And be developed.

How do you know this??? Lmfao 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I didn’t say Burger at all for submission. I would expect center from Minnesota to start day one. They evidently love this kid. The OT @ 13 would obviously be in the rotation. and provide depth. Defensive tackle would also be put in the rotation with Thomas and JFM. Linebacker would obviously watch Kwan or Mosley And be developed.

How do you know this??? Lmfao 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh no, what will we do without Devin Smith?!!!?!?

*intense eye roll 

Or Stephen Hill or prob 20 others that I am simply too lazy to rack my brain trying to remember.

They have a shot at Aaron Rodgers with a talented roster at a presumed cost of 2 2nd rounders. Take the shot and if Rodgers has anything left which I think most believe he does, you most likely get 2 years of very exciting football and a shot at glory.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Who cares, just get it done.  Everyone complains about draft picks and as we know, the draft is a crap shoot.  We lose a couple of 2nd rounders, but we can pick up more players in FA.  God, we've sucked my whole life so giving a couple of 2nds for Rodgers is fine.  My 2 cents.

You are the best hope for the GB negotiating team…… impatience!

Who cares.  Woody put Douglas in position to be all in on Rodgers.  The deal should look exactly like the Favre deal but we tipped our hand a litte early.  At the end of the day it doesn't matter that much.  We have a cheerleader as a HC and an OC who didn't call plays or design the Green Bay O and ran one of the worst offenses in the NFL last year.  We need a veteran who can run the show on the offensive side if were going anywhere.  Were overpaying so what.  

We overpayed for Parcells and NE overpayed in compensation for BB.  The overpay was worth it.  It changed the course of the organization.  In this case it's a 1 year run which will be fun for the fan base and it possibly saves the HC and GM's job.  If we overpay so what.