Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

27 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I wonder why they had Carr in for TWO visits if they already had a plan with Aaron

Mutual gain. Carr used the Jets to get more out of the Saints.  JD used Carr to cut a better deal with GB for Rodgers...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

How does a tandem of Garropolo/Minshew help us "plan for a young franchise QB" better than Rodgers (who will only be here 1-2 years)?

Or a fun 10 win season (at least) for that matter? 

Just now, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Sauce is on a livestream on twitch right now cheesing his ass off that he just had a really good conversation, over and over he keeps saying it

Is he on a plane?  If so I'm going to need to know where it is. 

The Jets need to protect whatever QB we have this year, and with George Fant a free agent, a 37 year old Duane Brown with a bum shoulder at left tackle, Mechki Becton who has been injured for the last 2 years, and Max Mitchell with blood clots from this past year, the Jets must be able to use their 1st round pick to get a offensive tackle.

What good would it be to get Rodgers and not protect him?  I just hope that our dumb owner doesn't step in over Joe Douglas's head and agree to give up a first round pick this year.  

As far as next year, if Rodgers can get the Jets to the AFC Championship game this year, and play 80% of the snaps, then I would maybe give up a first round pick next year, as long as Rodgers comes back to play in year #2.  Although I would hate to give up any 1st round pick, I could at least stomach it more for next year, but not this year.

• Upvote 3

If this ends with Rodgers saying “let me think about it” - chances are he won’t be a Jet.

On a much, much smaller scale, most of us have been in situations like this, on one end or the other.   Have to close the deal - face to face with a handshake.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

hd kevin GIF

Live look at Joe. W Namath.

I still think this has 0 chance of happening.  But if by some miracle it does, I will thoroughly enjoy the excitement and root like hell for this team like I always do.  I wont be mad or upset.

It will be sad knowing that this move is the beginning of the end for Douglas and Saleh.  But Ill be going down with the ship.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

LAX is the closest big airport to Malibu where Rodgers owns a villa.

some smaller possibly closer ones

Santa Monica Municipal Airport (SMO), the Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), Van Nuys Airport (VNA), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Camarillo Airport (CMA)

Google Maps currently estimates a 36 minute drive from Camarillo Airport to Malibu.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MykePM said:

Google Maps currently estimates a 36 minute drive from Camarillo Airport to Malibu.

That drive is nice

If you take Canan rd you go through a beautiful canyon and come out on the other side with the pacific ocean right in front of you , it's a gorgeous sight,  did it many times 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

It really doesn't feel this way, but Favre (38) was younger than Rodgers (39) is now when he got traded. Favre felt ancient when we got him. The perception of QB shelf life has shifted since then, probably thanks to Brady.

Favre had taken quite a beating by then. Brady being untouchable certainly helped extend his shelf life 

• Upvote 1

I would think..among other factors, the key one from Rogers perspective is the forecast for how good the Jets O-Line can be.  

They better be keeping their 1st round pick so Douglas can, short of an absolute promise, tell Rodgers their intent is to draft one of the top three offensive linemen.

• Upvote 1