Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Earlier, when Rodgers trade talks first started, you were saying Jets will have to give up #13 and next years 2nd that could become a 1st. Trashing JD, Saleh and WJ.

Now you’re backtracking and saying even a 3rd or 4th is too much because it’s looking more likely everyday that JD is going to win this trade big time and you’ll be eating crow for 2 seasons. Each day that passes, Jets leverage goes up, especially with Rodgers looking for a measure of revenge.

That’s some epic back tracking by beer fish 

23 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If AR doesn’t give an answer by Monday morning, they have to sign Lamar to an offer sheet.

Ravens would have 5 days to match.

The Ravens will match any offer sheet unless a team can put his 1st yr cap hit in the $50 million range where they can't monetarily match it. There are only 3 teams that can do that, 1 has Fields, the other has the #2 pick. The only other one is Atlanta. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The Ravens will match any offer sheet unless a team can put his 1st yr cap hit in the $50 million range where they can't monetarily match it. There are only 3 teams that can do that, 1 has Fields, the other has the #2 pick. The only other one is Atlanta. 

Is there anything stopping a team like Atlanta from waiting until day 2 of the draft to send Lamar an offer sheet? Give up the 2024 and 2025 firsts then.

Random silly question: Does the social media team make content for AR in advance of the announcements? Is there a bunch of Derek Carr to the Jets content floating around One Jets Drive hard drive somewhere? Like the tshirts that get printed in advance of both teams in the superbowl and the loser's shirts go to some 3rd world country to be worn. 

Thanks in advance ;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Guys Rodgers is a Jet if you listen to Murphy’s comments: “something he wanted…”

He talked about Aaron in the past tense, Aaron is a Jet but for some reason they won’t tell us yet.

mad little girl GIF

It's because they don't know for how much.

There's no other team interested.  I'm telling you, Joe and GB are simply in an old fashion stand off.  It's all about comp right now (picks and cash)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Earlier, when Rodgers trade talks first started, you were saying Jets will have to give up #13 and next years 2nd that could become a 1st. Trashing JD, Saleh and WJ.

Now you’re backtracking and saying even a 3rd or 4th is too much because it’s looking more likely everyday that JD is going to win this trade big time and you’ll be eating crow for 2 seasons. Each day that passes, Jets leverage goes up, especially with Rodgers looking for a measure of revenge.

No you are 100% totally misreading what I have been saying.

People time and again have been posting that the packers have no leverage at all in this situation.

My reply using  3rd and 4th round picks was in response to these assertions that they have no leverage at all.

- The Packers no longer want Aaron Rodgers

- The Packers want to get out from under his contract.

- The Jets are the one and only team showing interest in Rodgers.

THUS if the jets hold all the cards and the packers have no leverage at all then the price should be no more than middling picks at most right?

My assertion is that the Packers do indeed have leverage because the Jets are desperate to get the player, so much so that they are having the owner fly across the country.

My stance has not changed at all.  The Jets will have to cough up decent assets to get Rodgers because thy are desperate to get him and the owner has gotten involved.  The Packers do have leverage.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Is there anything stopping a team like Atlanta from waiting until day 2 of the draft to send Lamar an offer sheet? Give up the 2024 and 2025 firsts then.

Post-draft, the picks come from the 24 and 25 draft, bringing the Niners and Dolphins back into the mix. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

Random silly question: Does the social media team make content for AR in advance of the announcements? Is there a bunch of Derek Carr to the Jets content floating around One Jets Drive hard drive somewhere? Like the tshirts that get printed in advance of both teams in the superbowl and the loser's shirts go to some 3rd world country to be worn. 

Thanks in advance ;)

Yep. Every team does it. Gotta be prepared! They usually have a list of who they might be interested in and put together a bunch of graphics ahead of time. 
Should see how it is in season. All the Win memes in the dumpster after all the L’s. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

My stance has not changed at all.  The Jets will have to cough up decent assets to get Rodgers because thy are desperate to get him and the owner has gotten involved.  The Packers do have leverage.

This is reasonable.  Basically you have two teams that are very motivated to do something. GB is in a tough position, with a tight cap, an aging star, some bad contracts and a budding QB pigeon holed on the bench.  JD is in the sh!t because of the Zack pick, a owner who decided to raise his profile over the past months, and a fan base close to a full meltdown living through 12 years waiting for playoff caliber football.

Both sides have leverage.  Both sides need this deal to happen...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The guy who has sex with his intern cousin that works for the Jets in exchange for rumors that are wrong half the time told us this would be settled by end of business today, and welp, here we are.

Lol you waited around all day just because I told you to! Get cucked

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know this guy.  Real sources?

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

What? You don’t believe DrStu?

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

Common

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

2k followers and not verified, gonna be a no from me dawg

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Adam Schefter…Ian Rapoport…Dr Stu…

Theres only 1 Dr Stu...

rsz_the-hangover21-1.jpg.b2669963b3284906ffeaedff98b6bd72.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know this guy.  Real sources?

Problem is, even if a trade is finalized verbally, it cannot be announced until next Wednesday, so saying a Jets official press conference is happening tomorrow is obviously made up.