Jets Sign Mecole Hardman

17 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If they all suck it doesn’t benefit the team much. 

Ok, we know this but it has nothing to do with the point being made that Mims is still on the team because he had this imaginary big season and Moore didn’t.  I’m not getting the argument

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Has a little bit of the robbie anderson vernacular in him, lol

A lot of "ya knows," but I never heard him make mention of nutting in anyone's eye.  And it is Chosen Anderson, not Robbie, although since he is still a FA, maybe it shoudl be Unchosen.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lith said:

I had no idea he had such heavy usage from the slot in KC.  Maybe I am putting too much weight on what I saw of him at Georgia when he was played primarily outside.  I still think of him as more of a bubble screen / gadget player who can also threaten a defense deep with his speed.  Hardman may be more of a big play guy, but I think Moore has the potential to be a more complete receiver.  But I am willing to be proven wrong again.

Hit him quick in open field and let his wheels take over.  
He’s a threat from anywhere because of his speed.

10 hours ago, Lith said:

A lot of "ya knows," but I never heard him make mention of nutting in anyone's eye.  And it is Chosen Anderson, not Robbie, although since he is still a FA, maybe it shoudl be Unchosen.

Thanks for posting that. Two things that came to mind during that interview.

#1 if he only signed a one-year deal, I would think the Jets sold him on being way more involved in the offense than he was in Kansas City. This young man will be playing for a second contract this year, and his role in Kansas City wasn’t enough to get him a long term. deal.

#2: no way in heck does he sign with the Jets unless he and his agent or certain Aaron Rodgers Will be lining up behind Center this season. Again, you’re playing for your next contract. You will not be leaving that in the hands of Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, or a teddy Bridgewater type quarterback.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ok, we know this but it has nothing to do with the point being made that Mims is still on the team because he had this imaginary big season and Moore didn’t.  I’m not getting the argument

Mims offers more physically than Moore. He's a taller stronger target who blocks far better. However, I think the reason one is gone and the other isn't is because of what we don't see behind the scenes. How they each handled themselves (attitude and behavior) is probably the difference.

23 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Not a fan of the Moore trade, but after a day to think about it, I really like the Hardman signing. Big upgrade over Berrios IMO.

Yeah I agree. I think we are trying to make it about Hardman replacing Moore, while it’s really Hardman replacing Berrios. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Mims offers more physically than Moore. He's a taller stronger target who blocks far better. However, I think the reason one is gone and the other isn't is because of what we don't see behind the scenes. How they each handled themselves (attitude and behavior) is probably the difference.

Mims has all the physical attributes to be a very good WR.

He just isn’t like countless other WRs with size and speed to succeed but don’t.  
Moore brought it all on himself.  He’s one of those clueless athletes who just doesn’t get it.  He opened his mouth about not getting the ball enough, was brought in for a sit down with his coach and made it worse getting sent home and suspended for a week.  He has no clue that he was traded for being a bad teammate not for being a bad player 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Mims asked for a trade but it was also probably the most respectful trade request ever. No drama, still worked hard. Tough personality fit for the abysmal LaFleur. Still think he can become a really solid player. I am a Mims fan. Do not like trading Moore, and the more I see Saleh the less I like him. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I really hope that Mims keeps working hard and maybe he can turn himself into a more productive player.  All the physical tools are there, he just needs to work on his hands which should be something that is improve-able.

As for Hardman, I think his speed can really open things up for other players, esp Garret Wilson. Defenses are going to have to respect him as a deep threat and shade a safety in his direction which will really help the offense as a whole.

• Upvote 1

On 3/23/2023 at 5:37 PM, Green Ghost said:

Not a fan of the Moore trade, but after a day to think about it, I really like the Hardman signing. Big upgrade over Berrios IMO.

Considering they let Berrios have a lot of Moore's slot role in the offense, maybe it's not the biggest loss of Moore after all either. 

I mean, maybe it was MLF misusing Moore, but they did pivot away from what many think is his better role and he didn't exactly light it up as an outside receiver.  Then again, Zach. 

32 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Pretty much a swap out for Berrios with a more team friendly deal, lower cap hit, KR/PR and better down field threat. Elijah Moore replacement coming soon hopefully. 

Seems like it and I hope so.  But Hardman also sounded like a guy who was promised a bigger role when he signed here.  (He posted this pre -Moore trade was announced so seems like was told he’d be filling his shoes?)

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, Beerfish said:

Hardman has always been a bit of a disappointment to me as a player.  Kept waiting for him to really take off with KC, especially after Tyreek left but he never did and essentially the chiefs replaced him with Kadarius Toney.

Bum

• Upvote 2

The second Hardman got the ball there at the 3 yard line I knew something bad was going to happen. Thank goodness the Chiefs still won the game. Love watching the Bills and the great Josh Allen lose again in the playoffs!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Well, we now have our punt returner.  I absolutely loved Hardman coming out of school, I expected him to havea  bigger impact in the NFL, but still like this addition a lot. 

Yup. I just knew I had to have a post in this thread that didn’t age well.
  • Upvote 1