NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

1 hour ago, MARTIN said:

Not good value for JD unless EM is a ticking timebomb mentally. If he is, i hope Cleveland has the best mental health experts in the league. Dont hate it, but don't love it either. Depends what we do with the pick.

Moore and the Mad Whacker what can go wrong.

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Horrible horrible trade.

the only way its justified:

OT in the first that pans out

OC like scmidtz in the second that pans out

2nd to gb for ar

anything less is giving moore away for peanuts

Your undervaluing peanuts.   

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

See above ... never said top 24 currently you troglodyte 

Call me whatever names you want. When you tell me the top rated 50 “potential” WRs in the NFL and show me where Elijah Moore fits in. I will be waiting. 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hardman kind of puts Beckham to bed no? I could see a Davis back. 

I took Hardman as Moore’s replacement. It feels like they need one more receiver, and I could absolutely see Woody being stupid enough to want Beckham, especially if Rodgers is pushing for him.

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

So Jets now have picks

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jets now are scheduled to have back-to-back second-round picks, No. 42 and No. 43.

This is so they still have second to take the center JD loves if they use the other second for Rodgers. . 

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yes if you believe in selling an asset at a low point.

You're assuming his value is at rock bottom.  It could get worse, he could be more of a distraction if he isn't in their plans for 2023 but is on the roster. He's already proven he'll speak out and demand a trade. They selling at a point in which they believe his value isn't going to get any higher. You may disagree but they are the ones who put him on the field. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He got booted from a plane and took everyone down with him like a month ago because he didn’t want to wear a seatbelt

That's actually not what really happened - as it seems he was sick on the plane and they wanted to remove him because they were concerned of an emergency in the air.  

But I'm really not here to defend him - just that I like him as a player and think he's an upgrade over Moore and anyone else on the roster (except Wilson)

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Leonard Williams

He had 11 sacks in 2020 for the Giants then got a huge contract and has followed that up with 6.5 sacks in 2021 and 2.5 sacks in 2022. I think the Jets dodged a bullet. Ask Giants fans how they feel about him

Not a culture fit.  What he did last year was unforgivable.
Could get much for him either as he wasnt very good when he was out there.
Can't disagree interesting to think this move was about culture fit though when there are rumors that we have real interest in obj. Also Aaron Rogers who we have obvious interest in is kind of a jerk too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's actually not what really happened - as it seems he was sick on the plane and they wanted to remove him because they were concerned of an emergency in the air.  

But I'm really not here to defend him - just that I like him as a player and think he's an upgrade over Moore and anyone else on the roster (except Wilson)

???? this is almost as funny as when you defend Zach.

• More Ugh 1

We don’t know why the Jets handled Moore the way they did after he had a good rookie year and after popping off deactivated him. To me it was kind of an extreme measure but not the only one. They did the same to Mims and then with Zach after he pissed off the team etc after deflecting all of the blame after the Patriots game. We don’t know who made these calls, LaFleur, Saleh, JD etc but seems like disciplinary actions that Jets brass made, confusing decisions. 

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I think that second round pick is going to Green Bay as part of the Rogers trade.

I wonder if we'll be trading both 2nd rounders for Rodgers.  That would basically mean our 2023 2nd and 3rd rounder plus Eli Moore for Rodgers.  I could certainly live with that (though hopefully that would be the entirety of the trade). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Understood.  But at the of the day, they still only get to draft 1 player.

And you're forgetting the Moore part of the equation.

Elijah was an early 2nd rounder who has shown he can play in this league.

So they effectively traded a high 2nd (Moore) and a mid-3rd (#74) for a mid-2nd (#42).

That's not good value.

There’s also the contract side of it. If Moore plays well this year then he’ll be screaming for a deal before playing on the last year of his contract. He’ll probably be asking for more money than Lazard if he has a decent year with how his ego is and how aj brown is his bff. That will also be the year where the massive Rodgers cap will hit. 

I didn’t love the trade either, but I kind of get it esp if that 2 Is sent to gb 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

We don’t know why the Jets handled Moore the way they did after he had a good rookie year and after popping off deactivated him. To me it was kind of an extreme measure but not the only one. They did the same to and then with Zach after he pissed off the team etc after deflecting all of the blame after the Patriots game. We don’t know whose decision it was Lefleur, Saleh, JD etc but seems like disciplinary actions that Jets brass show they don’t know what they’re doing. 

No, it shows that they value the team over individuals

Just now, choon328 said:

Are you crying? Brawl Stars Crying GIF by Tribe Gaming

Just cause you live by yourself in bumble**** nowhere, doesn’t mean you have to take it out on this message board. I ain’t do sh*t to you. Your miserable life is your fault, or your parents who failed to raise you. 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Just cause you live by yourself in bumble**** nowhere, doesn’t mean you have to take it out on this message board. I ain’t do sh*t to you. Your miserable life is your fault, or your parents who failed to raise you. 

Stop projecting little boy

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if we'll be trading both 2nd rounders for Rodgers.  That would basically mean our 2023 2nd and 3rd rounder plus Eli Moore for Rodgers.  I could certainly live with that (though hopefully that would be the entirety of the trade). 

I don't think they'll have to.  

I feel like JD really wanted to keep a 2nd - so made this trade to secure it.  

My best guess - Joe was trying to Trade Moore and 3rd for Rodgers - so did this to give them a 2nd straight up to get it done.

• Upvote 2