NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Yes a top 24 WR is a good thing to have on your roster considering there are 32 NFL teams. I'll just pretend you’re intentionally being an idiot.

I am at 53rd best and I am being generous. Based upon stats, he’s 71st. 

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

A couple of major factors in this trade is this:

- Both Lazard and Hardman know what it takes to play with a big time QB

- Both Lazard and Hardman have played in playoff games

And as Moore showed last year he needs to be "coddled" and with Rodgers
for 1 or 2 years we don't have time for that

The offense now also has deep speed with Hardman, quick twitch, can’t cover GW and big bodied red zone target Lazard. Hoping Rodgers can unlock Mims potential this year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That's not what I've heard.

And if there are "a lot of good players", then there's less incentive to trade up.

(Odds are this pick was necessary to acquire in order to secure the Rodgers deal.)

Meanwhile, everybody has been touting the '24 draft class.

People always pump up the next years class. People last year were saying this years qb class was going to be legendary. Now it’s looking average at best. 

There is a difference between 2nd and 3rd round talent though. Like if BJ Ojulari falls to one of the jets 2nd rounders then someone like him won’t be around in the 3rd. 

Someone on the jets (savage maybe?) said this year that the draft class is pretty deep 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That's a replaceable WR level of production. You guys are acting like he's a #1

Most guys are replaceable, but at what acquisition cost?

Moore was on a very affordable rookie contract.

Guessing OBJ is going to cost at least $8M per.  And Hopkins cap hit is something ridiculous like 22M.

Both guys are about to hit age 31.

Moore is 22.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Guessing OBJ is going to cost at least $8M per.  And Hopkins cap hit is something ridiculous like 22M.

Moore is 22.

The Jets are all in to win a Super Bowl this year. They don't have the luxury to hope Moore gets his head out of his ass.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

OBJ would be a great move.

Obviously depending on price - but he's the best WR on the market.  He's healthy right now, the team really needs a legit #2 - and our HOF QB wants him.

For sure. Getting rid of a 22-year-old injury-prone psycho making $1.4mm next year frees us up to pay a 30-year-old injury-prone psycho $10mm next year. Good stuff

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

For sure. Getting rid of a 22-year-old injury-prone psycho making $1.4mm next year frees us up to pay a 30-year-old injury-prone psycho $10mm next year. Good stuff

Hardman kind of puts Beckham to bed no? I could see a Davis back. 

11 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

People always pump up the next years class. People last year were saying this years qb class was going to be legendary. Now it’s looking average at best. 

There is a difference between 2nd and 3rd round talent though. Like if BJ Ojulari falls to one of the jets 2nd rounders then someone like him won’t be around in the 3rd. 

Someone on the jets (savage maybe?) said this year that the draft class is pretty deep 

Understood.  But at the of the day, they still only get to draft 1 player.

And you're forgetting the Moore part of the equation.

Elijah was an early 2nd rounder who has shown he can play in this league.

So they effectively traded a high 2nd (Moore) and a mid-3rd (#74) for a mid-2nd (#42).

That's not good value.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I am up to 40 WRs who are better and still have 6 more teams.  

Yeah thats the difference between being a top 40 WR currently and having top 24 potential cute though nice straw man attempt.... or maybe you just don't understand  the difference.  I believe  he will have too 24 production seasons with the potential  to spike higher.

I don't like the idea of trading the wrong player at the wrong time and feel his value will appreciate not depreciate further. You don't like him because he acted like a diva last year ... guess what I don't like him for the same reasons. I'm just saying we didn't need to sell him at a discount.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

For sure. Thank goodness we finally got rid of a 22-year-old injury-prone psycho making $1.4mm next year so we can pay a 30-year-old injury-prone psycho $10mm next year.

They got rid of Moore to trade for Rodgers.    No way anyone is paying OBJ $10mm a year.  He'll get $5mm maybe $6mm for two years.  

I don't love OBJ but he does seem like he's grown up a bit and Moore does seem like a distraction.  

I also don't understand the hate of bringing in guys Rodgers like.  Do you think Joe Douglas has a better eye for WR's than the 40 year old Aaron Rodgers?  I would trust Rodgers to help choose who he wants at WR - more than anyone in the Jets front office.

I don't see Rodgers talking about Defense, OL or RB or even TE's.  He's listing WR's that he likes. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Moore is 22.

And OBJ has been banged up recently. Hasn't touched 1k since 2019. 

OBJ 2021 stats: 14 G 44 Catches 537 yds 5 tds

Moore 2021 stats: 11 G 43 Catches 538 yds 5 tds 

OBJ is turning 31, coming off a torn ACL. Moore is turning 23. Doesn't seem wise to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They got rid of Moore to trade for Rodgers.    No way anyone is paying OBJ $10mm a year.  He'll get $5mm maybe $6mm for two years.  

I don't love OBJ but he does seem like he's grown up a bit and Moore does seem like a distraction.  

I also don't understand the hate of bringing in guys Rodgers like.  Do you think Joe Douglas has a better eye for WR's than the 40 year old Aaron Rodgers?  I would trust Rodgers to help choose who he wants at WR - more than anyone in the Jets front office.

I don't see Rodgers talking about Defense, OL or RB or even TE's.  He's listing WR's that he likes. 

He got booted from a plane and took everyone down with him like a month ago because he didn’t want to wear a seatbelt

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Understood.  But at the of the day, they still only get to draft 1 player.

And you're forgetting the Moore part of the equation.

Elijah was an early 2nd rounder who has shown he can play in this league.

So they effectively traded a high 2nd and a mid-3rd for a mid-2nd.

They successfully cured cancer.   Priceless.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We should make him the GM. dude knows talent

• Haha 1